pre-orders date

marcoPonacoBombardiemarcoPonacoBombardie Posts: 2Member
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Are you still confirming 18/03/13 as per shipping date to Italy per preorders?
Post edited by CaffeineJunkie on

Comments

• ChuckyChucky Posts: 221Member
    edited March 2013
    Preorders are not shipping until April/May as per the FAQ: http://help.getpebble.com/customer/portal/articles/1008241-top-pre-order-faq#ETA

They have just reached the half way mark with Kickstarter orders after 6 weeks, and if anything could be slowing down due to one mould being used for colour production, so it will be 6-8 weeks for the kickstarter orders to finish and then onto the pre-orders.

Your location has nothing to do with it.
    Post edited by Chucky on

• PietroMontorfanoPietroMontorfano Posts: 19Member
    i don't think so, i'll really love that confirmation (i'm italian backer) but according to www.ispebbleshipping.com it will take some time. Consider that the orange line must reach the 85k to end the backer watches, after that the preorder ones will start shipping. Considering that there are 8 days left for your deadline i think it will be impossible to send the watches for that date.
    A more reasonable date can be at the beginning of may (01/05/2013), but also there you have to consider that they will probably start to build the preorder watches and start shipping them in the order that the preorder orders was received....

Ciao! :D
  • PhilipProntoPhilipPronto Posts: 6Member
    On looking at the KickStarter site the actual number of backers is 68,929: not the 85,000 that keeps being quoted. On my order summary page it says, 'We estimate that we will begin shipping Pebbles to pre-order customers on March 18th, 2013.' I'm forever the optimist.
  • SaeranSaeran Posts: 406Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't think they'd dare do that.  Saying that Kickstarter isn't a store, the Pebble website kinda is.
    Post edited by Joseph on
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) • Kickstarter Edition Black Pebble • GadgetWraps Screen Protector • @saeranm on Twitter • saeran.com
  • pikingpiking Posts: 151Member

On looking at the KickStarter site the actual number of backers is 68,929: not the 85,000 that keeps being quoted. On my order summary page it says, 'We estimate that we will begin shipping Pebbles to pre-order customers on March 18th, 2013.'
    I'm forever the optimist.

@PhilipPronto 68,929 is number of backers and 85,000 is number of Pebbles for backers(some backers pledged multple Pebbles).

For pre-order date, I have same thought as others above. I guess there will be delay of 1-2 months. Hopefully, Eric can give us a substantive update this week and then we can have better estimation.
  • OUCH!!! How can we have some officila...infos?
  • vuna209vuna209 Posts: 14Member
    It's 18th march anh there's no new information about the progress. I also think that pre-order customer have to wait at least to Jun to receive the pebble. And the black pebbles will be shipped first, other colors have to wait for more 1-2 month (in Aug or Sep) :-<
    What a suprise!!! Yesterday, I saw in my account page on pebble there are 234 pebbles left in the current batch. But today, this number increases to 559. In only 1 day, there are more than 300 people make the refund.
  • Jose_LuisJose_Luis Posts: 262Member
    edited March 2013

Count reached yesterday 222, but yes, now is over 550. Weird.

EDIT: now it´s changed again to 219. So, maybe that 500+ figure was some kind of mistake.

Post edited by Jose_Luis on

iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.6 Jailbreak)

• PeterKPeterK Posts: 28Member
    Well there are at least two types of pre-order too - all the "public" information on the website about when a pre order will ship is obviously for new pre orders...

Those of us who have already paid, confirmed addresses etc..we're not sure.

We just need an official announcement but I presume they don't want to do that since they know that will mean another few thousand cancellations when its revealed that their customers have been misled just as much as their investors :(

Fair behavior should be waiting the shippment of all black pebbles preordered til all the KS pebbles were shipped.

But let´s see how the company deals with this preorder "problem" if they continue producing black pebbles.

As said in another thread, maybe they are considering "early preorderers" as "late backers", which wouldn´t be fair to the "real backers".

Fair behavior should be waiting the shippment of all black pebbles preordered til all the KS pebbles were shipped.

But let´s see how the company deals with this preorder "problem" if they continue producing black pebbles.

As said in another thread, maybe they are considering "early preorderers" as "late backers", which wouldn´t be fair to the "real backers".

To be honost I disagree.  If they have finished making the Kickstarter black pebbles I don't have a problem with them moving on to pre-orders.  What's the point making the watches and then just keeping them just so they can finish kickstarter backers first.  They should definitely finish black kickstarter backers before moving onto black pre-orders but once they finish black kickstart I don't mind them going on to black pre-orders whilst kickstarter colours are still going.
    I should point out I am a kickstarter backer.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) • Kickstarter Edition Black Pebble • GadgetWraps Screen Protector • @saeranm on Twitter • saeran.com
    edited March 2013

I´m sure that coloured backers prefer that the black mold machine stops and start making whites or greys or oranges than blacks for preorders.

And maybe that should be the way to act. But maybe also that would mean losing money as a Company.

And yes, I´m a preorderer that already paid.

Post edited by Jose_Luis on

edited March 2013

I´m sure that coloured backers prefer that the black mold machine stops and start making whites or greys or oranges than blacks for preorders.

And maybe that should be the way to act. But maybe also that would mean losing money as a Company.  Greatest good for the greatest number.

And yes, I´m a preorderer that already paid.

I don't know exactly how it works but it looks like cleaning the machines and switching colours all the time is a big process, so I'm not sure if they'll do that.  
    Personally I think they should churn out as many watches as they can, even if it means moving on to black preorders before colour backers are finished.
    Post edited by Saeran on
    I am a pre-order at the first batch and I've already paid too. They sent me the link to fill the shipping address in Feb. About one month ago, I did confirmed the email verification and haven't received any more information about the shipping date until now. Hope that we will receive the black pebbles before coloured pebble backers. It's such a long time waitting.

So, if you´ve been prompted to confirm your address, you should have in your account the 4 steps.

Which one are you in?

Thank you.

So, if you´ve been prompted to confirm your address, you should have in your account the 4 steps.

Which one are you in?

Thank you.

I'm assuming he/she is on step 3. No watches have been shipped to preorder customers yet.

• RebusRebus Posts: 298Member
    Saeren, You have your Pebble. So why would you be bothered, what if the shoe was on the other foot ?

What about all these people who backed from day one that are still waiting on Coloured Pebbles ? 

I think the right thing to do is ensure that KS backers are rewarded in the quickest possible time. Forget about profits its the ethical thing to do.

If however Pebble find out that by the time they have finished all the KS Black rewards that the coloured units are also finished and there would be no gain to KS backers by switching both machines to Colours then so be it. But IMO pre-order manufacturing should not start until all KS backers rewards have been satisfied. 
  • bbk3ebbk3e Posts: 169Member
    I agree with @Rebus - inevitably, they are going to have to change the colors - (from Black to Red to Grey to White to Orange - or whatever order), so why change only one run at a time?

Someone with knowledge of the actual quantities of each color (not me) would have to determine effort vs. gain in switching both runs.
    Galaxy S3 (Android 4.1.2); Black Pebble - KS Backer
    Whatever how long it takes. I just need the offical information about the shipping date because we don't know how long we have to wait, it looks like forever :-<
  • BrynjarStefanssonBrynjarStefansson Posts: 1Member
    I agree, if there are obvious delays on the pre-orders, the correct thing would be to update the information on our account page to reflect those delays, instead of still displaying March 18th as estimated shipping date.

• Comediante72Comediante72 Posts: 38Member
    I wonder if there is some coloured preorder already paid, or if paid preorders are only for black watches.
  • NguyenAnhVuNguyenAnhVu Posts: 11Member
    You still can paid for the colored order too but I think you will have to wait longer than black orders. I chose black order and I think that if I want to change its color, I could buy some gadget to stick on the watch's border :D
  • AlexpebbleAlexpebble Posts: 17Member
    edited March 2013
    Is it only black being produced? It is almost back to Ford T-model.

I do not mind they are late, that happens with start-up. I had the same with the NotionInk Adam tablet. Great promise of tablet readible in sun light.
    But I do mind if it is poorly communicated and non realistic promises. Better is to under promise and over deliver.
    So please remove the 18 month for pre-orders because it makes me feel more annoyed and not appreciated.

That is what you can learn from NotionInk failure, keep communicating in a professional way, do not overpromise keep you clients/ backers happy and not dissatisfied, manage expectations well!

One word of advice keep innovating because the big ones Apple, Samsung etc are pouring millions in smart watches. And that is what you can learn from smart phone and tablet market, developments are super fast and you need a loyal customer base which is happy with the product because they are you most valuable marketing instrument that small start-ups can afford.

Post edited by Alexpebble on
  • LucaBellantiLucaBellanti Posts: 7Member
    i'm with alexpebble....but there is a way to contact directly the staff for update?because they don't ready surely this thread forum!!