Multiple pebbles/devices?

afungafung Posts: 4Member
edited April 2012 in Support
Is it supported to pair one pebble to multiple devices or pair multiple pebbles to a single device?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on
·

Comments

• afungafung Posts: 4Member
    edited April 2012
    Example, I have an iPhone and an iPod touch.
    Is it possible to pair Pebble to both iOS devices? So that I can get notified when new emails are pushed to my iPhone and control music player on my iPod touch.
    ·
  • Chris22Chris22 Posts: 7Member
    edited April 2012
    At the moment we're not planning to support pairing multiple devices to a Pebble simultaneously.
    ·
  • afungafung Posts: 4Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks!
    ·
  • jsjamesjsjames Posts: 1Member
    edited April 2012
    That's a real bummer, i have an iPhone for work and an Android personal phone and was hoping I could have them both paired at the same time like I do with my Bluetooth headset.
    Any chance that will be added? Can it be added via software or would I need to buy the second Gen phone?
    ·
  • astraussastrauss Posts: 5Member
    edited April 2012
    Quote: "At the moment we're not planning to support pairing multiple devices to a Pebble simultaneously."

Will the inverse be supported. Connect BT hadsfree kit and Pebble to iPhone at the same time?
    ·
  • MatthewMatthew Posts: 16Member
    edited April 2012
    That's up to your phone, not pebble.
    ·
  • EricEric Posts: 5Member
    edited April 2012
    @astrauss: yes, we are designing Pebble to connect to your iPhone at the same time as a Bluetooth headset. Obviously there are thousand of different Bluetooth headsets, car kits etc and there may be some issues with certain models but we're aiming to be Bluetooth compliant in this respect.
    ·
  • muzikfreakahmuzikfreakah Posts: 1Member
    edited April 2012
    @astrauss: yes, we are designing Pebble to connect to your iPhone at the same time as a Bluetooth headset. Obviously there are thousand of different Bluetooth headsets, car kits etc and there may be some issues with certain models but we're aiming to be Bluetooth compliant in this respect.

This answeres my unposted question. Thanks! :-)
    ·
  • willielcwillielc Posts: 3Member
    edited April 2012
    > @astrauss: yes, we are designing Pebble to connect to your iPhone at the same time as a Bluetooth headset. Obviously there are thousand of different Bluetooth headsets, car kits etc and there may be some issues with certain models but we're aiming to be Bluetooth compliant in this respect.

I apologize for my ignorance about techs - but I have an HTC Amaze which is BT 3.0, and Jaybird headset which is BT2.1+EDR. So does this mean than I can use the Jaybird headset and the Pebble connected to my HTC amaze at the same time?
    ·
  • danschdansch Posts: 4Member
    edited April 2012
    I would like to use my Pebble whilst running. Can the Pebble work with the phone, bluetooth headset, and wireless heart rate monitor all at once? Or would the phone need to communicate with the heart rate monitor?

I would also like to swim with the watch and hope that it can connect to a heart rate monitor while doing so. Obviously, I do not think that connecting to the phone will be possible while swimming, and so bluetooth headphones are also likely out of the question.

Can anyone address whether or not the above situations would both be supported? Thanks!
    ·
  • pzboyzpzboyz Posts: 87Member
    edited April 2012
    > At the moment we're not planning to support pairing multiple devices to a Pebble simultaneously.

OK, to be clear, please make it so that Pebble stores the link key information for more than one device, so that devices which I frequently use with the Pebble request a connection the user does not need to go through the whole search/pairing process.

It is fine if the Pebble just tries to reconnect to the most recently used device and does nothing else.
    ·
  • earlyadopterearlyadopter Posts: 14Member
    edited April 2012
    > or pair multiple pebbles to a single device?

I don't think this part has been answered and I'm thinking it might be really important.

The pebble has an accelerometer for gesture support. Imagine what you could do with one on each wrist. I'm reminded of http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1994-10-12/

·
  • Michael31Michael31 Posts: 1Member
    I already have a white Pebble and want to order a steel Pebble for work, will both work on my iPhone?
    ·