Polar Map

Pebble Polar Map

worldmap.pbw: The polar projection of Earth rotates once per day, with "noon" roughly calibrated for NYC/EST.

·

Comments

• metroidmenmetroidmen Posts: 331Member Regular
    How do we download it? It downloads and when I open it with the app it does nothing.
    Huebble - Philips Hue control via Pebble Smartwatch! 
    ·
  • NICOLASOLIVERNICOLASOLIVER Posts: 49Member
    How do we download it? It downloads and when I open it with the app it does nothing.
    Same here :(
    ·
  • NICOLASOLIVERNICOLASOLIVER Posts: 49Member
    iPhone iOS 6.1.2
    ·
  • ChaseMastersChaseMasters Posts: 41Member
    Which platform are you on?  I believe iOS requires a new version of the Pebble app that is awaiting Apple review.
    My thoughts, as well. I hope Apple hurries up...
    ·
  • astroMDastroMD Posts: 14Member
    This is very interesting concept. Nice work!
    ·
  • thightowerthightower Posts: 209Moderator mod
    Chase Masters said: I hope Apple hurries up...
    I hope personally. Sadly I have never known Apple to hurry....

But thats doesn't keep me from refreshing the darn page like crazy. :)
    Forum Moderator | iPhone 5s, iOS 8 b2 | Pebble Black ~ Pebblebits v 2.02 | Pebble Steel ~ latest official

* Using GadgetWraps for scuff / screen protection. 

·
  • EricEric Posts: 284Administrator
    edited April 2013
    Can try installing using libpebble (works with Mac OS 10.8 and Ubuntu): http://developer.getpebble.com/1/03_MoreResources/015_libpebble
    Post edited by Eric on
    Eric Migicovsky | Team Pebble | getpebble.com | @Pebble
    •••
    ·
  • metroidmenmetroidmen Posts: 331Member Regular
    I only have windows. D:

And no Bluetooth dongle.

Hurry Apple. >.<
    Huebble - Philips Hue control via Pebble Smartwatch! 
    ·
  • RichardGoodwin01RichardGoodwin01 Posts: 3Member
    Tried to load with libpebble but get error: 

KeyError: "There is no item named 'pebble-app.bin' in the archive". Not packed properly? (Can connect and ping to watch fine, btw!)

·
  • EricEric Posts: 284Administrator
    edited April 2013
    Post edited by Eric on
    Eric Migicovsky | Team Pebble | getpebble.com | @Pebble
    •••
    ·
  • DrewGottliebDrewGottlieb Posts: 7Member
    I can't install this on Android, even though I've just successfully installed other watchfaces posted here such as "Suunto".

When I download this worldmap.pbw, instead of opening it with the Pebble app (like it does for other pbws like suunto_solid.pbw), it saves it to my downloads. When I click on worldmap.pbw in the Android downloads app, "Pebble" isn't one of the options of apps to open it with.

Is the pbw structured properly?
    ·
  • PhilipPhilip Posts: 420Administrator admin
    My understanding is that this wasn't built with the standard tools, so that's causing issues.
    SDK Guy | Team Pebble | http://developer.getpebble.com/
    ·
  • VarunSalujaVarunSaluja Posts: 1Member
    I am running Android 4.2 (CM10.1) on my Galaxy S3. I have downloaded the file but it gets launched by a widget app (Zooper). Does anyone know how to force it to be opened with Pebble?
    ·
  • DrewGottliebDrewGottlieb Posts: 7Member
    whacko said:
    I had to download this watch face to my Dropbox on my PC, and then opened it from my Dropbox on my phone in order for it to install. Trying to install it from the link wouldn't work.

This is a very cool watchface, but is there a possibility of making a version that is compliant with the Pebble's 12/24 hour menu setting? 

Also, does the dotted line down the center of the watchface mean anything?

Thanks, did that and it worked.

Also, I believe the dotted line indicated where it's noon.
    ·
  • AjeshShahAjeshShah Posts: 2Member
    @whacko After adding it to my dropbox, when I try to open the file with Pebble app nothing happens.
    ·
  • J_SJ_S Posts: 3Member
    I downloaded the watch face with Chrome and Android 4.1.1 on my Note 2, opened the file, associated it with the Pebble app and it was sent to my watch no problems, looks great
    ·
  • SaeranSaeran Posts: 421Member Pebbler
    When I open it on my Android phone it just says "Loading Resources" and never moves on.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) • Double Kickstarter Edition Black Pebble Time • Kickstarter Edition Black Pebble • @saeranm on Twitter • saeran.com
    ·
  • DanielMilesDanielMiles Posts: 1Member
    Is it possible to edit the watchface to alter where the midday sync is - ie, it's currently set to NYC, is there a value we could edit before loading to change that?

It's a lovely looking watchface, thanks for making it.
    ·
  • Dan07Dan07 Posts: 64Member
    J.S. said:
    I downloaded the watch face with Chrome and Android 4.1.1 on my Note 2, opened the file, associated it with the Pebble app and it was sent to my watch no problems, looks great
    I also tried this with a Galaxy S3 on 4.1.2, using Chrome - says "downloading" - but where is (whatever.pbw)  when downloaded ?  What does "associate" with Pebble App. mean ?

Basically we need the downloading and installing of new items carefully and fully explained, step by step, for non geeks, for both Android and iOS, with variations if any for differing versions of these operating systems.
    ·
  • J_SJ_S Posts: 3Member
    Dan said:

J.S. said:

I also tried this with a Galaxy S3 on 4.1.2, using Chrome - says "downloading" - but where is (whatever.pbw)  when downloaded ?  What does "associate" with Pebble App. mean ?

Basically we need the downloading and installing of new items carefully and fully explained, step by step, for non geeks, for both Android and iOS, with variations if any for differing versions of these operating systems.

If you look into your app drawer there is an icon marked download, alternately you can use a file browser to find the file (most likely under sdcard/download) tap on the pbw file and you should receive a pop up asking which program to open the file with (should be an association for the pebble app) once you tap pebble the app should send the downloaded file right to your watch, also the downloaded file should appear in you notification panel and could be selected from there, hope this helps
    ·
    Indeed it did help - simples when you know how.   But seriously guys - do think about a wiki or faq to explain the various steps of downloading - many tens of thousands of Pebbles will soon be out there, to owners of varying computer literacy.  
    ·
  • DavidMacDonaldDavidMacDonald Posts: 43Member Pebbler
    Dan, I think it there will probably be an easier method down the road. This is kind of the "sideloading" method.
    Pebble: Kickstarter, black, U.S. (Florida) | Backed 9 May 2012 | Received 6 April 2013
    Phone: Samsung Verizon Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.2.2 (stock)
    ·
    edited April 2013
    I've managed with the hints given, to get several new watchfaces.  But I'm equally sure some would get stuck at an early stage. 

I envisage something having a web-site display of available watchfaces, like that at "mypebblefaces", where all you had to do is touch the desired watchface on your paired Android or iPhone, and the coding would download to the phone and auto load to the paired watch.
    Post edited by Dan07 on
    ·
  • JnmJnm Posts: 294Member Regular
    @hudson, I've updated Polar Map to SDK 2.0beta4. Please be aware that it uses the RotBitmapLayer, so it might not work anymore if functions are removed in the final 2.0 firmware.

Download Watchface - Source Code
    ·