Announcing PebbleOS v1.12 Firmware [Release Notes]

JosephJoseph Posts: 567Administrator admin
edited July 2013 in Support
EDIT: We released a minor hotfix on 16-Jul, bringing Pebble's Firmware to 1.12.1
After updating to v1.12.0, some Pebbles didn't respond to messages as they should, causing the Android app to disconnect and the iOS app to get into a funny state. This bug became more apparent with the new Pebble onboarding steps in the apps, and has now been repaired.

Pebble Technology proudly announces the release of Pebble OS v1.12.0 firmware. 

What's New
  • The backlight now turns on momentarily when a charger is connected.
  • Lots of goodies for watchapp developers that will be unlocked when the new version of PebbleKit is released.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed subject/sender cutoff in notifications with long subjects/senders.
  • Fixed motion backlight from sporadically not working.
  • Fixed factory reset to disable the QC app and perform the reset.
  • Fixed long click release after changing the action bar icon.
  • Fixed textlayergetmaxused_size to always return the right size.
  • Fixed graphics draw pixel, circle, round rect to draw inside the layer.
  • Fixed graphics draw rect, round rect to use the stroke color.
  • Fixed graphics GCompOpAnd bitmap compositing mode to not have artifacts.
  • Fixed graphics gpath filled to not have cuts.
Note: Receiving sporadic reports that some lose the Settings/Wrench icon in the iOS Pebble app after updating. Force quitting the Pebble app should fix things. In some cases, restarting the iPhone itself may be necessary. The iOS Dev Team are investigating a fix to this for the next iOS app release.

Post edited by Joseph on

Joseph Kristoffer | Community Manager | getpebble.com | @Pebble
•••
Pebble Help and FAQs » | Suggestions and Ideas » | Contact Pebble »

·

Comments

• StigyStigy Posts: 244Member Regular
    Any ETA on the newest version of PebbleKit? Sounds very, very exciting!

Already running V1.12 on my Pebble, so far so good.
    FitPebble

Gas Finder

·
  • MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 596Moderator, PDR14 mod
    Nice.
    Nexus 6 - 5.1.0. My Pebbles: 4 tintins, 1 bianca, 2 snowys
    (Most of) My pebble watchfaces/apps: edwinfinch.com/pebble, and the Lignite Collection: lignite.io
    ·
  • GlennLopezGlennLopez Posts: 3Member
    I was hoping foe the auto backlight feature to be functional... oh well, maybe in the next update
    ·
  • StephenPennaStephenPenna Posts: 164Member Regular
    The slow AppMessage issue appears to be fixed - nice one Pebble ;)
    ·
  • ChadboettgerChadboettger Posts: 2Member
    how about an update on CALLER ID!!!!! still will not work right
    ·
  • AppHoldingsAppHoldings Posts: 96Member Regular
    @Stephen, I'm still experiencing transmission issues on Android 4.2.2. After the initial update it was running fast but slowed down after a few minutes, kind of like after a reset on previous versions. (problem described here: https://pebble.vanillaforums.com/discussion/6179/vastly-inconsistent-transmission-speeds-on-different-android-devices)

It's frustrating since it makes getting a couple K of data to the watch painfully slow. Maybe the firmware (or pending SDK) update increased the buffer size. That would help a lot. I'll have to experiment with that.
    ·
  • matejdromatejdro Posts: 1,066Member Regular
    Can't wait for the PebbleKit update!
    My Github: https://github.com/matejdro?tab=repositories
    Do you like my apps?
    ·
  • StephenPennaStephenPenna Posts: 164Member Regular
    @Stephen, I'm still experiencing transmission issues on Android 4.2.2. After the initial update it was running fast but slowed down after a few minutes, kind of like after a reset on previous versions. (problem described here: https://pebble.vanillaforums.com/discussion/6179/vastly-inconsistent-transmission-speeds-on-different-android-devices)

It's frustrating since it makes getting a couple K of data to the watch painfully slow. Maybe the firmware (or pending SDK) update increased the buffer size. That would help a lot. I'll have to experiment with that.
    D'oh. I'm seeing the same thing. It has now gone back to how it was before.
    ·
  • 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member Regular

We need vibration to be disabled while it's plugged in. Mine keeps shaking itself loose, and onto the floor!

You could just turn vibration off manually. ;)

Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
    ·
  • IngveRosselandIngveRosseland Posts: 2Member
    After update I still have problem with Motion Backlight not working. Backlight works if I press a button on the side of my Pebble.
    ·
  • SzergelySzergely Posts: 26Member
    Just curious—anyone else running iOS 7 beta 2 and *not* being prompted to install the firmware update?
    Everything fine for me, i'm on iOS 7 Beta 2.
    ·
  • DavidSteinmanDavidSteinman Posts: 19Member
    I still want to know when any of these updates and added features for developers are going to be of a benefit for the general consumers of the watch, with apps being made available via an App Store.  The HTTPebble is a decent start but even that has its own problems.
    ·
  • MorbydMorbyd Posts: 338Member Regular
    8a22a said:
    We need vibration to be disabled while it's plugged in. Mine keeps shaking itself loose, and onto the floor!

You could just turn vibration off manually. ;)
    That's a decent temporary work around but certainly not a fix.  When you aren't wearing the watch, what's the point of having it vibrate? When I do recharge mine, it is next to my bed. Not only do I not wanting it vibrating off the nightstand but I don't want it waking me at night.  Even if it isn't charging and I take it off at various times (to sleep, etc.).  What's the point of it vibrating if you aren't wearing it?
    So you think the watch should sense when it's not on your arm? That's kind of silly.
    It's 3-4 button clicks to go in the Settings menu and turn off vibrate. Don't be lazy!
    ·
  • 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member Regular
    Szergely said:

Just curious—anyone else running iOS 7 beta 2 and *not* being prompted to install the firmware update?

Everything fine for me, i'm on iOS 7 Beta 2.

I had to reinstall the app before it showed up.
    Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
    ·
  • thightowerthightower Posts: 209Moderator mod
    edited July 2013
    Seeing same here. 1 device sees the update the other fails to even notice the update and they are sitting side by side. Weird. Incidentally both are iPhone 5.  

I have tried restarts and quitting the app to no avail. So all I can say is good luck, if you find a kick in the pants post back.

Edit: Well I found a sorta fix because I am simply damn impatient. 
    1 Remove the Pebble app  
    2 re-install app
    3 Launch app it auto updates the Pebble

Post edited by thightower on
    Forum Moderator | iPhone 5s, iOS 8 b2 | Pebble Black ~ Pebblebits v 2.02 | Pebble Steel ~ latest official

* Using GadgetWraps for scuff / screen protection. 

·
  • HernanCosiHernanCosi Posts: 93Member

While it'd be a nice workaround, it wouldn't be a perfect solution. Also, unless there's a way to check the firmware version from an app, I'm not looking forward to supporting people running a large-buffer app with older firmware :(

Still, I'll do anything to allow faster transfer rates!
    ·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member Regular

The same, no change. Fast when connect and slow down a few second after.

It is only a Pebble issue. BT is not affected on Sony Smartwatch transmission. No Slow down transmission for any data between Smartwatch and phone on the 2 ways. Instantaneous transmission, 0 or delays insignificant and not visible to the user when it is several seconds with the Pebble.

·
  • AppHoldingsAppHoldings Posts: 96Member Regular
    dersie said:

The same, no change. Fast when connect and slow down a few second after.

It is only a Pebble issue. BT is not affected on Sony Smartwatch transmission. No Slow down transmission for any data between Smartwatch and phone on the 2 ways. Instantaneous transmission, 0 or delays insignificant and not visible to the user when it is several seconds with the Pebble.

The Pebble app itself also seems to be perfectly capable of pushing a 13k pbw file to the watch in a few seconds on 4.2 systems, so the problem only seems to apply to the third party watch apps.
    ·
  • romrom Posts: 8Member

And the Windows SDK!
    When I don't want the watch to vibrate, I disconnect it from my phone. Find it easier than to fiddle at the watch itself.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.