edited April 2013 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
App currently on market: 1.0.6

New iOS app is live! Huzzah
Post edited by Eric on
Eric Migicovsky | Team Pebble | getpebble.com | @Pebble
•••

Comments

• CezarCocuCezarCocu Posts: 5Member
    LibPebble works great! Could you post on there that pySerial is another dependency. Solved after installing pip and doing a [sudo] pip install pySerial
  • TimothyStoughTimothyStough Posts: 58Member
    Anyone want to write a libpebble tutorial?  Or maybe make a fully packaged side-loader.

Since pip seems broken on my Mac, I have no way of meeting the libpebble dependencies.  I'm compiling SDK code inside a Ubuntu 12.04LTS 32-bit VM to get all the dependencies met and don't think that I can do bluetooth from within the VM.

My Pebble faces are on Github!
  • astroMDastroMD Posts: 14Member
    edited April 2013
    These instructions worked the first time for me:  https://github.com/pebble/libpebble/blob/master/README.md

I'm on Mac OS X 10.8.2

Post edited by astroMD on
  • NikolayChebotarevNikolayChebotarev Posts: 47Member Pebbler
    I wonder how long Apple will approve the new application.
    God mode
  • Chibears85Chibears85 Posts: 131Member
    I have windows, and I am so insanely confused right now... How do I make it so I can install 3rd party watchfaces and SDK's? What do I do? The instructions provided above are WAY to confusing... what do I install on my iphone?

iPhone 4 BLACK PEBBLE iOS 6.1.2 Windows 8 SWITCHING TO ANDROID SOON :D

• StephenOBrienStephenOBrien Posts: 1Member
    edited April 2013
    From what I have read;
    the SDK and LIBPEBBLE are not installable on Windows, it's *NIX or MAC.
    I would suggest you wait until the newest app is approved by the appstore at which time you'll be able to do it without installing anything new on your phone.
    Post edited by StephenOBrien on
  • CaffeineJunkieCaffeineJunkie Posts: 2,216Moderator mod
    I'm a windows developer, but during the Hacker backer period it wasn't hard setting up a Ubuntu VM and following the instructions.

If you can handle writing C you should be able to handle the environment. 
    Forum Moderator  iPhone 6 Plus
    I'm a windows developer, but during the Hacker backer period it wasn't hard setting up a Ubuntu VM and following the instructions.

If you can handle writing C you should be able to handle the environment. 

Yea, im getting a ubuntu VM right now. Hoping to get some cool watchfaces to work!

• FredericFrederic Posts: 23Member
    Hi, 

I have some troubles installing PyObjC. I got this : 

pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (pyobjc-core 2.3.2a0 (/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC), Requirement.parse('pyobjc-core>=2.5.1'))

----------------------------------------
    Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in /private/tmp/pip-build-root/pyobjc-framework-AddressBook

Any help ?
    iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, no jailbreak
  • RichPRichP Posts: 56Member
    edited April 2013
    Frédéric  - I had that too.  Do:

pip install pyobjc-core --upgrade

first.
    Post edited by RichP on
  • ChaseMastersChaseMasters Posts: 41Member
    Thank you so much, Robert Martin! Worked like a charm!
  • KalenRixonKalenRixon Posts: 10Member
    I followed Robert's instructions - but i keep getting this error in terminal:

My Machine:pip-1.3.1 krixon$ sudo python setup.py install
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "setup.py", line 6, in <module>
        from setuptools import setup
    ImportError: No module named setuptools

Any ideas? I tried completing the install with pip 1.3.1 and 0.7.2
    Any chance of a video tutorial on linux? Instructions WAY to confusing.... No idea what to open or where to type anything or where to extract ETC...

• FredericFrederic Posts: 23Member
    RichP said:
    Frédéric  - I had that too.  Do:

pip install pyobjc-core --upgrade

first.
    It works. Thanks !
    iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, no jailbreak
    I take it you need some experience of coding to know what all this means...I thought I was pretty tech savvy building a few websites and jail breaking...Ha Ha...clueless!
    Ya, I agree with you there. I am usually very good with figuring our programs and jailbreaking and understanding HTML. but this is very confusing... No idea what to click and where to type things xD Im just gonna wait for the update just to be safe. I expect the update to be up on Monday

• VacekVacek Posts: 44Member
    Disappointing no IOS app approved yet ... 2 weeks really ? Not Pebbles fault I guess.... Even after that, the assumption seems to be everyone is a coder. Unfortunate. Certainly not for the masses. I personally am a coder, but I'm sure a lot of backers/per-order folks are not. There is certainly no "ease of use" factor that is going to help Pebble at all. This is simply an Alpha product (yes, not beta) that could potentially get slaughtered by a true first to market Watch that is consumer friendly. This whole bit was poorly executed, planned, and brought to the public. Sorry to say ....... Had potential. Sorry all, my impression ..... The $10m just made a company execute faster, but very poorly. Very disappointing ! V V
  • JonYergatianJonYergatian Posts: 7Member
    Using Libpebble and loving it.  I've noticed the watch faces are overwriting each other though.  This is a general message whenever installing a new watch face….

[DEBUG   ] Connection established to 00:18:33:AB:E4:44
    [DEBUG   ] Initializing reader thread
    [DEBUG   ] Reader thread loaded on tid Thread-1
    [WARNING ] Couldn't load bank 4; remaining data = '\x00\x00\x00\x12'
    [DEBUG   ] Attempting to add app to bank 4 of 8
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 4000 of 9220 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 6000 of 9220 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 8000 of 9220 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 9220 of 9220 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 4000 of 14572 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 6000 of 14572 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 8000 of 14572 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 10000 of 14572 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 12000 of 14572 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 14000 of 14572 bytes
    [DEBUG   ] Sent 14572 of 14572 bytes
    1365889685 E tall_endpoint.c 175 Tried to install over a pre-existing app: 4
    [INFO    ] Got system message (0, 7)

The new watch face does install, but it replaces the previous one, and to make matters worse, the name of the watch face doesn't get updated.
  • SebastianDierkesSebastianDierkes Posts: 59Member
    People have to set a unique ID for their watchfaces (see examples / watches source).
    How to know which one is not taken yet? I do not know either. ;)
  • JoshuaHibbertJoshuaHibbert Posts: 11Member
    Yeah, I'm getting this error a lot too:

iPhone 5 • Kickstarter backer (April 24th, 2012)
  • ShirazOShirazO Posts: 48Member

Yeah, I'm getting this error a lot too:

it probably didn't install properly or there was some sort of error, i had the same issue did rm 4 to get rid of it and reinstalled.
  • JoshuaHibbertJoshuaHibbert Posts: 11Member
    @ShirazO I'm getting it all the time, as soon as slot 4 becomes occupied. And it doesn't matter what app occupies it.
    iPhone 5 • Kickstarter backer (April 24th, 2012)
  • Alex HunteAlex Hunte Posts: 6Member Pebbler
    Robert's steps above worked great for me. Thank you so much!

I'm using OSX 10.8.2 (not server) and started by installing xcode from the Mac app store. Not sure if this is mandatory but Robert said the starting assumption was it was already installed. 

I then opened a terminal window (Launchpad > Other > Terminal), then I just copied and pasted each of the commands one at at time from Robert's instructions, minus the $ at the front, and hit enter

I actually unzipped libpebble in my Downloads folder instead of moving it, to make it simpler just to drag and drop new watchfaces I download straight into the /Downloads/libpebble-master folder in Finder before loading to the watch.

Anyway, I hope these clarifications help anyone struggling with Robert's excellent instructions.
  • ShirazOShirazO Posts: 48Member
    @ShirazO I'm getting it all the time, as soon as slot 4 becomes occupied. And it doesn't matter what app occupies it.
    Hmmm... I've have not tried installing more than 4 since then so i'm not sure if i can give u a solution for it, will let u know if i figure out why. might be a question for the pebble team.
  • DirkMikaDirkMika Posts: 174Member
    You need to make sure, you're in the right folder. Type "ls -al" for a list of files in the current folder.

Dirk
    SDK 2.0-Beta5 on a Mac(10.9) - pebble paired with an iPhone 5S
    Apps: Timer - Pebloid
    If you like my work, consider donating: Paypal
  • I followed Robert's instructions - but i keep getting this error in terminal:

My Machine:pip-1.3.1 krixon$ sudo python setup.py install
      File "setup.py", line 6, in <module>
        from setuptools import setup
    ImportError: No module named setuptools

Any ideas? I tried completing the install with pip 1.3.1 and 0.7.2
    Try installing distribute https://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute
    then it should work for you :)
  • SkidsSkids Posts: 68Member
    Hope this App gets approved soon. I don't want to do all the messing around but there are some fantastic watch faces out already.

Can't wait until the full SDK gets released
  • 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member
    Considering buying an Android phone just for downloading watchfaces now. ;P
    Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
  • StevenFarringtonStevenFarrington Posts: 5Member
    edited April 2013
    ETA: working now with sudo pip install pyobjc-core --upgrade. Thanks to whomever mentioned that Robert any thoughts 
    Everything work fine until i do the part: sudo pip install PyObjc

Steves-MacBook-Pro:pip-0.7.2 stevefarrington$ sudo pip install PyObjc
    Downloading/unpacking PyObjc
      Running setup.py egg_info for package PyObjc

Downloading/unpacking pyobjc-core==2.5.1 (from PyObjc)
      Running setup.py egg_info for package pyobjc-core

warning: no directories found matching 'Scripts'
        warning: no directories found matching 'setup-lib'
        warning: no directories found matching 'source-deps'
        warning: no previously-included files matching '.DS_Store' found anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.so' found anywhere in distribution
    Downloading/unpacking pyobjc-framework-AddressBook==2.5.1 (from PyObjc)
      Running setup.py egg_info for package pyobjc-framework-AddressBook
          File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
          File "/Users/stevefarrington/pip-0.7.2/build/pyobjc-framework-AddressBook/setup.py", line 34, in <module>
            if fn.startswith('_AddressBook')
          File "pyobjc_setup.py", line 441, in setup
            **k
          File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/distutils/core.py", line 112, in setup
            _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
          File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/setuptools/dist.py", line 260, in __init__
            self.fetch_build_eggs(attrs.pop('setup_requires'))
          File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/setuptools/dist.py", line 284, in fetch_build_eggs
            parse_requirements(requires), installer=self.fetch_build_egg
          File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 569, in resolve
            raise VersionConflict(dist,req) # XXX put more info here
        pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (pyobjc-core 2.3.2a0 (/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC), Requirement.parse('pyobjc-core>=2.5.1'))
        Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:

File "<string>", line 14, in <module>

File "/Users/stevefarrington/pip-0.7.2/build/pyobjc-framework-AddressBook/setup.py", line 34, in <module>

if fn.startswith('_AddressBook')

File "pyobjc_setup.py", line 441, in setup

**k

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/distutils/core.py", line 112, in setup

_setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/setuptools/dist.py", line 260, in __init__

self.fetch_build_eggs(attrs.pop('setup_requires'))

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/setuptools/dist.py", line 284, in fetch_build_eggs

parse_requirements(requires), installer=self.fetch_build_egg

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 569, in resolve

raise VersionConflict(dist,req) # XXX put more info here

----------------------------------------
    Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1
    Post edited by StevenFarrington on
This discussion has been closed.