Re: Just Unfollowed

Based on comments made on a March 29 discussion. I just unfollowed Pebble on Twitter.

Backed 4/12/12 at 7:30 am CST. 
Received 6/10/13
Orange Pebble
iPhone 5 32GB J/B (6.1.2)

Comments

• CretsterCretster Posts: 89Member
    I don't mean this to sound rude, but if you want everyone to know this then a link to said discussion would be useful, so we can understand the context/significance of your statement.
  • CretsterCretster Posts: 89Member
    Thanks for the link.  Just happened to spot the thread in question a moment before this.

Cheers
  • PaulRoodenburgPaulRoodenburg Posts: 13Member
    Result of the first response: The Reddit comment on the issue with the title Eric told his custormers to go ......themselves is now the most popular post on the pebble page on Reddit. 
  • 430_34th_Avenue430_34th_Avenue Posts: 4Member
    Got a link to the Reddit comment? Don't see it anywhere and would be really surprised if this was the case.
  • 430_34th_Avenue430_34th_Avenue Posts: 4Member
    I hope the pebble team will respond to the continuation of the mentioned thread in this one with a more constructive response.
    I started the thread and seriously think that ship has sailed.
  • rocketk455rocketk455 Posts: 66Member
    www.reddit.com/r/pebble

Hard to miss it is the very top one currently. Here is the link to the comments.

• oneblessedguyoneblessedguy Posts: 63Member
    Sorry didn't post link to original. Was in a hurry.

Backed 4/12/12 at 7:30 am CST. 
    Received 6/10/13
    Orange Pebble
    iPhone 5 32GB J/B (6.1.2)

• ChuckyChucky Posts: 221Member
    Is reddit real? It looks like an April fools website designed by drunk monkeys.
    Hahaha, I love that description and I couldn't agree more but to answer your question yes the website is very very real. I think it was created a few years back to compete with 4chan as they both have similar style boards, and you would be surprised at how popular both 4chan and reddit are....but again I do agree I can't stand the layout of either.
  • rocketk455rocketk455 Posts: 66Member
    Chucky said:
    Is reddit real? It looks like an April fools website designed by drunk monkeys.
    Hahaha, I love that description and I couldn't agree more but to answer your question yes the website is very very real. I think it was created a few years back to compete with 4chan as they both have similar style boards, and you would be surprised at how popular both 4chan and reddit are....but again I do agree I can't stand the layout of either.
    Its also incredibly screwy and almost impossible to read due to all of the April Fools stuff they are doing.
  • GeckotekGeckotek Posts: 137Member
    I actually have no issues with Twitter being for promotional purposes only.  They really need to clearly delineate their lines of communications and the purpose of each.  No intermingling support and promotional messages would be a good idea.

I'm also glad to see Eric reply on Reddit, he should post the same reply here (maybe he has and I just haven't seen it yet).

Now, get update #35 out!! :)
  • sayonaraMLsayonaraML Posts: 39Member
    edited April 2013
    whacko said:
    I've never understood Pebble's apparent policy of ignoring or deleting any criticism while posting meme gifs on twitter and patting themselves on the back in all the kickstarter updates.

Do they really not get it?

The Pebble team doesn't delete criticism. 
    Look around this forum and on reddit, there are hundreds of posts that are critical of the Pebble watch, Pebble Tech's communication (or lack of), the pace of product delivery, the software, the lack of SDK, and practically every other aspect of this project.

What the Pebble team doesn't stand for is personal attacks on Pebble employees. People have been warned previously about attacking the skill or ability of Pebble's employees and his speculations and veiled insults in the Twitter thread are the only reason that thread was locked. And note, it was locked not deleted. Eric could have deleted that thread if he chose to.
    Whacko, how would you feel if you were me and started the thread? Sure Eric could have deleted the thread but not sure at this point what difference it made either way. And Blessed Guy is right, he didn't handle it well. He could have taken a rare moment to engage in something constructive with people that care passionately about his product (including Peter) instead of keeping his distance. At the risk of going all fedupofwaiting I'm going to stop here but I have a much greater regard for the people who come to this forum and comment (including those I reglarly disagree with) than ever before and am hard-pressed to try and figure out why Pebble doesn't take the time to nurture that and those people. 
    Post edited by Joseph on
  • MichaelManhMichaelManh Posts: 48Member
    @Whacko, you marked this thread as a troll, if you don't like it, then unfollow this thread. Problem solved. Thread closed.

Oh wait, I don't have the power to do any of that... 
  • Vote4sethVote4seth Posts: 66Member
    edited April 2013
    Edit: @whacko Why are you defending Eric, I know you disliked his post?

I tried to delete this post, once I saw whackos post above, I guess we posted at the same time, but I guess we dont have that ability to delete our own posts, So I tried to repost my response to whacko so his response made sense.
    Post edited by Vote4seth on
  • MichaelManhMichaelManh Posts: 48Member
    Hey, @Eric, while you're here, can you just drop a quick note about what order the colors are being manufactured? Just like

1. Red orange white grey
    2. Red orange grey white
    3. Red white grey orange
    4. Red white orange grey
    5. Red grey orange white
    6. Red grey white orange

or 7. Don't know, still up in the air due to manufacturing decisions

We respect that you're busy, so if you could just pick a number that should take very little time. Thanks in advance.
  • thightowerthightower Posts: 196Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Eric said:
     I over-reacted. .... That's life, we'll get through it.
    Wait till your 43 ish ok nearing 44, there will be a bunch more over reactions. Maybe not pebble related but they will be there. I got through a bunch of mine, not without a few bumps and bruises. ;)

I have done some really stupid crap in my life ... but you do get through it. I just proves your human.
    Post edited by thightower on
  • ChuckyChucky Posts: 221Member
    Hey, @Eric, while you're here, can you just drop a quick note about what order the colors are being manufactured? 
    I did ask over in the reddit thread as well, pointing out that informing everyone of the colour orders would go a long way to calming the masses, as it does seem to be the most asked question around these parts lately.

So hopefully you will either get a response here or over there (and if over there I am sure someone will repost it here), or worst case hopefully update 35 contains the information you and many others are looking for.

I am just eagerly awaiting more info regarding my Black shipment, so I can certainly understand why people are slightly annoyed at the lack of colour updates :)
  • MorbydMorbyd Posts: 331Member
    edited April 2013
    Eric said:
    @whacko, that's correct. I over-reacted. I posted my explanation on reddit. That's life, we'll get through it.
    @Eric
    Mine was the last comment on that thread before you closed it.
    Looking at that comment now, it might not have been obvious, but I hope you realize I was being supportive of Pebble's Twitter policy!
    I think you're using Twitter properly. My point was that, in contrast to the original poster there, I don't think Twitter should be used as a primary support channel.
    And well done with your comments on Reddit. Might be good to repeat them here.
    PR isn't an easy business. I've been doing it for 18 years and it still trips me up sometimes.
    Post edited by Morbyd on
  • leeandyleeandy Posts: 24Member
    Im sorry but Eric's comment is not forgivable.