How to know when the watch is done charging

MichaelHumphriesMichaelHumphries Posts: 7Member
I understand that the battery symbol only appears when its low or charging. But when I plug in the pebble, the charging symbol make it appear like the battery is full. How do you know when the battery is fully charged? Or do you just guess...
·

Comments

• RichardGRichardG Posts: 272Member Regular
    The lightning bolt disappears.
    ·
  • faxaofaxao Posts: 9Member
    In addition to the full battery symbol, the small lightning that appears when the battery is effectively charging should be off (not there anymore). I always leave the watch attached to the usb cable for a while even if the lightning is off, as it is not clear whether this indicator is working properly.
    ·
  • MichaelHumphriesMichaelHumphries Posts: 7Member
    Thanks! I was just confused because I left it charging over night (about 7 hours) and it still had the lightning bolt... I guess its a slow charging device.
    ·
  • fhall1fhall1 Posts: 42Member
    Thanks! I was just confused because I left it charging over night (about 7 hours) and it still had the lightning bolt... I guess its a slow charging device.
    Last time I charged mine (overnight Tues) it was plugged in probably 10 hours and when I checked to take it off the charger the lightning bolt was still on...the previous time I charged it overnight, the bolt was off in the morning.  Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it.
    ·
    Yeah I just charged it through my computer and it finished in about 2 hours! Weird... maybe my wall charger doesnt work well (cept it works great with my phone)
    ·
  • CaffeineJunkieCaffeineJunkie Posts: 2,260Moderator mod
    Computer USB ports, especially laptops will deliver less current than a wall socket charger.
    Forum Moderator  iPhone 6 Plus
    ·

Computer USB ports, especially laptops will deliver less current than a wall socket charger.

Yes that was my point... Its strange
    ·
  • AdamFryAdamFry Posts: 27Member Pebbler
    I can charge it overnight (7 hours) with same charger and some days it will go to complete battery and other days the lightning bolt doesn't disappear.
    ·
  • AntonVeretenenkoAntonVeretenenko Posts: 15Member
    I guess it disable charging and turn off bolt but watch can still be using battery and some hour later charger controller deside to do charge again and turn bolt on back. So this it probably does not mean that pebble is not charged, it just topping battery.
    ·
  • MatthewPlonskiMatthewPlonski Posts: 1Member

The last time I charged my Pebble I wanted to know what the battery state was so I sent a SMS sample notification from the app on my Droid 4.  When it popped up I saw that the battery indicator was full.  Since the display is of the type "only update when you have to" I figured it would make sense to force it to update instead of relying on the battery charge routine.  Good luck!

·