[Watch face]Purr - The Durr app for Pebble

JamesBrooksJamesBrooks Posts: 124Member Regular
edited February 2014 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
I've started writing a Pebble app that replicates the functionality of Durr. It's using SDK v2.0 since that'll be coming soon and it's nice.

Purr is open source and there are a couple of issues open that I intend to fix and close.
  • Make it a watch face instead?
  • Intro screen
  • Fix a bug with vibrating happening every few seconds
Post edited by JamesBrooks on
·

Comments

• JamesLitvakJamesLitvak Posts: 240Member Regular
    I just read about the Durr watch yesterday. Very interesting concept. I will be following your progress.
    ·
  • JamesBrooksJamesBrooks Posts: 124Member Regular
    Thanks James!

There is a bug at the moment, but it'll be fixed soon.
    ·
  • orviwanorviwan Posts: 2,632Member, Moderator mod
    Nice idea.

The Aviator 2.0 watch face has setting to allow you to specify vibrations every n minutes.

Forum Moderator  iPhone 6 (iOS 8)

Available on the Pebble appstore
    91 Dub 2.0
    Chunk Weather 2.0
    Aviator
    ·
    Ok, so a couple of changes:
    1. Purr is now a watch face.
    2. I've fixed the vibration bug.
    3. There is now a intro screen.
    4. Purr will vibrate every 5 minutes from selecting the face, unlike before it was ever 0/5 minutes past.
    Also, Purr has been mentioned on the Durr blog.
    ·
  • SuzanneSchillerSuzanneSchiller Posts: 1,680Moderator mod

1. Purr will vibrate every 5 minutes from selecting the face, unlike before it was ever 0/5 minutes past.

Can you make this an optional setting (that is, 5 minutes after the hour or 5 minutes after selection of watch face)?

Forum Moderator

Kickstarter OG Black and OG White
    Brushed Stainless Steel
    Time White
    Waiting on Time Steel
    iPhone 6

·
    Hi Suzanne, I'm sure I can add that in :)
    ·
  • JamesLitvakJamesLitvak Posts: 240Member Regular

Downloaded, and I found one flaw in the concept of this watchface on a smartwatch. Every time it vibrates I look for a notification. Similarly, every time I get a notification, I think it is just 5 minutes passing.

I'm glad I gave it a shot, but I deleted it. Not for me. Thanks for making it, though, @JamesBrooks.

·
    James, thanks for your feedback. Ideally you'd turn off Bluetooth and have Purr running by itself. It is a bit confusing, granted :)
    ·
  • Darren04Darren04 Posts: 2Member
    Would it be possible to have a different vibration from a notification, like a pulse or something?
    ·
    Darren said:
    Would it be possible to have a different vibration from a notification, like a pulse or something?
    I've just released 1.3.0 which has a custom vibration pattern. It may be too violent though, so I may change it a bit more. Thoughts?
    ·
  • Darren04Darren04 Posts: 2Member
    James, made anymore progress with this?. Looking forward to trying it out when my pebble finally arrives.
    ·
    Hi Darren, not recently, what kind of features would you like to see?
    ·
  • jasonKatzjasonKatz Posts: 5Member
    Hi James, can you use the coding you have already done for peer as a way to have custom vibration patterns for contacts in an iPhone so every time someone calls, I would be able to recognize their vibration pattern so I don't need to look at the watch to know who is calling. It would be great for meetings when I can not keep looking at my pebble watch but I would still like to know who is calling. Thanks
    ·
  • Jesse03Jesse03 Posts: 1Member Pebbler
    Hi James,

I like the idea of having a different vibration pattern, but having it as a watch face doesn't make much sense i still want to be able to look at my watch and see the time (otherwise i would have bought a durr)
    ·
    @jasonKatz, I don't believe it's possible to get who is calling you and then vibrate based on that person, but I can dig deeper.

@Jesse, I think you're right, perhaps I could add some settings to display a very minimal digital clock.
    ·
  • HimselfHimself Posts: 12Member Pebbler
    @Jesse, I think you're right, perhaps I could add some settings to display a very minimal digital clock.
    Couldn't you make it into an app that runs in the background? I haven't found one that can do this and I don't know whether or not pebble actually would allow for such a function, but this would definitely be the best option IMO. One could just choose the watchface one likes (even a blank one) and still feel the passage of time!

Also, I'd love to have the choice of setting a different vibration interval, e.g. 10 or 15 minutes.

I hope you haven't given up on the development of this app!

·