[Watch face] Pebble 24 Hour Sun Clock with added Moon, Day, Date & optional Hourly Vibe function

KarbonPebblerKarbonPebbler Posts: 32Member Pebbler
edited June 2013 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
Pebble 24 Hour Sun Clock with added Moon, Day, Date plus optional Hourly Vibe function. 

For those that want to compile their own geographic version:
  • Before compiling, ensure to configure your location (longitude/latitude) and time zone by editing src/config.h.
  • Configure Vibe function (default is false) by editing src/config.h.
    • # define HOUR_VIBRATION true

Thanks to:
  • Michael Ehrmann (Boldo) for the original SunClock source
  • Chad Harp for the Almanac source
  • Dersie for beta testing the revised code
  • Slayer1551 at MyPebbleFaces for creating a decent 1-Bit Black & White image for me. :)

NOTE: If you decide to reuse the code or make changes, please ensure you credit the authors. Thank you.

Click for Compiled Demo Geographic Version <--Try it and see if you like it, if so, recompile with your own geographic details
Click for MyPebbleFaces <-- Compiled DEMO PBW uploaded, with source code linkage.

I have coded a "second hand" version (requested by @luminousfw), but, I believe we're in agreement a second hand is not entirely suited to this style of watch face so I won't release this version to the wider public.
Post edited by whacko on
·

Comments

• dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member
    edited May 2013
    OK, I compiled your source code in Pebble Cloud with your github link and it works fine.

Just an observation,
    it is better to transfer the line

#define HOUR_VIBRATION false

from "sunclock.c" to "config.h" for everyone personalize all options and coordinates in one file ;)

Post edited by dersie on
    ·
  • KarbonPebblerKarbonPebbler Posts: 32Member Pebbler
    edited May 2013
    @dersie - that's a fair comment,changes pushed to github source code and updated the README plus original discussion post.
    Post edited by KarbonPebbler on
    ·
  • JeremieBerrebiJeremieBerrebi Posts: 18Member
    Awesome! Do you plan to release it on Pebbleator.tk too ?
    ·
  • luminousfwluminousfw Posts: 21Member
    Hello,

I'm afraid I'm just a novice at this. I'm trying to figure out how to recompile your code for my usage. Can you please assist me?
    ·
    It seem that is does'nt works at this time :(

@luminousfw the process is described in the post of the Almanach watchface if I remember correctly ;)

·
    Okay. I figured out how to do it! And it was a success!
    ·
    Okay. I figured out how to do it! And it was a success!
    @luminousfw - great to hear you've managed to compile your own version. Well done and hope you like it. :)
    ·
  • AlexPalmerAlexPalmer Posts: 38Member
    Fantastic watch face, my no1.  Many thanks KP, for this and compiling a version for me.

Cheers AP
    ·
    I would love to see an added "second hand" to this watch!
    ·
    @luminousfw - I was thinking about adding this. There's a couple of issues really, (1) It's a 24hr clock with no minute hand, but, does have the digital clock. So would it look strange with a second hand without a minute hand ? I'm undecided (2) Currently the watch face is coded to update once per minute, changing to per second would incur additional cost to the battery, maybe reduce running time by a half day or a couple of days depending on usage (3) The watch face is coded with multiple layers. Second hand smooth movement & screen update for day/night, digital clock, moon phase and hour hand layers may glitch. Again, without testing I can't be sure. When I have a spare moment I'll code the second hand usage and decide if it's worth releasing ;)  
    ·
    @Jeremie Berrebi - I'll have a chat with the Pebbleator owner and see if we can get the code uploaded for those that need it. No guarantees that it'll happen quickly though. Will see what I can do. Alternatively, if you PM me your Latitude/Longitude & Timezone then I'll compile you a vibe & no vibe version. I've compiled a number for other people and more than happy to help wherever possible.

Thanks a lot !!! You're awesome!

Here's mine ! 32.081261, 34.826726
    TimeZone: GMT+2
    ·
  • BobBlunkBobBlunk Posts: 8Member
    Great looking watch face. I love it.

My only feedback is that the face images need to be moved one or two pixels to the left. The right edge of the face is cut off just a bit.

Other than that it looks great. And thanks for compiling a version for me!!!
    ·

@Jeremie Berrebi - I'll have a chat with the Pebbleator owner and see if we can get the code uploaded for those that need it. No guarantees that it'll happen quickly though. Will see what I can do. Alternatively, if you PM me your Latitude/Longitude & Timezone then I'll compile you a vibe & no vibe version. I've compiled a number for other people and more than happy to help wherever possible.

Thanks a lot !!! You're awesome!

Here's mine ! 32.081261, 34.826726
    TimeZone: GMT+2
    @Jeremie Berrebi Please check your PM for links to compiled versions (Vibe & NoVibe) with your geographic location. :) 
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Bob Blunk said:
    Great looking watch face. I love it. My only feedback is that the face images need to be moved one or two pixels to the left. The right edge of the face is cut off just a bit. Other than that it looks great. And thanks for compiling a version for me!!!
    @Bob Blunk - Thanks for the positive feedback. There's currently known rounding issues with how pebble mathematically calculates such things. Theoretically & mathematically it should be centered, yet seems to shift slightly on the right edge. I'll review this again whilst I'm looking at introducing a second hand, but, more likely attempt to correct this once the next revision of the SDK comes out (I don't want to code something that may break next time around). I will however, post any code revisions to this discussion thread :)
    ·

@luminousfw - I was thinking about adding this. There's a couple of issues really, (1) It's a 24hr clock with no minute hand, but, does have the digital clock. So would it look strange with a second hand without a minute hand ? I'm undecided (2) Currently the watch face is coded to update once per minute, changing to per second would incur additional cost to the battery, maybe reduce running time by a half day or a couple of days depending on usage (3) The watch face is coded with multiple layers. Second hand smooth movement & screen update for day/night, digital clock, moon phase and hour hand layers may glitch. Again, without testing I can't be sure. When I have a spare moment I'll code the second hand usage and decide if it's worth releasing ;)  

Well, I appreciate what you've done thus far. This watchface is currently my favorite! I will definitely be following up on the further improvements/adjustments to be made! …Thank you again for all your hard work and labor that we've benefited from!

·
    Thanks a lot for the customized version Karbon! That's clearly my favorite watchface!

·
    Well, I appreciate what you've done thus far. This watchface is currently my favorite! I will definitely be following up on the further improvements/adjustments to be made! …Thank you again for all your hard work and labor that we've benefited from!
    @luminousfw I've coded the second hand movement. Would you be willing to alpha test it before I make it more public ?  
    ·
    Question. What means Monday 6 on Top Right ?
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Question. What means Monday 6 on Top Right ?
    @Jeremie Berrebi - OK for you it currently reads Mon 6 Top left & the other corner Top right will say May 13. This means Monday 6th May 2013. Hope this clarifies your question. :)
    ·
    @luminousfw I've coded the second hand movement. Would you be willing to alpha test it before I make it more public ?  
    Like say before, second hand and not minute hand is a strange clock...

·
    edited May 2013
    dersie said:

@dersie - I'm inclined to agree, however, the more I'm wearing it the more the look is growing on me. I have sent you a PM with a "second hand" NoVibe version compiled with your details. Let me know your thoughts.
    ·
    dersie said:

I would.

·
    It would be unique :)
    ·
    It would be unique :)
    @luminousfw if you could reply to my PM with the required details then I'll send you a "second hand" version to test.
    ·
    edited May 2013
    @luminousfw check your PM :)
    ·
    edited May 2013
    I tested, see MP ;)

(I don't like)

And what about batterie drain ?

Post edited by dersie on
    ·
    dersie said:
    I tested, see MP ;)

(I don't like)

And what about batterie drain ?

@dersie - Thanks for testing, it's not going to be to everyone's taste & battery drain shouldn't be a problem with the way I've coded it. See PM for more info.
    ·
    I've decided not to release the "second hand" version as I personally don't think adds much appeal to the watch face and @luminousfw (requester) has also agreed that on reflection the result is not best suited to this style of watch face. 

If anyone is absolutely desperate for a "second hand" version then PM me with your Latitude, Longitude & GMT Timezone difference & I'll compile a version for you.
    ·
  • TimothyStoughTimothyStough Posts: 58Member
    edited May 2013
    Wrong thread.  Off topic.
    Post edited by TimothyStough on
    My Pebble faces are on Github!
    ·