[Watch app] Tetris clone

robhhrobhh Posts: 679Member, PDR14 Regular
edited December 2013 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
Anybody interested in a Tetris clone? Here's Pebblis:

Download the latest version here

Download: 
pebblis.pbw (with vibration)
pebblis-novibe.pbw (without vibration)

Let me know if there are any bugs or additional features you would like to see.

Also, feel free to buy me a beer if you like the game. :)
Either with Bitcoins: 1C8LQmD99j4S9QpDfCosm9FGTiJsRMmFrN
Or PayPal: Click here

Update: Added vibration for line breaks and game over
Update 2: Added menu icon and vibration
Update 3: Added quick-fall feature with a long select button press 
Post edited by whacko on
·

Comments

• Impressive! I'll try it later today :)
    ·
  • NielsVleemingNielsVleeming Posts: 31Member
    edited April 2013
    Very nice job. Tested it and works like a charm!

BTW: cant wait for the pebble team to implement some way to save an app's state. Playing this for 2 minutes isn't really an option, if you have to start over every time. And that makes it hard to stop once you've started... :D
    Post edited by NielsVleeming on
    ·
  • smily77smily77 Posts: 30Member
    Very cool
    ·
  • DouweMaanDouweMaan Posts: 100Member
    Very cool! Have you considered releasing the source, on GitHub for example? I'd love to see how you exactly you have accomplished this.
    ·
  • RichardGRichardG Posts: 272Member Regular
    edited April 2013
    Dropping a piece when holding down middle button would be good.
    You'd need to change the rotation so it only rotates when the button is released. (and not if it's dropped)
    Post edited by RichardG on
    ·
  • robhhrobhh Posts: 679Member, PDR14 Regular
    edited April 2013
    I've added a menu icon. Thanks to binaryv01d on reddit.

New link: pebblis.pbw 

And a version without vibration: pebblis-novibe.pbw
    Post edited by robhh on
    ·
    edited April 2013
    RichardG said:
    Dropping a piece when holding down middle button would be good.
    You'd need to change the rotation so it only rotates when the button is released. (and not if it's dropped)
    Excellent idea. I'll see if the current SDK allows me to do that.

Edit:

Here are the new links with the ability to drop a piece with a long select button press:

pebblis.pbw (with vibration)
    pebblis-novibe.pbw (without vibration)
    Post edited by robhh on
    ·
    Why can I not edit the main post? I would really like to update the links. If a mod sees this, would you mind updating the links for me? Thanks
    ·
  • BenColemanBenColeman Posts: 13Member
    Amazing work. This is surprisingly playable 
    ·
    Thank you. I've updated the links.
    ·
    Nice job on the drop piece long press. Exactly the thing that was missing :D
    Thanks!
    ·
  • maverik11maverik11 Posts: 29Member
    I have a total noob question because I am curious. I thought the SDK would only alow to make Watchfaces with no actual functionality. How is it possible to reassign the buttons? I am considering trying Tetris, but I am a little afraid that later when the final SDK comes out it might brick the watch - is this actually possible or are Pebble inc. just cautious
    ·
  • JJJollyjimJJJollyjim Posts: 33Member
    maverik11 said:
    I have a total noob question because I am curious. I thought the SDK would only alow to make Watchfaces with no actual functionality. How is it possible to reassign the buttons? I am considering trying Tetris, but I am a little afraid that later when the final SDK comes out it might brick the watch - is this actually possible or are Pebble inc. just cautious
    While they call the current state of the SDK a "Watchface SDK", it can (misleadlingly) produce both watchfaces and watchapps. It is called a Watchface SDK as it can not do things like save the state, access accelerometer data, and communicate with the phone.
    A young New Zealander with a Nexus S (on CyanogenMod 10.1), a Black Pebble, and a brain full of binary.
    ·
  • dezign999dezign999 Posts: 469Member Regular
    Great work, very impressed. Thanks!
    Steam B. Willie watch face
    Pebble Punch-Out!!! watch face
    ·
  • CaffeineJunkieCaffeineJunkie Posts: 2,266Moderator mod
    While they call the current state of the SDK a "Watchface SDK", it can (misleadlingly) produce both watchfaces and watchapps. It is called a Watchface SDK as it can not do things like save the state, access accelerometer data, and communicate with the phone.

Agreed.  While it is primarily a watchface SDK due to the elements you mentioned being yet to be included, I like to think that the ability to build limited apps with button functionality is a happy bonus. 

Forum Moderator  iPhone 6 Plus
    ·

Agreed.  While it is primarily a watchface SDK due to the elements you mentioned being yet to be included, I like to think that the ability to build limited apps with button functionality is a happy bonus. 

This does raise the question wether it is advised to remove all watchfaces and apps from the pebble before upgrading the firmware in the future... (and then install only the new ones created with the new sdk)

Care to elaborate on that?
    ·
  • PsyborgPsyborg Posts: 9Member
    It doesn't show on the "Installed Watch App" list like all the other pbw's or even Snake. Is there any easy way to delete Tetris? I would like to test the novibe version, but I don't need Tetris two times. :)
    ·
  • CaffeineJunkieCaffeineJunkie Posts: 2,266Moderator mod
    Having been loading watchfaces from the various Hacker Backer SDK versions (which are different from that released to the public), I've never had a problem with an older watchface not working with a newer firmware.  Thats not to say it wont happen, but even if it did you could still remove them from the phone app if they caused a problem.
    Forum Moderator  iPhone 6 Plus
    ·
    Thanks CJ,
    I don't care for 'unexpected behavior' as long as it can't completely brick my Pebble :)
    ·
  • PSaxsPSaxs Posts: 9Member
    Hi,

Sorrry, totally new to all of this, so please bear with me.  How do I install this on the phone.  Do I just plu the usb into the computer and load the file to something. Is there a software I should download.  Please advise.

Thanks
    ·
  • MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 596Moderator, PDR14 mod
    PSaxs said:
    Hi,

Sorrry, totally new to all of this, so please bear with me.  How do I install this on the phone.  Do I just plu the usb into the computer and load the file to something. Is there a software I should download.  Please advise.

Thanks
    Open the PBW on your phone (only android).

If you have an iPhone, wait until the Pebble app gets an update and then open the PBW file.
    Nexus 6 - 5.1.0. My Pebbles: 4 tintins, 1 bianca, 2 snowys
    (Most of) My pebble watchfaces/apps: edwinfinch.com/pebble, and the Lignite Collection: lignite.io
    ·
  • MikeWallachMikeWallach Posts: 19Member
    Yes yes yes yes!!!
    ·
  • PSaxsPSaxs Posts: 9Member

PSaxs said:
    Hi,

Thanks
    Open the PBW on your phone (only android).

If you have an iPhone, wait until the Pebble app gets an update and then open the PBW file.
    Thanks - its an iPhone, I'll wait.
    ·
  • AaronSwankAaronSwank Posts: 1Member
    can someone help me? i have an iphone... I put pbw onto my computer, and then opened terminal and pushed the downloads file to the ip addres, got onto the webaddress on my phone, go to download pbw to my pebble app and nothing happens? Did the exact same thing for the brains.pbw test and worked fine
    ·
  • YorikYorik Posts: 40Member
    Awesome!! Works well...

Space invaders next!!!
    ·
  • MartinGriderMartinGrider Posts: 1Member
    This is absolutely great. I too would love to see the source if you're willing to share. (Feel free to PM, if you want to keep it relatively private.) I've found writing Tetris to be a nice "hello world" for any platform.  :)

Can't wait to try it out!
    iOS Game Developer - http://chesstris.com/
    ·
    I'll put the code on github once I've got time to clean it up a little bit.
    ·
  • eyeiseyeis Posts: 487Member Regular

how do I advance to level 2?

iPhone 5s with iOS 8
    ·