[Watch face] Roboto Weather [httpebble]

ZoneMRZoneMR Posts: 28Member
edited June 2013 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
Building on Katharine and Bobhwasatch's work, a mashup watchface showing the weather below an Android-style clock. Bonus feature: A phone link lost alert!

An installation of httpebble on iOS is required, currently limiting the availability of this watchface to developers.

Update 1.3:
 * Fix polling for weather
 * Automatically determine units (C/F) based on location

Update 1.4:
 * Never leave your phone behind again! Vibrates when phone link is lost, and displays a "No Phone" icon.

Update 1.5:
 * Refactored code for structure and reliability
 * Contains some debug codes which may appear occasionally, will be removed in next build
 * Short vibration on reconnection after link lost

Update 1.6:
 * Minor tweaks to visual appearance.
 * Hit my own server to offload Katharine. Working 15 minute refresh.
 * Debug codes should be rarer (still left some in for troubleshooting)

Update 1.7:
 * Reduced buffer sizes to 124 bytes (may fix Android crashes)
 * Changed vibration sequence on disconnect to the one used by Niknam's Futura-weather
 * Don't treat phone-side weather download problems as a watch link loss
Post edited by whacko on
BitCoin Donations: 16JtA7ovnGztKqbHJWkFTJiGqDGpxYDDBu
·

Comments

• DavidFishmanDavidFishman Posts: 60Member Pebbler
    I'd love to have the weather in Fahrenheit. Could you post the source so I can edit?
    ·
  • NicolasLetarteNicolasLetarte Posts: 5Member
    Hi, thanks for your version, it is great to have time in 24hrs format...
    But, as with the Katharine's design, weather is showing "N/A". Why ?
    I don't understand why.
    ·
    Nicolas have you installed the accompanying iOS app?
    ·
  • MikeGuntherMikeGunther Posts: 31Member
    is there still an android app for?
    ·
  • NicolasLetarteNicolasLetarte Posts: 5Member
    @ David, did you mean the "Pebble" app which is also the WatchFace manager ? Yes, of course.
    ·
  • kaplanfxkaplanfx Posts: 57Member Pebbler
    @ David, did you mean the "Pebble" app which is also the WatchFace manager ? Yes, of course.
    No there is another iOS app from Katherine that you need to install.  Currently this can only be done if you are a registered iOS developer.
    ·
  • MagnusKvevlanderMagnusKvevlander Posts: 9Member
    edited May 2013
    kaplanfx said:
    No there is another iOS app from Katherine that you need to install.  Currently this can only be done if you are a registered iOS developer.
    Compile and install this [ https://github.com/Katharine/httpebble-ios ] on your iPhone. You need to either have access to proper app provisioning for testing (i.e. be part of the official iOS developer program by paying $99/y; or being buddy with one who does) or jailbreak and fake-sign.
    Post edited by thightower on
    ·
  • Emmanuel SandersEmmanuel Sanders Posts: 85Member Pebbler
    This looks great, I look forward to a non developer (and android) version.
    I wish there was a way you could make money off these, I would gladly pay a small amount for a watch-face like this !
    ·
  • magumagu Posts: 5Member
    Have had it running since yesterday, and the weather doesn't seem to update automatically. After switching to another face and back again, it reloaded properly from the Internet.
    ·
  • JoeSearleJoeSearle Posts: 14Member
    Where did you get the watchband in that picture?
    ·
  • ZoneMRZoneMR Posts: 28Member
    @David - I've updated the watchface now to automatically infer the temperature units based on location. Hopefully this will work for most people. I'll also be releasing the source soon.

@magu - there was indeed a bug upstream with the watchface not correctly polling for weather changes. This is fixed now.

@Joe - It's a leather strap originally for the Junghans Mega 1000. I think it fits the pebble perfectly, and makes it look a bit more high-end.
    ·
  • ironic6925ironic6925 Posts: 13Member
    Can't wait for the Androidversion of this app! Looks fantastic!!
    ·
  • Suzanne SchillerSuzanne Schiller Posts: 1,483Moderator mod
    Love the phone break icon, I know nothing about coding, but all this activity is making me think I need to pay that $99. Tell me, if I do so, can a novice like me simply download the .pbw file and install?
    Forum Moderator

Brushed Stainless Steel
    Kickstarter White
    iPhone 6

·
  • 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member Regular
    Looks great.
    Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
    ·
    Agreed this is awesome. Well done.
    ·
  • bartbart Posts: 21Member
    Wow, the phone break icon is very nice. I hope there comes an Android version also.Thank you
    ·
  • AbelAbel Posts: 1Member
    please! step by step in jailbroken iphone! amazing whatchface! need install in my pebble!!
    ·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member
    Abel said:
    please! step by step in jailbroken iphone! amazing whatchface! need install in my pebble!!
    Is yet described :
    http://forums.getpebble.com/discussion/5386/weather-watch-httpebble-demo-watchface/p1

·
  • mymymymy Posts: 44Member
    First time I'm jealous of iOS users.
    ·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member
    Pebble-Glance give yet the Weather with more feature for Android users ;)

·
  • SylarSylar Posts: 253Member
    Can this be added to a jailbroken iPhone by any chance? If so, how? Thanks
    iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken on an iPhone 5, Android 4.1.1 on a Droid DNA, One Black Pebble and One Red Pebble.
    ·
  • 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member Regular
    mymy said:

First time I'm jealous of iOS users.

Majority of us iOS users can't have it either.
    Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
    ·
  • mymymymy Posts: 44Member
    dersie said:
    Pebble-Glance give yet the Weather with more feature for Android users ;)

Oh...thanks for the tip! My Pebble just got awesomer.
    ·
  • JerryRanalloJerryRanallo Posts: 17Member
    Zone-MR Where did you get that great watch band on our pebble?
    ·
  • Jason02Jason02 Posts: 16Member
    Check the other thread. If you are jailbroken on ios, you can install with AppSync. The ios app is posted in the other thread.
    ·
  • RonaldRonald Posts: 25Member
    edited May 2013
    New version of the ipa keeps giving me the "lost connection" symbol as above. Katharines watchface works.
    Post edited by Ronald on
    ·
  • Vincent01Vincent01 Posts: 63Member Pebbler
    edited May 2013
    How often is this weather updated?  Is it possible to change the refresh rate?  Thanks
    Post edited by Vincent01 on
    ·
  • ZoneMRZoneMR Posts: 28Member
    @Vincent The refresh interval is 30 minutes, although the next version to be reduced soon reduces this to 15 and also fixes a few connection glitches.

@Jerry It's a leather strap originally for the Junghans Mega 1000 watch. Fits the Pebble perfectly.
    ·
  • JerryRanalloJerryRanallo Posts: 17Member
    Zone-MR. I really like your Roboto Weather watch face. When will your app be aviable to non- devlopers like me.
    ·