Notifications not working on Galaxy S3

godfreapgodfreap Posts: 11Member
edited February 2013 in Support
Hello-
Just got my Pebble yesterday, and I'm excited, but I am having some problems.
I have the accessibility service enabled, and I turned off the annoying TTS bug, but I am not getting any texting notifications.

I use GO SMS, not the stock texting app. Will this prevent me from receiving any notifications? If so, how can this be fixed without using the default app?

If this isn't resolved at the moment, will it? Seems like kind of a huge oversight, since so many people ditch stock apps.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on
·

Comments

• triefytriefy Posts: 10Member
    edited February 2013
    I have an S3 & use GoSMS as well. I don't believe GoSMS works with it. Someone mentioned another texting app that works fine but I can't find the name or where it was mentioned on the forums.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Handcent is the other SMS app that supposedly works with text notifications showing up on your Pebble.

I emailed Pebble support. Hopefully, the more people email them, the more the visibility. GoSMS is a very popular replacement SMS app.
    ·
  • msorenmsoren Posts: 1Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm having this same problem - Samsung Galaxy S3. I use Handscent but have also activated the stock app and made sure all of my accessibility settings are on.
    ·
  • MisterEffMisterEff Posts: 133Member
    edited February 2013
    If a 3rd party messenger is not working you can always set up a tasker profile to send over the text messages.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Have any Tasker profile suggestions with this? I'm new to Tasker.
    ·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member
    edited February 2013
    Look at the exemple give by developer of "Pebble Notifier" and choose the name of your app in place of nothing.
    ·
  • godfreapgodfreap Posts: 11Member
    edited February 2013
    Having to pay $7 for an app I need for one instance on top of a $150 that was supposed to already take care of this is a hard pill to swallow. I know it's only $7, but still...
    ·
  • EricEric Posts: 284Administrator
    edited February 2013
    > Having to pay $7 for an app I need for one instance on top of a $150 that was supposed to already take care of this is a hard pill to swallow. I know it's only $7, but still...

Unfortunately we are not able at this time to offer support for each individual Android SMS or IM app. Working on further notification support! We're still working on delivering everything on our Kickstarter page, as soon as we're done that we'll move on.
    Eric Migicovsky | Team Pebble | getpebble.com | @Pebble
    •••
    ·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member
    edited February 2013
    > Having to pay $7 for an app I need for one instance on top of a $150 that was supposed to already take care of this is a hard pill to swallow. I know it's only $7, but still...

Tasker can solve tempory problem on notification until the team made update.

Tasker can also be used for app where notification are not managed by Pebble App, like Astrid for example or many other....

Otherwise you can wait for correction but nobody can say if the hundred app for smartphone can works with the Pebble App. You can't say if Go SMS works correctly on your smartphone.

I have no problem with Handcent on my Galaxy S but msoren have problem with is S3....

·
  • godfreapgodfreap Posts: 11Member
    edited February 2013

>
    > Unfortunately we are not able at this time to offer support for each individual Android SMS or IM app. Working on further notification support! We're still working on delivering everything on our Kickstarter page, as soon as we're done that we'll move on.

Thanks for the response!
    ·
    edited February 2013
    I paid $7 for Tasker and while it is kind of annoying that this feature didn't work with my 3rd party SMS app, you have to understand...it's a 3rd party SMS app. Granted, GoSMS is one of the best and most used SMS apps used on Android, I can't really fault the Pebble team for this.

Plus, look at it this way, Tasker is a very powerful app that will open your Android up to do some really cool stuff.
    ·
  • ScottEFaustScottEFaust Posts: 1Member
    Pebble notifier works like a charm for Handcent and Kik messenger!

·
  • RobFiskRobFisk Posts: 17Member
    Is there a link on how to set this up with Tasker? I've not had it long and am still working it all out.
    ·
  • RobFiskRobFisk Posts: 17Member
    I was just about to post that as I have had my first successful test using that app. Using Tasker would still be a good learning exercise for me of course since you can trigger it with anything.

Next step. Figure out how to subscribe to replies to forum topics as navigation and search seem less optimal than other forums.
    ·
  • LooseunitLooseunit Posts: 28Member
    whacko said:
    If people are having a hard time getting notifications from 3rd party message app on Android, they can use the free Pebble Notifier app to forward notifications from practically any installed app to your Pebble.
    So much so, my Pebble connected to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 running 4.1.2 and Pebble Notifier told me that: "UI: Smart stay cannot detect your eyes" because I wasn't looking at the screen! Sorry, but that's just exciting! 
    • Samsung Galaxy S4 (4.2.2) + Galaxy Tab 7.7 (4. 1.2) + Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (4.1.2)
    • Pebbles: 3xBlack  1xRed 1xOrange - ALL DELIVERED 
    • BT: Motorola T505 handsfree, Motorola S9-HD headset, Blueant T1 headset, Celluon IR keyboard, Polar HRM, PLX OBDII vehicle adapter (I think I like wireless things...)
    ·
  • WalterQuinnWalterQuinn Posts: 173Member
    I don't use Go SMS anymore but as I was going through settings in Augmented Smartwatch I noticed it has a GoSMS/ChompSMS setting.
    Samsung Stratosphere (Android 2.3) Rooted - Black Pebble
    BT connected Prius, BT Soundbar, BT Stereo Headset
    Primary Work Environment (Win 7) - Secondary Work Environment (Ubuntu 12.04)
    Acer Tab A500 (rooted and running several custom ROMS) 
    ·
  • nk2261nk2261 Posts: 7Member Pebbler
    In Go SMS settings go to other setting then uncheck "Disable other message notification" then make sure the stock messaging app has it notifactions turned off. That worked for me at least
    ·