[Watch app] Stopwatch [v2.0]

Comments

• RichardGRichardG Posts: 272Member Regular
    edited April 2013
    For the periods I expect this to be running for I don't expect it to be an issue
    Since you have an hours field it wouldn't be used unless someone gets to hours. I think at that point the deciseconds would be a problem. So how about a system that only shows 3 groups:

MM:SS.ds
    which later turns into
    HH:MM:SS

That would also give more room for button indicators.
    Post edited by RichardG on
    ·
  • DonaldBubbinsDonaldBubbins Posts: 61Member Regular
    You should put it up on mypebblefaces.com

mypebblefaces.com now has the ability to let develops link you their app/watch face.
    Users can sort to only downloadable apps using the download filter and best of all the site is mobile friendly so you can browse on your phone.

It's just great to have a place to easily look at all the available apps without needing to wade through dozens of threads in the forums and on reddit.
    r/pebble mod
    ·
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't do that just yet. My Pebble Faces is for... Faces.
    Slayer should be modifying it in the near future.

Post edited by RichardG on
    ·
  • KevinKevin Posts: 19Member
    I don't know if this was mentioned yet.  But I noticed something on my Stopwatch app.  When I start it, and hit the stop, after I restart it again, the numbers jump around.  I compared it to the stopwatch on my iPhone, and of course the milliseconds will be different, but it should be around 5 seconds off.  Anyone else having this issue?
    ·
  • KatharineKatharine Posts: 718Member, Administrator, Moderator, PDR14 admin
    RichardG said:
    For the periods I expect this to be running for I don't expect it to be an issue
    Since you have an hours field it wouldn't be used unless someone gets to hours. I think at that point the deciseconds would be a problem. So how about a system that only shows 3 groups:

MM:SS.ds
    which later turns into
    HH:MM:SS

That would also give more room for button indicators.
    This is a good idea - indeed, I had considered it, but dismissed it. I don't recall why (watch it be something important when I actually try implementing it). Though I had mostly considered it for the sake of the big unchanging "00:" looking ugly. 

I'll probably do that when I next feel like prodding pebbles.
    Sparkly Code Princesskatharine@getpebble.com. I prefer email to forum PMs.
    CloudPebble Online IDE | Pebble Stopwatch | <3
    Legacy: httpebble | Peapod
    There are two As in my name.
    ·
    Kevin said:
    I don't know if this was mentioned yet.  But I noticed something on my Stopwatch app.  When I start it, and hit the stop, after I restart it again, the numbers jump around.  I compared it to the stopwatch on my iPhone, and of course the milliseconds will be different, but it should be around 5 seconds off.  Anyone else having this issue?
    Oops, I can reproduce that. I'll take a look at that now.
    ·
    RichardG said:
    I wouldn't do that just yet. My Pebble Faces is for... Faces.
    Slayer should be modifying it in the near future.

Well get onto it mate =D
    r/pebble mod
    ·
    Kevin said:
    This is fixed. You can grab the updated version from the same place or this distinct URL.
    ·
  • KevinKevin Posts: 19Member
    Kevin said:
    This is fixed. You can grab the updated version from the same place or this distinct URL.
    Awesome! Works great now thanks! :)
    ·
  • PhilipPhilip Posts: 420Administrator admin
    I wonder if you could change reset to be a double tap, you would probably have to maintain some internal timer between taps,
    The SDK actually supports long button presses without too much effort which could be another option. There's an example here: https://github.com/pebble/pebble-sdk-examples/tree/master/templates/template_buttons

A similar approach is used for multi-presses so you don't need to keep track of the time separately but I don't think that's documented currently.
    SDK Guy | Team Pebble | http://developer.getpebble.com/
    ·
  • FabrizioZinconeFabrizioZincone Posts: 4Member
    This is a great app! Thanks Katharine.
    ·
  • LooseunitLooseunit Posts: 28Member
    How hard would it be to create a countdown timer? 
    Answer: for me probably very hard! For you...? (I'm guessing not too difficult) :-) 
    • Samsung Galaxy S4 (4.2.2) + Galaxy Tab 7.7 (4. 1.2) + Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (4.1.2)
    • Pebbles: 3xBlack  1xRed 1xOrange - ALL DELIVERED 
    • BT: Motorola T505 handsfree, Motorola S9-HD headset, Blueant T1 headset, Celluon IR keyboard, Polar HRM, PLX OBDII vehicle adapter (I think I like wireless things...)
    ·
    This is what the stopwatch app should be! Very well done. :D
    ·
  • RXNRXN Posts: 55Member Regular
    The newest version is great! 
    However using words as button labels seem to be a bit clumsy on this small screen.
    May be they can be changed to some simple icons? Just a suggestion. : )
    ·
  • JoshuaHibbertJoshuaHibbert Posts: 11Member
    Please switch the lap and reset buttons. I assume most people still wear watches on their left wrist? Well, the lap button is the button that will be pressed more often, and it is much easier to press the bottom button than the top.
    iPhone 5 • Kickstarter backer (April 24th, 2012)
    ·
  • SebastianKahleSebastianKahle Posts: 1Member
    Thanks, very nice!
    ·
    If you do want to use icons, here are some ideas:
    ·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member Regular
    edited April 2013
    Very great app and improvement since the first version. Stopwatch is now very accurate and very good feature with is 20 laps.
    Post edited by dersie on
    ·
    And another update! This time almost purely aesthetic.

Version 3.1:
    • Swapped 'lap' and 'reset' by popular demand (I don't really see why, though)
    • Used RichardG's icons in place of the labels
    • Changed the font in the lap listing to match the rest of the app
    • Bonus change: bumped lap limit to 30
    Obligatory photo:

Download it at the main download link or from here.
    Absolutely beautiful! And thanks for swapping the buttons - personally I find the top button more of a stretch to use, probably due to having a button opposite so ones fingers are offset. It's a little thing, but I for one am very grateful you caved in to popular demand :-) 
    • Samsung Galaxy S4 (4.2.2) + Galaxy Tab 7.7 (4. 1.2) + Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (4.1.2)
    • BT: Motorola T505 handsfree, Motorola S9-HD headset, Blueant T1 headset, Celluon IR keyboard, Polar HRM, PLX OBDII vehicle adapter (I think I like wireless things...)
    ·
    edited April 2013
    I've actually got a concept at www.mypebblefaces.com/concepts for a Helicopter specific Aviation watch/app that I suspect wouldn't be too much of a stretch from what you've done there, I don't suppose you'd be interested in knocking it together would you? :-) 
    I've envisaged it since I first backed the Pebble, but I wouldn't have any idea where to start building it... :-(
    Post edited by Looseunit on
    ·
  • JohanMommensJohanMommens Posts: 74Member

That's a very functional stopwatch Katharine - Excellent job!

Got an app?  Post it on allPebble.com - the unofficial Pebble App Store!
    ·
  • ChaseMastersChaseMasters Posts: 41Member
    After your recent updates, I made the switch from the other stopwatch app. Thanks for all of your continued hard work!
    ·
  • GregBlackwellGregBlackwell Posts: 1Member
    I love this app, thank you Katharine Berry!!!!! I finally feel like I have a real watch again.

With that said, I would suggest that a stopwatch with a lap function needs a *lap timer* as well as a main timer. I realize screen real estate is valuable, but I would humbly suggest that the value of the the lap button is significantly minimized without a separate timer keeping the time for the current lap. If this is possible to implement that would be awesome. 
    ·
    And another update! This time almost purely aesthetic.

Version 3.1:
    • Swapped 'lap' and 'reset' by popular demand (I don't really see why, though)
    • Used RichardG's icons in place of the labels
    • Changed the font in the lap listing to match the rest of the app
    • Bonus change: bumped lap limit to 30
    Obligatory photo:

Download it at the main download link or from here.
    Make sure you update it over at mypebblefaces
    r/pebble mod
    ·
  • IhfIhf Posts: 26Member
    This is a very nice piece of work! One basic watch function that I think is still missing is an elapsed timer with alarm. I know that you can set an alarm for a time n minutes in the future but for things like parking meters or when cooking, an elapsed timer would be very handy.
    ·
  • IhfIhf Posts: 26Member
    I should have added that the elapsed timer needs to be able to run in the background (same as the alarm). I think there are one or more elapsed timers already in the watchapp directory but I'm not sure if they run in the background.
    ·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member Regular
    There are nothing that run in background with this SDK. No backup data also.

to see in the future ?

·