[FIXED!] Pebble iOS App v2.1 from 31 March = Crashing

JosephJoseph Posts: 567Administrator admin
edited April 2014 in Support

***Tue, 1-Apr***
1200 ET: Apple has responded and has begun reviewing our 2.1.1 iOS app update. No ETA yet on turnaround, but we hope it's a quick one.

***Mon, 31-Mar***
1930 ET: An update to the iOS Pebble app (v.2.1.1) was developed earlier this evening. This update fixes the crashing issue experienced in 2.1, and we've requested an expedited review for this submission. We hope to make this fix available as soon as possible.
1830 ET: Since it requires use of the Pebble app, the next round of Pebble App Challenge voting—narrowing down our 16 finalists—has been postponed. We will update the voting schedule after the iOS Pebble app issue has been resolved.
1615 ET: For an email notification when the Pebble app for iOS issues have been resolved, sign up here »
1530 ET: We have temporarily hidden the Pebble iOS app from the iTunes Store while we take time to resolve the issues with the v2.1 update.

At this time, Pebble does not recommend updating to version 2.1 of the Pebble for iOS app, which was released today. A critical issue was detected in the application that prevents it from working. This will affect connecting, loading, and managing your Pebble from the application. Your Pebble will continue to work as usual, and in general existing notification settings should continue to operate.

This is a temporary issue, and the Pebble team is working diligently to make an update as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Many iOS users have their devices set to automatically update their apps in the background. If this setting is on, it will cause your Pebble iOS app to be updated to version 2.1, which is currently having issues. 

To prevent your iOS device from automatically updating apps:
Navigate to Settings » iTunes & App Store » toggle Updates OFF in "Automatic Downloads."

We'll keep you posted with any news and fixes as they come.
Post edited by Joseph on

Joseph Kristoffer | Community Manager | getpebble.com | @Pebble
•••
Pebble Help and FAQs » | Suggestions and Ideas » | Contact Pebble »

·

Comments

• Jorge03Jorge03 Posts: 4Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi!

I have an iPhone 5S (7.0.5) with app version 2.0.1 (prior 2.0, and prior 2.0 BETA 10). My Pebble has 2.0.1 firmware.

My problem is when I open the app it crash. I can do the first steps but after requesting access to GPS the application crash. Now in screen with two buttons "start" and "buy now" when I press "Start" the app crash to springboard.

I triend reset the Pebble, install and Uninstall app, remove data in iCloud and login with different account.

Help please my Pebble is useless now.

Post edited by Suzanne Schiller on
    ·
  • Ilan LevIlan Lev Posts: 1,218Member Regular
    edited March 2014
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/12/18/ios-7-0-4-springboard-crashes-increasing/

p.s There is a huge iOS 7 security risk regarding SSL which has been fixed in iOS 7.0.6.  Update your iPhone.
    Post edited by Ilan Lev on
    ·
  • TimvanToorTimvanToor Posts: 1Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi guys, I'm having problems with my pebble app on ios. It keeps crashing when I try to set up my pebble watch. I've tried reinstalling the app and do a factory reset on my watch. But nothing fixes it. I am running ios 7.0.6 and the latest version of both the app and the firmware. Also my iPhone is jailbroken, but that hasn't been a problem in the past. I hope someone here kan help me
    Post edited by TimvanToor on
    ·
  • TimvanToorTimvanToor Posts: 1Member
    I run 7.0.6 and I have the same problem. Can't use my pebble at all now
    ·
  • Ilan LevIlan Lev Posts: 1,218Member Regular
    I run 7.0.6 and I have the same problem. Can't use my pebble at all now

With jailbreaking iOS there is always the risk of apps incompatibility.
    ·
  • Jorge03Jorge03 Posts: 4Member
    I found the problem!!!

I also have the iPhone with jailbreak. I have installed Eclipse, and that's the problem.

The solution is add Pebble app to Eclipse whitelist.
    ·
  • BilalAliBilalAli Posts: 1Member
    @Jorge
    you are a legend! it was driving me mad!
    ·
  • EgrodoEgrodo Posts: 1Member
    Jorge03 said:
    I found the problem!!!

I also have the iPhone with jailbreak. I have installed Eclipse, and that's the problem.

The solution is add Pebble app to Eclipse whitelist.
    Wow.. You are a lifesaver. I got my Pebble today and tried to pair it with the app. I was pretty displeased when it crashed during the update phase, and could not find a solution whatsoever. I would've never guessed this. Thanks!
    ·
  • JoeSearleJoeSearle Posts: 14Member
    edited March 2014
    I just downloaded the Pebble app update on my iPhone 5s that came out today, and now I can't open the pebble app. As soon as I opened it it crashes. Anyone else having this problem?
    ·
    edited March 2014
    This discussion has been merged.
    ·
    It's iOS version 2.1 that came out today.
    ·
  • JoeyvanWilpenJoeyvanWilpen Posts: 5Member
    edited March 2014
    So, i had an update for the Pebble App (2.1), in the App Store,
    And when i start the app its crashing....
    So i can't use my pebble now !

Already tried
    - Reinstalling
    - Rebooting
    - Remove bluetooth devices

I have iOS 7.1 on my iPhone 5S, and my pebble is up to date, now the app on my iPhone is crashing i can't use my pebble.

Please any help  ?!?!?
    ·
  • JoeyvanWilpenJoeyvanWilpen Posts: 5Member
    edited March 2014
    ·
  • IanMegrawIanMegraw Posts: 19Member Pebbler
    Same here. I tried deleting it and installing again and same issue.
    ·
  • IanMegrawIanMegraw Posts: 19Member Pebbler
    Same issue on iPhone 5
    ·
  • Ryan08Ryan08 Posts: 2Member Pebbler
    Same here on 5S
    ·
  • Ryan08Ryan08 Posts: 2Member Pebbler
    Same here on 5S
    ·
  • rafaeldiasfmelorafaeldiasfmelo Posts: 1Member
    same here, tried disconect watch, delete app, reinstal. app crash soon as open. on iphone 5
    ·
  • JordanRudermanJordanRuderman Posts: 0Member
    edited March 2014
    iOS Pebble App 2.1 Crashes on Launch - I saw there was an update and updated through the Apple App Store.

iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1

I just updated the iOS Pebble app to v2.1 on my iPhone and each time I open the app, it crashes.

After discovery of the crash, I deleted the app and re-installed it.  App still crashes.  I killed all applications, rebooted, and the app continues to crash.

Not a good user experience.
    ·
    edited March 2014
    ·
    edited March 2014
    ·
  • EddieClarkeEddieClarke Posts: 2Member
    Same here. Re-install doesn't work either or disconnecting bluetooth. App must be bugged!
    ·
  • PatrickBalestraPatrickBalestra Posts: 201Member, PDR14 Regular
    Same here, already contacted one of the iOS dev at Pebble and they're looking into it.
    17 years old - Switzerland - iOS Developer  - http://www.twitter.com/BalestraPatrickhttp://www.patrickbalestra.com
                Super Watchface                           Pebble Notes                                 Translator
    image  image  image
    ·
  • ChrisHale01ChrisHale01 Posts: 1Member
    Appears to be when the application tries to do bluetooth stuff.

I unpaired the watch, and it made it as far as when it would go looking for the watch to pair.
    ·
  • SimonCoxSimonCox Posts: 28Member
    Same problem here too - also iPhone 5S if that makes a difference (64GB) with a pebble steel (also have a kickstarter pebble but that one isn't with me at the moment).
    ·
    I tried to find how to contact Pebble about this and their site says to do it through the app. We'll, that's not going to work...
    ·
  • AdamVazquezAdamVazquez Posts: 39Member Pebbler
    Same here. Not a good thing. How about some beta testing before this turns into a real clusterf***k?
    A lot of people with Pebbles don't need or want a MicroSoft expierence
    ·
  • MelvynBannermanMelvynBannerman Posts: 6Member
    I get thes same just crashes. I have noticed if I turn the watch off the app stays open but as soon as you turn the watch back on it crashes again.
    ·
  • AdamVazquezAdamVazquez Posts: 39Member Pebbler
    Wish there are a obvious easy way to get the old app back on iOS without resorting to iTunes

Apple 5s iOS 7.1
    ·
  • BruseBruse Posts: 10Member Pebbler
    Same here on iPhone 4S iOS 7.1

Tried to uninstall and reinstall, same problem. Lucky me have 2.0.2 in iTunes, so I can install that version and it works.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.