Weather App?

BrettSBrettS Posts: 126Member Pebbler
I'm new to the whole pebble thing... I just got my watch yesterday, but after looking around a bit I was rather surprised to see no weather app. There are a few watch faces that show the current temp and condition, but that's of less interest to me... I can just look out the window if I want to see what the weather is like now. What I would love to see is an app that shows an hourly forecast for the rest of the day and a 7 or 10 day forecast for the rest of the week. It seems like this would be a great use for the pebble. Does something like his exist and I just missed it, or are there some technical challenges that make it difficult or impossible or is it just that no one has developed something like this yet? Thanks, Brett
·

Comments

• ReinhardMitschangReinhardMitschang Posts: 461Member Regular
    Just what I am saying all the time! the "Notifications" watchapp with the "Pebble Reminder" companion App for Android has a 7 days forecast, but thats the only one so far.
    ·
  • ATACPAGroupLLCATACPAGroupLLC Posts: 1Member
    You can get the weather app "Pebble Connect" or "Glance for Pebble"
    ·
    You can get the weather app "Pebble Connect" or "Glance for Pebble"
    Pebble connect isn't doing anything on it's own and Glance is only viewing the ACTUAL weather and is not providing any forecast.
    ·
  • BrettSBrettS Posts: 126Member Pebbler
    Thanks for the reply... I probably should have mentioned that I was on iOS. Still, though, those look like interesting options. I'd prefer to see a native weather app rather than something that hijacks the music interface, but at least it's a step in the right direction.
    ·
    edited July 2013
    the times of hijacking the music interface are long gone for the Glance App, it's only still an option to choose if you really don't want to install the Glance watchapp on your Pebble (e.g. if you need all of the 8 slots for other apps), but anyway: Android only.

for not JB i-Phones there are not many 3rd party apps to choose from, due to the nature of Apple's store
    Post edited by ReinhardMitschang on
    ·
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member
    edited July 2013
    For IOS you have Smartwatch+ ;)

Post edited by dersie on
    ·
    but you need a jailbreak for that one, don't you?
    ·