Reluctantly cancelled order

After two months of obsessively checking emails, gazing upon status screens and forum trawling, I reluctantly cancelled my order yesterday! I don't mind waiting for things, I once waited a year for a guitar I ordered online, but what I don't like is being kept in the dark. I've sent numerous emails asking about delivery times and order questions and received nothing back. Ironically, when I sent an email asking to cancel my order, I got an email back within 24 hours. If they can respond to that, why can't they respond to anything else? I've found myself becoming a pest on Facebook and Twitter, hounding the developers for information and badgering them for a response but still to no avail. My excitement for the product and that feeling I had when I ordered the Pebble Steel, has since been replaced with feelings of frustration and anger and I really feel for anyone else in the same position. Great watch, great idea, terrible service and poorly executed!

Comments

• EricTomEricTom Posts: 7Member
    I wouldn't be too upset as this may have saved you some money that you can put towards a better watch with more features that is likely to be released within the next few months.  I bought a brand new original Pebble a couple of weeks ago on eBay for $105.  I thought about the Pebble Steel but I was reluctant to spend $250 for one and i'm glad I didn't.  The day after I received my Pebble in the mail, the announcement came out about the upcoming Android Wear OS with previews of a couple of upcoming smart watches from LG and Motorola that look really nice and should be capable of doing far more than the Pebble is capable of.  

Pebble customer service probably isn't capable of predicting when orders will be fulfilled.  However, I had a connectivity issue with my Pebble when I first got it and sent them an email.  I received a reply within a few hours with some troubleshooting suggestions that resolved my issue so I was pleased with their responsiveness on my issue.
  • Ersin DurnaErsin Durna Posts: 127Member
    edited March 24

@David Harries,

I am thinking and feeling the same as you. I will give them 1 more week and cancel. I doubt that Pebble does not worry about personal orders. They are more focused on SW Development and retailers orders. Infact my oppinion were the same if I were them. But only I would not anounce and promise to ship anywhere!

Cheers!

Post edited by Ersin Durna on

Pebble Steel Black Matte pre-ordered on 27.January.2014

"The best shape of a cookie is the shape it takes in my tommy"Cookie Monster

• Terry02Terry02 Posts: 5Member
    I wish I had cancelled mine. 
    After a few days with my steel, I am not impressed.
    build quality is sloppy. the buttons do not line up. The middle button, the most important, loves to double push, activating the music player.
    yesterday, a new symptom started, the backlight would get "stuck" on, and I have to go play with settings to get it to go back to sleep.
    The battery life is no where near the week that was promised. After stripping out every app but notify, I am getting 2 days tops.
    When I was running a couple of aps, it lasted a day!

Can I return it for a refund? 
  • CraigEntwistleCraigEntwistle Posts: 47Member
    Steve said:
    I fully concur. I also have the original, with plans to give it to my wife, but this Pebble Steel ordering is getting just ridiculous. My cancellation will be close behind that one week mark. This is no longer a Kickstarter Campaign, but they are treating it as such.  Perhaps I'll re-purpose my funds to the Kreyos. I could buy 2 of them, and likely get them ahead of this. I truly don't understand why this company has such horrible transparency and communication issues. This truly feels like a no brainer to me.

The Kreyos has a similar user experience, tons of cancelations.
    I told you that you wouldn't know I was here. Ha. Much love Jason.
  • CraigEntwistleCraigEntwistle Posts: 47Member
    As an original kick starter backer I am so disappointed that they have not learnt from their mistakes.

I have sold my pebble and feel much better for it. It is over a year since it arrived and only now are some of the promises being kept.

Can't help but be disappointed. Then again, I ended up profiting from the sale as I sold the third watch unopened after 2 rma's.

Truly they don't deserve such loyal and sycophantic fans,  to be fair, most deserve what they have, a third rate product which will be consigned to a footnote in smartwatch history, albeit an important one.

I'm done. Sayonara.

I told you that you wouldn't know I was here. Ha. Much love Jason.
  • Suzanne SchillerSuzanne Schiller Posts: 1,362Moderator
    Steve said:
    I fully concur. I also have the original, with plans to give it to my wife, but this Pebble Steel ordering is getting just ridiculous. My cancellation will be close behind that one week mark. This is no longer a Kickstarter Campaign, but they are treating it as such.  Perhaps I'll re-purpose my funds to the Kreyos. I could buy 2 of them, and likely get them ahead of this. I truly don't understand why this company has such horrible transparency and communication issues. This truly feels like a no brainer to me.

Yeah, I wouldn't be holding my breath for a Kreyos right now.
    Forum Moderator

Brushed Stainless Steel running custom pebblebits 2.4.1
    Kickstarter White running custom pebblebits 2.4.1
    Non-Jailbroken iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Non-tech-savvy early adopter who can't code, in awe of the devs

• Terry02Terry02 Posts: 5Member
    Received my RMA # very quickly, and my Steel is already in the box and at the post office. Will see how long it takes to get my CC refund.
    Since I have a Note 3, I think I will wait for Samsung's next watch due out soon.
    Terry said:
    I wish I had cancelled mine. 
    After a few days with my steel, I am not impressed.
    build quality is sloppy. the buttons do not line up. The middle button, the most important, loves to double push, activating the music player.
    yesterday, a new symptom started, the backlight would get "stuck" on, and I have to go play with settings to get it to go back to sleep.
    The battery life is no where near the week that was promised. After stripping out every app but notify, I am getting 2 days tops.
    When I was running a couple of aps, it lasted a day!

Can I return it for a refund? 

• PolarisedPolarised Posts: 80Member
    I was so thrilled with my new white "plastic" pebble and the reviews of the new pebble steel that I almost clicked "buy".

I am glad I didn't as even though I am still thrilled with the functionality of the watch. I love how the notifications come in and I don't miss an important phone call or message - but can disregard the ones that are unimportant. The white one also has an extremely comfortable strap and is light I hardly notice its there.

I stopped wearing  "posh wind up" watches a few years ago keeping these for more salubrious occasions only and then moved to a (white) Casio G Shock that didn't need winding :)

Now I have a much more useful replacement that is both comfortable to wear, accurate and is truly smart.

Frustrations? Learning how to use the thing and the associated apps  Luckily I bought mine after the 2.0 firmware and app upgrade so it wasn't that bad.

I am sure Pebble will sort its Customer service and supply chain out and get their orders out more efficiently. They deserve success. Maybe Facebook will buy them  for a few billion.:)

• auriconisauriconis Posts: 250Member
    @Polarised, I agree with you on every point except Facebook.  If they buy Pebble, I'm out!
    Auriconis said:
    @Polarised, I agree with you on every point except Facebook.  If they buy Pebble, I'm out!
    Google then? :):) Apple might stop Android compatability!
  • DonaldWongDonaldWong Posts: 100Member
    Auriconis said:
    As someone who works for Facebook, I take offense to that. :)
  • SteveSteve Posts: 24Member
    Steve said:

You're right, however their shipping dates are close by.....atleast they're telling me something positive. When's the last time someone heard Pebble address any issues they've had aloud?
  • DonaldWongDonaldWong Posts: 100Member
    No but I know the person responsible for it. :p
  • Daryl MarchantDaryl Marchant Posts: 10Member
    I received my black steel Pebble the end of February. The vibrate motor was DOA. I returned it. The USPS mailing label they provided was invalid according to the U.S. Post Office so I had to pay for the return shipping. Pebble has had my returned watch for weeks and has never replaced it or given me a refund. I'm over this company.  Oh, and they said they had troubling shipping steel watches to Germany and wanted to know if I had another address in Europe they could ship to. Hello? I live in Florida.