[Watch face]Purr - The Durr app for Pebble

JamesBrooksJamesBrooks Posts: 124Member Regular
edited February 2014 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
I've started writing a Pebble app that replicates the functionality of Durr. It's using SDK v2.0 since that'll be coming soon and it's nice.

Purr is open source and there are a couple of issues open that I intend to fix and close.
  • Make it a watch face instead?
  • Intro screen
  • Fix a bug with vibrating happening every few seconds
Post edited by JamesBrooks on

Comments

• JamesLitvakJamesLitvak Posts: 240Member Regular
    I just read about the Durr watch yesterday. Very interesting concept. I will be following your progress.
  • JamesBrooksJamesBrooks Posts: 124Member Regular
    Thanks James!

There is a bug at the moment, but it'll be fixed soon.
  • orviwanorviwan Posts: 2,753Member, Moderator mod
    Nice idea.

The Aviator 2.0 watch face has setting to allow you to specify vibrations every n minutes.

Forum Moderator  iPhone 6 (iOS 8)

Available on the Pebble appstore
    91 Dub 3.0
    The Day Today
    Chunk Weather 2.0
    Aviator
    Ok, so a couple of changes:
    1. Purr is now a watch face.
    2. I've fixed the vibration bug.
    3. There is now a intro screen.
    4. Purr will vibrate every 5 minutes from selecting the face, unlike before it was ever 0/5 minutes past.
    Also, Purr has been mentioned on the Durr blog.
  • SuzanneSchillerSuzanneSchiller Posts: 1,716Moderator mod

1. Purr will vibrate every 5 minutes from selecting the face, unlike before it was ever 0/5 minutes past.

Can you make this an optional setting (that is, 5 minutes after the hour or 5 minutes after selection of watch face)?

Forum Moderator

Kickstarter OG Black and OG White
    Brushed Stainless Steel
    Time White
    Waiting on Time Steel
    iPhone 6

Hi Suzanne, I'm sure I can add that in :)
  • JamesLitvakJamesLitvak Posts: 240Member Regular

Downloaded, and I found one flaw in the concept of this watchface on a smartwatch. Every time it vibrates I look for a notification. Similarly, every time I get a notification, I think it is just 5 minutes passing.

I'm glad I gave it a shot, but I deleted it. Not for me. Thanks for making it, though, @JamesBrooks.

James, thanks for your feedback. Ideally you'd turn off Bluetooth and have Purr running by itself. It is a bit confusing, granted :)
  • Darren04Darren04 Posts: 2Member
    Would it be possible to have a different vibration from a notification, like a pulse or something?
    Darren said:
    Would it be possible to have a different vibration from a notification, like a pulse or something?
    I've just released 1.3.0 which has a custom vibration pattern. It may be too violent though, so I may change it a bit more. Thoughts?
  • Darren04Darren04 Posts: 2Member
    James, made anymore progress with this?. Looking forward to trying it out when my pebble finally arrives.
    Hi Darren, not recently, what kind of features would you like to see?
  • jasonKatzjasonKatz Posts: 5Member
    Hi James, can you use the coding you have already done for peer as a way to have custom vibration patterns for contacts in an iPhone so every time someone calls, I would be able to recognize their vibration pattern so I don't need to look at the watch to know who is calling. It would be great for meetings when I can not keep looking at my pebble watch but I would still like to know who is calling. Thanks
  • Jesse03Jesse03 Posts: 1Member Pebbler
    Hi James,

I like the idea of having a different vibration pattern, but having it as a watch face doesn't make much sense i still want to be able to look at my watch and see the time (otherwise i would have bought a durr)
    @jasonKatz, I don't believe it's possible to get who is calling you and then vibrate based on that person, but I can dig deeper.

@Jesse, I think you're right, perhaps I could add some settings to display a very minimal digital clock.
  • HimselfHimself Posts: 13Member Pebbler
    @Jesse, I think you're right, perhaps I could add some settings to display a very minimal digital clock.
    Couldn't you make it into an app that runs in the background? I haven't found one that can do this and I don't know whether or not pebble actually would allow for such a function, but this would definitely be the best option IMO. One could just choose the watchface one likes (even a blank one) and still feel the passage of time!

Also, I'd love to have the choice of setting a different vibration interval, e.g. 10 or 15 minutes.

I hope you haven't given up on the development of this app!