What are all the apps that currently work with the pebble watch

toadenktoadenk Posts: 2Member
edited March 2013 in Support
I'm wondering what apps currently work with pebble, and can someone keep an up-to-date list? that is if there isn't one already
Post edited by CaffeineJunkie on

Comments

• bubbazanettibubbazanetti Posts: 13Member
    edited February 2013
    According to the Pebble settings on my Android phone...

Incoming Calls
    SMS Messages
    Calendar reminders
    Email notifications
    Google Talk messages
    Google Voice messages
    Facebook messages
    WhatsApp messages (whatever that is, not installed)

I am only using the default HTC Android apps for the above things.
  • thefoxinaterthefoxinater Posts: 21Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm on iPhone 5 running most up to date software and getting the following notifications:-

Incoming calls (bit hit and miss though with caller ID, names not always coming up), Texts, iMessages, E-mails, Facebook notifications, Calendar notifications & Whatsapp messages.

That's the only stuff that's flashed up on my pebble so far.
    iPhone 5 - 6.1.4, Black Kickstarter Pebble - 1.11.0, iMac    RunKeeper - 3.3.1 & Polar HRM H7
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member
    edited March 2013
    This is not reliable. It receives notifications often but not all the time. Many notifications are lost.

Basically there is almost nothing except time that works correctly. If there was not the 3rd program "Pebble Notifier" Pebble would be virtually unusable state. This program is an independent developer that saves the system.
  • kisritakisrita Posts: 104Member Pebbler
    edited March 2013
    > I'm wondering what apps currently work with pebble, and can someone keep an up-to-date list?
    >
    > that is if there isn't one already

Wrong forum. Ask in the support forum. This topic doesn't belong under "News".

The answer to your question is different depending on using IOS or Android, and whether you use the official Pebble app, or one of several other apps available on Google Play.
    edited March 2013
    whacko said:
    dersie said:
    This is not reliable. It receives notifications often but not all the time. Many notifications are lost. Basically there is almost nothing except time that works correctly. If there was not the 3rd program "Pebble Notifier" Pebble would be virtually unusable state. This program is an independent developer that saves the system.
    This isn't true. I have a Pebble and use it with Android and notifications for calls, emails, sms, etc all work perfectly fine without the Pebble app. Also, I can control practically any music player I have installed on my Android phone. These account for the majority of features that the Pebble team specified in the Kickstarter campaign. The only thing missing is Runkeeper app support.
    It's not true, there are others users wich have the same issue on this forum, so when you say "isn't true" this is false. I don't know why you say that ? is true for music and for email, is true for the serie of notification, more than one notification at same time and Pebble show only the last, so you must take your phone if you would know if is important or no, the Pebble can't help you, so for this moment is not reliable, it just for fun.  your case is not a generality for all other users.

At the moment on the market numerous SmartWatch, the pebble is the least accomplished.

The Pebble try to do what the Sony SmartWatch is but I think it will take a lot of months before you get there. All that is required to Pebble is actually what is on the Sony : GPS turn by Turn, sport, stack notification, weather, stopwatch, timer ......
    Post edited by dersie on
  • DarrenADarrenA Posts: 1Member
    What running apps work with IOS 6.1?
  • eidoloneidolon Posts: 259Member
    Darren A said:
    Search 

Lots. But none run in conjunction with the Pebble as of now no matter what OS you use...
    seeya
    eidolon
    iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken
  • bubbazanettibubbazanetti Posts: 13Member
    dersie said:
    . Basically there is almost nothing except time that works correctly. If there was not the 3rd program "Pebble Notifier" Pebble would be virtually unusable state. 

Those claims are incorrect. I only have the default Pebble app running on my android phone, and everything that I use (incoming calls with ID, Text messages, Facebook messages) works just fine.
    Yeah, we found the only one who have a working Pebble...

Mine seems to work fine... strangeness once in a while but a restart fixes that... so that is three that work.
    seeya
    eidolon
    Make that four. 

Mine also works fine with the official Pebble app. No strangeness I can think of. 

Official Pebble app provides me with caller ID, email, SMS, instant messaging(gTalk), calendar reminders, voicemail(Gvoice), Facebook, music and/or tts control. I have no idea about WhatsApp, I don't use it. 

In addition to these, I also have Pebble Notifier installed for Google Now notifications such as traffic and ETA to home/work, navigation, and weather warning (though I have snow forecasts sent through IFTTT to SMS using the default Pebble app) and for whatever future apps I might install on my phone.

• MysticWhiteDragonMysticWhiteDragon Posts: 75Member
    I had to install BTNotificationEnhancer to get anything but Caller ID, SMS, Music to work.  It works great but now I'm wondering if there is a way to allow more of the message to be displayed on the pebble rather than just a clip of the text?  My iPhone 5 is JailBroken and was wondering if this could be done via a plist modification or something else?  I really would love to have longer messages from messenger rather that seeing I have a message and then going to my iPhone to read it.
  • fluidjfluidj Posts: 2Member
    edited March 2013
    Make that four. 

In addition to these, I also have Pebble Notifier installed for Google Now notifications such as traffic and ETA to home/work, navigation, and weather warning (though I have snow forecasts sent through IFTTT to SMS using the default Pebble app) and for whatever future apps I might install on my phone.
    What app should be checked in order to allow for Google Now notifications to be sent?
    Post edited by fluidj on
    whacko said:
    fluidj said:
    What app should be checked in order to allow for Google Now notifications to be sent?
    Search (square blue icon with lower case g)
    Thanks wacko, I wouldn't have been able to answer that even after scrolling through my list of what's enabled.... I am using the exlude list of Pebble Notifier and over the initial week or so excluded the apps I didn't want notifications from (or didn't want double notifications from because the app is also enabled in the official Pebble app.) Occasionally I still may get new unwanted notifications, and I just uncheck the app if I don't want it. I'd rather deal with the extra hassle of unchecking apps I don't want to notify me so I know what options I have. 
    eidolon said:
    Darren A said:
    Search 

Lots. But none run in conjunction with the Pebble as of now no matter what OS you use...
    Saeran  How is this off topic? or are you just going thru and disagreeing with everyone here in this thread??
    seeya
    eidolon
  • kapkap Posts: 1Member
    I have no problems with the pebble app on galaxy note 2. No missed notifications. I am also using light flow and augmented smartwatch pro app. With augmented smartwatch pro you can get google now notifications, weather notifications and navigation directions on the phone. It is kinda cool!