Android (Bluetooth) pairing Issues

FistingproFistingpro Posts: 3Member
edited March 2013 in Support
I have been trying to pair my Pebble watch w/ my HTC One S and have been unable to locate the pebble in available devices in the Bluetooth menu. I am running OS 4.1.1, kernel 3.4. 10- g240d4d5.

I have followed the pairing instructions, altered the accessibility settings, followed the android pairing trouble shooting walk through, reset the pebble's factory settings, reset and erased data on the HTC One S to factory settings, force stopped the pebble app, uninstalled the pebble app, unpaired all other devices in the Bluetooth, restarted the HTC One S and Pebble watch and have not been able to Bluetooth connect or even see the pebble device in the Bluetooth menu.

I decided to try the watch with my iPhone 5, and I had it paired in less than 30 seconds.
So I uninstalled the pebble from iPhone, unpaired from Bluetooth, and reset the pebble to factory settings. I then followed the steps listed in the paragraph above, and was unable to pair or locate the pebble with the HTC One S.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Or know how to resolve it?

Thank you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FistingproFistingpro Posts: 3Member
    edited March 2013
    Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? I guess, I will have to go back to using my Sony Smartwatch until someone at Pebble gets bored of playing in the mountains of cash and decide's to start providing actual support, and not just a computer generated email with a FAQ list.

Pebble hire some more support staff; your current support program is in disrepair, response times to customers and backers need to brought down. Your delayed response times will bring down your companies competitiveness in this mobile peripheral market that is about to be saturated with two of the biggest dogs in the industry apple's iwatch, and google glass.

I really hope you guys can get it together over there quickly, before pebble goes the way of the Zune.
  • DanielPadillaDanielPadilla Posts: 1Member
    I have the HTC One S and am having the same issue as Fistingpro. Please advise. Daniel
    dpadilla@hotmail.com
    303-359-2631
  • DavidLynchDavidLynch Posts: 2Member
    I have the Sprint HTC LTEVO (the One S re-branded) and am having no luck pairing at all. Have you gotten anywhere? I was ready to be excited about FINALLY getting one (*ONLY ONE) of the TWO I ordered on DAY ONE but now I am just furious. Where are you, support?
  • pzboyzpzboyz Posts: 87Member
    Are these problems using the Pebble application to do the pairing? If so, stop that, goto the Phones menu for this, see Settings>Bluetooth, and select Scan for Devices, a small blank line will soon appear, this is the Pebble, but for some reason it does not show the Pebble name. Tap this line, and confirm the 6 digit passkey is shown on both devices.
  • DavidLynchDavidLynch Posts: 2Member
    you are awesome, that worked.
    pzboyz said:
    Are these problems using the Pebble application to do the pairing? If so, stop that, goto the Phones menu for this, see Settings>Bluetooth, and select Scan for Devices, a small blank line will soon appear, this is the Pebble, but for some reason it does not show the Pebble name. Tap this line, and confirm the 6 digit passkey is shown on both devices.

• Mike01Mike01 Posts: 1Member
    My Nokia N8 won't pair with the pebble. My galaxy tab2 has no problems pairing up. So has someone the solution for this problem?

Mike