12-hour Simplicity Watchface

MJediMJedi Posts: 8Member Pebbler
Hello all,

Is anyone at Pebble, or any developer, making a version of the Simplicity that displays 12-hour time? I like that watchface because it displays the date, but I would want a 12-hour display. I was hoping the new firmware would include it, but I guess that's not a priority.

·

Comments

• thematrix211thematrix211 Posts: 52Member
    I agree 100%, the Fairly Classic Watch face would be great too, something digital that shows the date with 12 hour option.
    ·
  • RichardGRichardG Posts: 272Member Regular
    Hopefully they're working on that feature now so we can implement it in our own watchfaces when the sdk is released.
    ·
  • SaeranSaeran Posts: 421Member Pebbler
    I want a 12 hour version of the "Just A Bit" watchface.  I sent them a tweet about it and this is what they said.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) • Double Kickstarter Edition Black Pebble Time • Kickstarter Edition Black Pebble • @saeranm on Twitter • saeran.com
    ·
  • MJediMJedi Posts: 8Member Pebbler
    whacko said:
    Personally I don't want watch faces that are either 12 hour or 24 hour. 
    I would much rather have the 12/24 setting in the Pebble control how the watch faces are displayed, especially when they use standard numerals. I think that this is the way the Pebble is supposed to work but for some reason doesn't right now.
    This would be the better option, but it seems that right now that function is not working properly, hence the need for 12-hour or 24-hour watchfaces.
    ·
  • JonathanClarkJonathanClark Posts: 9Member
    Are there any 12 hour watch faces right now?  I can read the 24 hour just fine but I like the look of the 12 hour on the display more.
    ·
    Are there any 12 hour watch faces right now?  I can read the 24 hour just fine but I like the look of the 12 hour on the display more.
    Big Time 12.  The word clock and the two analogs (classic analog and brians watch), if you consider those 12 hour.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) • Double Kickstarter Edition Black Pebble Time • Kickstarter Edition Black Pebble • @saeranm on Twitter • saeran.com
    ·
  • JonathanClarkJonathanClark Posts: 9Member
    Saeran said:
    Big Time 12.  The word clock and the two analogs (classic analog and brians watch), if you consider those 12 hour.
    Thanks for the reply, I missed the Big Time 12.  I don't like the analogs ones but you are right, those technically 12 hour ones.  I wish there was a digital 12 hour watch with the date.  
    ·
  • JJJollyjimJJJollyjim Posts: 33Member
    Also, Text Watch is 12-hour. The only problem I have with my Pebble is that watchfaces are specific to 12/24-hour.
    As someone who can only really read 12-hour, I'm kinda stuck with Text Watch, where I would be using Simplicity. In total agreement with @whacko.
    A young New Zealander with a Nexus S (on CyanogenMod 10.1), a Black Pebble, and a brain full of binary.
    ·
  • BooyabobbyBooyabobby Posts: 3Member
    Good thing I check out this forum before complaining.  I thought my Pebble was broken because the simplicity app kept showing 24 hours.
    ·
  • PhilipIottPhilipIott Posts: 1Member
    Same complaint here. It's pretty pathetic this doesn't work properly.
    ·
  • skyjumperskyjumper Posts: 106Member
    I like Simplicity, but I agree, i would prefer 12 hour. That must be a trivial change for them to make though. Additionally, if they would add the day above the date, it would be (in my opinion) perfect.

·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member Regular
    I  prefer 24H clock. A day have 24H and not 12H ;)

·
  • RobertCameronRobertCameron Posts: 33Member Pebbler
    It should follow the setting in the menu, I would hope this is possible when the proper SDK comes out.
    ·
    dersie said:
    I  prefer 24H clock. A day have 24H and not 12H ;)

Some people prefer 24h others 12h.  It's a personal preference.
    Personally I think both should be supported.
    ·
    Of course we can have both... Should be trivial to do. 
    ·
  • RobertCrowleyRobertCrowley Posts: 17Member
    Sandbag, I love that watch. Somebody make a Pebble version!
    ·
    I love those cosmonaut watches too.

·
  • JonahLeeWalkerJonahLeeWalker Posts: 8Member
    MJedi said:
    Hello all,

Is anyone at Pebble, or any developer, making a version of the Simplicity that displays 12-hour time? I like that watchface because it displays the date, but I would want a 12-hour display. I was hoping the new firmware would include it, but I guess that's not a priority.

I completely agree. It is my favorite watch face, but I just don't read 24 well (Of course I can, but it takes my brain effort as the United States runs on 12 hour time). Please make a 12 hour simplicity watch face!
    ·
  • creativeguycreativeguy Posts: 29Member
    whacko said:
    Personally I don't want watch faces that are either 12 hour or 24 hour. 
    I would much rather have the 12/24 setting in the Pebble control how the watch faces are displayed, especially when they use standard numerals. I think that this is the way the Pebble is supposed to work but for some reason doesn't right now.
    Given that they couldn't even handle DST with some semblance of grace, it must be challenging to crack AM/PM. But give them credit for at least asking me my 12/24 preference in the settings. That gives me high hopes that they'll actually DO something with that info some day.
    ·
  • SandbagSandbag Posts: 231Member Regular
    edited April 2013
    Sandbag, I love that watch. Somebody make a Pebble version!
    You know? If that was what a 24 hour watch face looked like I wouldn't mind it myself even if it is a bit busy.
    Post edited by Sandbag on
    ·
  • TomTarTomTar Posts: 86Member
    As a former military type I am comfortable with either the 12 hour or the 24 hour face. The NATO watch face is good also where the normal face is shown with the 24 hour numbers slightly smaller and just below the 12 hour numbers. This way you have the best of both worlds.
    iPhone 4s IOS Version 6.1.3 Black Pebble Firmware Version 1.11.0
    ·
    Most likely, the Simplicity will be included with the Watchface SDK as an example. It will probably take all of 2 minutes, once the SDK is installed, to have a 12 hour version running. So sit tight, its just a matter of who does it first come mid April.

·
  • CaffeineJunkieCaffeineJunkie Posts: 2,266Moderator mod
    If it hasnt already been done.
    Forum Moderator  iPhone 6 Plus
    ·
  • PaulEllisPaulEllis Posts: 1Member
    Still does not appear to have been fixed. :(
    ·
  • PhilipPhilip Posts: 420Administrator admin
    Still does not appear to have been fixed. :(
    This should be fixed with the current available version: http://pebble-static.s3.amazonaws.com/watchfaces/apps/simplicity-watch-for-fw-v1.9.0.pbw

What version do you have installed?
    SDK Guy | Team Pebble | http://developer.getpebble.com/
    ·