It's Pebble Time at Best Buy

JosephJoseph Posts: 567Administrator admin
edited July 2013 in Announcements and Updates

To help satisfy high demand, Jet Black Pebbles are available online at bestbuy.com/pebble right now and in US Best Buy stores this Sunday, 7 July. People want their Pebbles, and thanks to our retail partnership with Best Buy, we're giving people more ways to make that happen.

General Info
  • A limited amount of Jet Black Pebbles are were available for online purchase, with most of the inventory set aside for the in-store launch on Sunday, 7 June.
  • Pebble's price at Best Buy remains the same: $149.99.
  • Cherry Red Pebbles will be the second color available at Best Buy, coming in August.
  • All five Pebble colors are still available for pre-order with us at getpebble.com.
  • Grey, Orange, and White Pebbles are only available for pre-order with us at getpebble.com at this time.
  • Best Buy Mobile locations are not included.
Unpaid Pre-Orders
  • If you decide to pick up a Jet Black Pebble at Best Buy, no action is needed to cancel your unpaid pre-order from getpebble.com.
  • We'll still invite you to finalize payment and create a Pebble Account when we approach your place in the pre-order queue: just ignore that invite if you no longer want it.
  • We started fulfilling paid pre-orders in May—we'll continue shipping Pebbles in the US and internationally as quickly as possible.
Paid Pre-orders
  • Paid pre-orders for Black, Red, Orange, and Grey should all be in Step 3 or later when you log in to your Pebble Account. Email order<at>getpebble.com if this isn't the case for you.
  • We'll continue to produce and ship all five Pebble colors and fulfill outstanding orders placed directly with us.
  • US retail availability of Jet Black now and Cherry Red in August will relieve some demand on the getpebble.com pre-order queue.
Kickstarter Backers
  • This milestone is as big for us as it is for you: as retail customers discover Pebble, savor the fact that your support got us to this point in about a year's time.
  • For all Pebble colors, Kickstarter orders have been fulfilled first before being available to others elsewhere. Best Buy availability of Jet Black now and Cherry Red in August doesn't prevent us from honoring our commitment to our earliest supporters.
  • Kickstarter orders for Black, Red, Orange, and Grey should all have shipping notices now. Email kickstarter<at>getpebble.com if this is not the case.
  • The first batch of Arctic White sent to our distribution centers covers the first 58% of our Kickstarter orders for this color. The second batch should capture the remaining ones. 
Mods: please merge all redundant discussions on this topic with this one.
Post edited by Joseph on

Joseph Kristoffer | Community Manager | getpebble.com | @Pebble
•••
Pebble Help and FAQs » | Suggestions and Ideas » | Contact Pebble »

·

Comments

• DanielKraeerDanielKraeer Posts: 4Member
    Is it true that Best Buy will begin selling Pebbles this Sunday and will receive inventory then as well.

·
  • eyeiseyeis Posts: 487Member Regular
    edited July 2013
    I guess preorder people should just cancel preorder and go buy it. I will only be angry if they are selling their left over kickstarter pebbles there. I am waiting for my RMA pebble and they said it could or could not be a kickstarter edition. @Joseph is this true?
    Post edited by eyeis on
    iPhone 5s with iOS 8
    ·
  • ChuckyChucky Posts: 224Member Pebbler
    /can imagine the angst that will be directed at Pebble if this turns out to be true.

·
  • ReinhardMitschangReinhardMitschang Posts: 461Member Regular
    does nobody here consider the possibilty, that they backed a (mega-) distributor pack?
    ·
  • ChuckyChucky Posts: 224Member Pebbler
    does nobody here consider the possibilty, that they backed a (mega-) distributor pack?
    Actually good point, with 31 of them sold that potentially means they would have up to 3100 pebbles to sell (assuming they bought all 31).

·
  • eyeiseyeis Posts: 487Member Regular
    It's going to be so funny to see the publics reaction. People are going to be like, "why is the screen discolored? It must be defective." Then they will try to return it to the store. People with iPhones are going to be like "I DONT WANT TO DO THE FINGER DANCE!!!!"
    iPhone 5s with iOS 8
    ·
  • randydodgerandydodge Posts: 25Member
    When / will Bestbuy in Canada be selling ?
    ·
  • FrederikWulferathFrederikWulferath Posts: 1Member
    I preordered like half a year ago and had a notice to pay at that time. That's what I did ans still it wasn't shipped... If they did this with 10000 people they had 1.5 Million Dollar for 6 months... 0.5 % rate would be 75000$ interest.
    ·
  • StigyStigy Posts: 244Member Regular
    edited July 2013
    I preordered like half a year ago and had a notice to pay at that time. That's what I did ans still it wasn't shipped... If they did this with 10000 people they had 1.5 Million Dollar for 6 months... 0.5 % rate would be 75000$ interest.
    But what color did you order? If not black then there's no reason to be mad about them releasing black into stores.
    Post edited by Stigy on
    ·
  • fergalkeatingfergalkeating Posts: 10Member
    well thanks for the big middle finger Pebble. Here am I waiting patiently in Line, Checking Daily, trusting that you are doing your best to fulfil orders.
    You, meanwhile have turned around and said, "screw you international customers, instead of shipping our latest stock to you, we have decided to give the stock to a store in the States instead"
    ·
  • EricJulienEricJulien Posts: 16Member
    Getting a shipping notice and getting your Kickstarter Backer watch are two different things.  They can be as much as a month apart.  You have outright deceived your Grey and White backers.  What joy is there in helping start a company that has continually pushed you to the back of the line.  I've been a backer for almost 15 months now and listened to the explanations which just turned out to be lies.  You couldn't have stock for public sales without pushing the color production to one line and dedicating production of black and red to the other(s).  You had to make the decision to abandon your promises to Kickstarters.  Your business ethics stink.
    ·
  • fergalkeatingfergalkeating Posts: 10Member
    It makes sense ( to an extent) that if they can send them to best buy instead of shipping separately to US customes that it will allieviate some strain and resources in fulfulling US orders. However it is being done at the expense of international order customers who do not have access to BestBuy, and who have been paitently waiting in Line and have no access to best Buy.  
    ·
  • kitfmkitfm Posts: 28Member
    There was an IFTTT mention in the video: Does this mean we're finally getting IFTTT support soon?
    ·
This discussion has been closed.