Announcing PebbleOS v1.10 [Release Notes]

JosephJoseph Posts: 567Administrator admin
edited April 2013 in Announcements and Updates
PebbleOS v1.10.0 (JW) Release Notes | Friday April 12 17:00:00 UTC 2013

Pebble Technology is pleased to announce the release of PebbleOS v1.10
for the Pebble SmartWatch.

If you are not currently seeing the firmware update when you open Pebble app, try force quitting Pebble app and restarting. Delete and reinstall Pebble app as a last resort to fully clear app cache. If for some reason the firmware update fails, try a clean slate.

What's New
  • Added support for third-party watchfaces created by the watchface SDK (see the SDK release notes for more details).
  • Resolved power-savings issues causing impaired battery life when connected to an iOS device.
  • Improved the responsiveness and power-efficiency of several system applications.
  • Improved battery indicator to be more responsive and accurate.
  • Added an option to disable turning on the backlight using the accelerometer.
  • Added an option to disable the vibrating motor when a notification arrives.
  • Factory reset now removes all non-system applications and watchfaces.
  • "Allow Pebble to communicate..." pop-ups occur much less frequently on iOS.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when an email is sent over MAP on iOS with an empty subject.
  • Fixed a crash in the music app that occurred when Bluetooth was disabled.
  • Fixed a crash in the music app if tracks were changed too quickly when paired with an iOS device.
  • Fixed an issue where non-fullscreen apps that aren't animated don't render properly.
  • Fixed an edge-case where Pebble would not properly connect to an iOS device.
  • Fixed an issue where multiple vibration patterns would run concurrently.

Post edited by CaffeineJunkie on

Joseph Kristoffer | Community Manager | getpebble.com | @Pebble
•••
Pebble Help and FAQs » | Suggestions and Ideas » | Contact Pebble »

·

Comments

• Jose_LuisJose_Luis Posts: 270Member Regular

Great! Let´s see how much battery lasts now!

Thank you!

iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.6 Jailbreak)

·
  • ErikBarnardErikBarnard Posts: 3Member
    Is this update out for iOS yet?
    ·
  • JosephJoseph Posts: 567Administrator admin
    edited April 2013
    All the fixes for major iOS issues in this go-round are at the firmware level (see the release notes above), so an update to the iOS app is not necessary at this time.
    Post edited by Joseph on

•••

·
  • GerardoPazGerardoPaz Posts: 2Member
    edited April 2013
    Awesome news. I like how it's so easy updating to a new FW using the pebble app (android). Also, the watch had been running 5 days without a charge, hoping this FW keeps the same battery life performance as the previous one. Good Job Pebble Team. 
    Post edited by GerardoPaz on
    ·
  • metroidmenmetroidmen Posts: 330Member
    When is this firmware to be released?
    Huebble - Philips Hue control via Pebble Smartwatch! 
    ·
  • DeUltiDeUlti Posts: 11Member
    Its a watch firmware update, not sure if an update is due out for the app itself on iOS.  The firmware update is available through the iOS app now. (im currently updating)
    ·
  • ErikBarnardErikBarnard Posts: 3Member
    DeUlti said:
    Its a watch firmware update, not sure if an update is due out for the app itself on iOS.  The firmware update is available through the iOS app now. (im currently updating)
    Ok cool! For those of you who are having trouble updating on iOS: Close (or 'x' your app in the background) your pebble app! Then re-open it! 
    ·
  • StephanStephan Posts: 2Member
    With regard to battery life.  Is this battery life of the iPhone when running the Pebble app, or battery life of the Pebble watch?
    Thanks!
    ·
  • Jose_LuisJose_Luis Posts: 270Member Regular
    edited April 2013

Could be detailed a Little more this point?

- Improved battery indicator to be more responsive and accurate.

Thank you in advance.

Post edited by Jose_Luis on

iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.6 Jailbreak)

·
  • QuwelQuwel Posts: 4Member
    And where can we find the SDK release notes?

Also i just went back down to to a 1.8.2 beta due to getting better battery life on the Pebble, il most likely update when I can get something good or if there are reports of the same or better battery life
    ·
  • DavidCarDavidCar Posts: 35Member
    My update failed (iOS). My existing firmware is 1.9.1.  As I recall, this is a known problem with a simple solution
    ·
    DavidCar said:
    My update failed (iOS). My existing firmware is 1.9.1.  As I recall, this is a known problem with a simple solution
    Try a clean slate.

•••

·
  • DavidCarDavidCar Posts: 35Member
    It works now.  I did the hard iOS App close, on reopening it didn't report there was a software update, then after I switched the iOS bluetooth on and off the Pebble App reported the update available, and I tried it and it worked.
    ·
  • FredericFrederic Posts: 24Member Pebbler
    edited April 2013
    DavidCar said:
    It works now.  I did the hard iOS App close, on reopening it didn't report there was a software update, then after I switched the iOS bluetooth on and off the Pebble App reported the update available, and I tried it and it worked.
    Same here.
    Post edited by Frederic on
    iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, no jailbreak
    ·
  • metroidmenmetroidmen Posts: 330Member
    Wasn't showing up for me. Thanks @grockk for the direct link.
    Huebble - Philips Hue control via Pebble Smartwatch! 
    ·
  • eyeiseyeis Posts: 487Member Regular
    @joseph Watch faces aren't downloading to pebble app! How do I download watch faces
    iPhone 5s with iOS 8
    ·
  • Cool. Thanks for the update. Worked fine for me.
    ·
  • DavidRosnerDavidRosner Posts: 1Member
    Yep, update worked for me!

·
  • DeUltiDeUlti Posts: 11Member
    edited April 2013
    eyeis said:
    @joseph Watch faces aren't downloading to pebble app! How do I download watch faces
    What is the problem you are having? The function hasnt changed and works the same way.
    I was able to delete, re-add a watch face and even add one I hadnt been using. If you are looking for new ones, I dont think any were released this week, the last one released was the german(i think?) one.
    Post edited by DeUlti on
    ·
  • AdamFehnelAdamFehnel Posts: 1Member
    I'm excited for the SDK.
    ·
  • FuriousbFuriousb Posts: 188Member Regular
    iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.3
    ·
  • NathanAllworthNathanAllworth Posts: 4Member
    When will the iOS notifications for third-party apps and such be fixed? I've all but given up on using my Pebble for notifications because I got tired of enabling/disabling a dozen different notifications every 2-4 hours.
    ·
  • FredericFrederic Posts: 24Member Pebbler
    The SDK is live but trying to download the arm-cs-tools gives an error 404... Please fix this. 
    iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, no jailbreak
    ·
    Should be good now.

•••

·
  • fsa317fsa317 Posts: 6Member
    When I click my Android Apps's Check for FW Update it says it is up to date but my watch still shows 1.9.1 (I just reinstalled the entire Pebble app on my phone, still same thing).
    ·
This discussion has been closed.