Notification when Pebble gets disconnected from phone (and a way to find your phone)

IgnatiusIgnatius Posts: 307Member Regular
In Pebble Reminder (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ichueca.pebblealarm) I've added a option (via preferences) that makes the phone sound (with alarm tone) and vibrate when phone looses connection with Pebble. The alarm gets dismissed when the phone and the watch reconnects.

Using it you can find your phone easily : just turn off bluetooth on watch and the phone will start ringing.

Please note that it may take several seconds for the phone to detect the disconnection (in my tests up to 20 seconds).

Hope you like

Black Pebble
Samsung Galaxy S3
My app : Pebble Reminder on Google Play
WatchFace : SixWords

Comments

• BrianRosenbergBrianRosenberg Posts: 6Member
    Hi,
    Great app, but I do NOT like this feature!  I frequently leave my phone in my office --> disconnection --> alarm!  I have an older version of Android (2.3.6) and I don't see Preferences.  Through the menu I only see Uncheck All, Save, Donate.  Do you know how I can access this preference and kill it?  Otherwise, I will have to just get rid of the app.
    Thanks for your help and the great work.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Posts: 307Member Regular

Hi,

Great app, but I do NOT like this feature!  I frequently leave my phone in my office --> disconnection --> alarm!  I have an older version of Android (2.3.6) and I don't see Preferences.  Through the menu I only see Uncheck All, Save, Donate.  Do you know how I can access this preference and kill it?  Otherwise, I will have to just get rid of the app.
    Thanks for your help and the great work.
    Have you download the latest version from market? Preferences should work in every version of android.

By the way, in preferences there are no donation option.

Please download last version, press menu on main screen, select preferences and tell me if you don't see that option.

Black Pebble
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    My app : Pebble Reminder on Google Play
    WatchFace : SixWords
  • TedFischerTedFischer Posts: 5Member
    edited June 2013
    Forgive me if this has already been a forum topic.  I am running my Pebble from the superior android operating system (Motorola Atrix, Jellybean).  I would like my Pebble to notify/vibrate when my phone/bluetooth is off or out of range.  I can get the phone to notify if the Pebble is off or out of range using the Pebbler app. Also using Pebble plus find my phone feature.  Neither app has trigger on the watch side that alerts.

So far I am very impressed with the quality and performance of my Pebble.
    Is this a feature that can be added to the watch app?
    Post edited by TedFischer on
  • TedFischerTedFischer Posts: 5Member
    Forgive me if this has already been a forum topic.  I am running my Pebble from the superior android operating system (Motorola Atrix, Jellybean).  I would like my Pebble to notify/vibrate when my phone/bluetooth is off or out of range.  I can get the phone to notify if the Pebble is off or out of range using the Pebbler app. Also using Pebble plus find my phone feature.  Neither app has trigger on the watch side that alerts.

I am looking for notification on my Pebble not my phone.  I thought my question was clear.  Why was my post moved?
  • MorbydMorbyd Posts: 338Member
    Some of the watchfaces (like Roboto, I think?) have that function built in.
  • jcoppola33jcoppola33 Posts: 274Member Pebbler

I am looking for notification on my Pebble not my phone.  I thought my question was clear.  Why was my post moved?
    Perhaps an android hater! =O lol but I would think that the app to notify you from the watch would need to be on the watch not on the phone since the phone would disconnect and have no way to send the message to pebble once it has.....so bassically an app on the watch the detects hen bluetooth disconnects. Kinda sounds like something that should be in pebblets =D
    Black pebble
    Wrap: Silver carbon fiber from @GadgetWraps
    Phone: Silver Htc one(Verizon) 4.4.2 with nova launcher and a full body silver slickwraps carbon fiber
    My pebble phone apps- 
  • LukeBaileyLukeBailey Posts: 1Member
    What kind of range do you get from a phone to the pebble? If you go in and out of range, does it reconnect automatically and send notifications you have missed in the time you were out of range?
    Thanks in advance for a response!
  • jcoppola33jcoppola33 Posts: 274Member Pebbler
    What kind of range do you get from a phone to the pebble? If you go in and out of range, does it reconnect automatically and send notifications you have missed in the time you were out of range?
    Thanks in advance for a response!
    I have never actually tested a range, but it does have to do with whats in the way of it but no it doesn't send old notifications when you reconnect. When you disconnect  it will attempt to reconnect when in range but atleast for me it sometimes gets stuck trying so I simply do it myself from the app
    Black pebble
    Wrap: Silver carbon fiber from @GadgetWraps
    Phone: Silver Htc one(Verizon) 4.4.2 with nova launcher and a full body silver slickwraps carbon fiber
    My pebble phone apps- 
  • Tony06Tony06 Posts: 2Member
    Easy to do with Canvas (which is the only watchface I use anyway).

Create new layer, type: text (or something else), display: show when disconnected, vibrate update: selected

My watchface shows the phone's battery % when connected, and "D/C" in the same area of the screen when disconnected.