Paid Pre-Orders: The Gameplan for Transitioning from Kickstarter Backers

JosephJoseph Posts: 565Administrator
edited May 2013 in Announcements and Updates

As we wrap up Kickstarter orders and begin fulfilling pre-orders, this email is going out on a rolling basis:

We are happy to report that the first Pebble pre-orders placed after our Kickstarter project will be shipping soon!

Jet Black and Cherry Red Pebbles will be available first. If you have pre-ordered a Jet Black or Cherry Red Pebble, you will receive an email asking to confirm your shipping address yet this week.
Orange, Grey and White Pebbles will be ready in the coming weeks, once all Kickstarter Pebbles have been shipped. You will receive the shipping address confirmation email as soon as your Pebble is available.

If your order has multiple Pebbles with different colors, we will send out your Black and Red Pebbles at first with each other color Pebble shipping as soon as they are in stock.

Thanks for your patience as we work through our shipping commitments. We're looking forward to hearing what you think of Pebble on your wrist!

Cheers,
The Pebble Team
Post edited by Joseph on

Joseph Kristoffer | Community Manager | getpebble.com | @Pebble
•••
Pebble Help and FAQs » | Suggestions and Ideas » | Contact Pebble »

Comments

• romainalromainal Posts: 29Member
    Just got an email to ask for a shipping address confirmation. WHAT ABOUT TIME.
  • LachlanCunningamLachlanCunningam Posts: 5Member
    Got this email, then 10 mins later a follow up to confirm my shipping address. Looks like things are getting underway for preorders:

Hi x x

We are happy to report that the first Pebble pre-orders placed after our Kickstarter project will be shipping soon!

Jet Black and Cherry Red Pebbles will be available first. If you have pre-ordered a Jet Black or Cherry Red Pebble, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your shipping address this week.

Orange, grey and white Pebbles will be ready in the coming weeks, once all Kickstarter Pebbles have been shipped. You will receive the shipping address confirmation email as soon as your Pebble is available.

If your order has multiple Pebbles of different colors, we will send out your black and red Pebbles first, followed by the remaining color Pebbles as soon as they are in stock.

Thanks for your patience as we work through our shipping commitments. We're looking forward to hearing what you think of Pebble on your wrist!

Cheers,

The Pebble Team

• HenkBosmanHenkBosman Posts: 10Member
    Same.. It was an emotional ride but I can't wait to receive my Pebble!
  • Reinhard MitschangReinhard Mitschang Posts: 451Member
    And not a single word of excuse for the missed "late-may-shipping-date". It's like they think, that nothing they did matters anything when people finally have the watches.
  • BalajeRangachariBalajeRangachari Posts: 1Member
    I have ordered 1 Grey and 2 Red pebble watches. I got the email to confirm the address for shipment of 2 red pebbles. 
    Any way to change the color of the remaining 1 grey pebble for immediate shipment. 
  • LachlanCunningamLachlanCunningam Posts: 5Member
    Oh and in case anyone is wondering - I ordered a black pebble in mid July last year.
  • jaicektmjaicektm Posts: 11Member
    O my GOD it is happening.. I can't wait to see my pebble. Just confirmed my address .. feeling great..
  • OliverParkerOliverParker Posts: 2Member
    Just done the same, not going to hold my breath however, though it does say my pebble is being processed for shipping. awaiting tracking details so i can find out when it actually arrives while im out ;-)
  • LeeRobinsonLeeRobinson Posts: 8Member

Pre ordered last June i think and got the email this morning...

Fingers crossed the process is as smooth as it can be from now on!!

• DaveMansonDaveManson Posts: 39Member
    Pleased its finally happening.  Thank you Pebble for keeping (this) delivery date promise.  Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly :)
  • FrancescoBonomoFrancescoBonomo Posts: 3Member
    finally. it was time for that to happen ...
  • jamesyesucevitzjamesyesucevitz Posts: 78Member
    edited May 2013
    preordered in Fall of 2012. paid 12 January of 2013. just received my shipment address confirmation email this morning. mind you that it's not a "shipment" confirmation". just a confirmation to make sure that when they do eventually ship they have the correct address. yes i'm cynical and have the right to be. at least it's some kind of communication from them.
    (and to make this more frustrating, i originally bought red. when i saw all the delays and what not months ago on colors i just changed to black. now they're saying they can ship ship black and red. aaaarrrrrrrgggghhhh!!)
    Post edited by jamesyesucevitz on
  • SebastianDamm01SebastianDamm01 Posts: 16Member
    so now red/black preorders ship before gray/orange/white kickstarters are delivered? And even kickstarter blacks are not fully out, are they?
  • I'm waiting for the email.... LOL!!!! My Jet-Black is comming... soon.
  • romainalromainal Posts: 29Member
    Changed my order to two black pebbles before the email today came, now it's telling me that only one will ship and I have to wait for the other colour. I wonder which of the two black ones as shown in my order is going to be shipped first. Black or black.......
    Certainly black.
  • Dan07Dan07 Posts: 64Member
    And now we want to see things like spare charging leads !
  • fergalkeatingfergalkeating Posts: 10Member
    edited May 2013
    I ordered Black on Preorder on 23rd Jan around 62k.

How come i didnt get that email. I thought I signed up for email updates but havnt gotten any and why is this update is not on the official Blog? I only happened across this on the forum.
    The email is unclear to me whether it means people  who have already paid (early Jan) will receive email soon or everyone who preordered.

" this email is going out on a rolling basis"  to whom?
    "If you have pre-ordered a Jet Black or Cherry Red Pebble, you will receive an email asking to confirm your shipping address yet this week."
    as i have preordered a black i should be expecting an email to confirm my shipping this week?

Fergal.
    Post edited by fergalkeating on
  • pikingpiking Posts: 151Member
    Wow, really not expect it. I thought it will send out email 1 month later and actually send out PO watches on July.
    Hopefully the process is smooth so more people get happy rather than upsetting both PO customers and white backers.
  • RossMacGillivrayRossMacGillivray Posts: 20Member
    got my email this morning to, very happy so fingers crossed within 2 weeks i get shipping confirmation :-)

(per order July 2012, Paid jan 2013)
    LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2) Rooted Stock Rom
    Windows 7 64bit
    Owner of Pebble Black (pre order) 
  • chambercchamberc Posts: 20Member
    edited May 2013
    I ordered Black on Preorder on 23rd Jan around 62k.

How come i didnt get that email. I thought I signed up for email updates but havnt gotten any and why is this update is not on the official Blog? I only happened across this on the forum.
    The email is unclear to me whether it means people  who have already paid (early Jan) will receive email soon or everyone who preordered.

" this email is going out on a rolling basis"  to whom?
    "If you have pre-ordered a Jet Black or Cherry Red Pebble, you will receive an email asking to confirm your shipping address yet this week."
    as i have preordered a black i should be expecting an email to confirm my shipping this week?

Fergal.
    Received the email- my pre-order is from July 2012.   I would suspect you'll be waiting a while.
    Post edited by chamberc on
  • fergalkeatingfergalkeating Posts: 10Member
    thanks for the replies. It would be nice to know what pre order numbers have been serviced so far. Maybe people can update the forum. 
  • MitchellGordonMitchellGordon Posts: 126Member
    I pre-ordered a grey Pebble within days after the Kickstarter campaign closed.  I just received the email about pre-order shipping.  Most pre-order customers seem to have been very patient, as have I.  Based on my read of this email the plan is that pre-ordered black and red will ship first  regardless of when the pre-order was made.  So, a black pre-order today will get the watch before I get my grey ordered near a year ago?  That seems kind of bogus, as I recall pre-orders made after January were not required to pre-pay as I was.  Lastly, if I change to black will I get it faster because I was an early pre-pay pre-order?  Thanks for any insight you can provide.

I'm confused.  I pre-ordered and pre-paid for a grey.  Now seems they will ship black and red to pre-orders that were made well after my grey order.  Sort of like seeing people served food before you when you ordered well before them.  This production schedule and rollout seems so inconsistent. 

On a side note, I posted a thread on this matter and it seems to have been deleted. 

• Jose_LuisJose_Luis Posts: 257Member
    My preorder number is around 27k, from october. Paid in january, and received the teo emails today. Now in processing. Black.

iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.6 Jailbreak)

I make posts and they seem to be deleted.  My posts just ask for clarification on pre-order shipping.  Simply, will I wind up waiting longer for a 1 yr old pre-order/pre-paid grey that the black pre-ordered last week? 
This discussion has been closed.