iOS 7 Beta 3 - Notifications now seems to work

FgFotoFgFoto Posts: 35Member
done a little finger dance on ios7 beta 3 and now the notifications finally seems to work and keep the settings :)

i have tested for about 2 hours now and all seems ok

i've made a video

is in italian, sorry, but i think is worth viewing it

Comments

• copychiefcopychief Posts: 82Member
    Notifications were definitely buggy system-wide (not just with the Pebble) for me on Beta 2. While things seem a lot smoother on Beta 3, the fingerdance is still necessary after a restart. I'm not sure yet (it has only been a couple of hours, after all) if the bluetooth connection is any more stable.
  • FgFotoFgFoto Posts: 35Member
    copychief said:
    Notifications were definitely buggy system-wide (not just with the Pebble) for me on Beta 2. While things seem a lot smoother on Beta 3, the fingerdance is still necessary after a restart. I'm not sure yet (it has only been a couple of hours, after all) if the bluetooth connection is any more stable.
    i can tell you tomorrow :)

yes in b2 was really a mess

double,triple notifications on the phone

now it seems to work well :)
  • 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member
    Shame the pebble app can't show the watchface names now.
    Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
    ok dudes tried this morning after sleeping

disabled bluetooth and shut down the pebble during the night

now i reenabled bt and turned on and they automatically paired

but no notifications. done a quick finger dance (from banner to none and then back to banner)

and now it works again

so finger dance still needed but the notifications are reliable, finally
    I can confirm this -- Notifications are working again and working well. The connection seems quite solid. Yes, if it breaks (say I I leave my phone on my desk and walk away) I do have to redo the fingerdance, but I've trimmed down the apps I actually want to send me notifications, so this is not a huge deal (especially since the promise seems to be that better times are coming).
  • LeonardoPrunkLeonardoPrunk Posts: 2Member
    Same here with beta 3. After a quick finger dance when I woke up, notifications are working 100% if I don't leave the bluetooth range =)
    i hope they will not break it in ios7 beta 4 LOL
  • SylarSylar Posts: 253Member
    Furiousb said:
    Fixed to me is when no finger dance is required at all. That day will make me happy until then I stay with Jailbroken iOS 6

Well said and I feel the same way.
    iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken on an iPhone 5, Android 4.1.1 on a Droid DNA, One Black Pebble and One Red Pebble.
    It's true, the ideal situation will be when no fingerdance is required. But that's going to require two things: Apple to finalize the Bluetooth APIs in iOS7 and Pebble to rewrite their software/firmare to take advantage of them. It'll be a few months, but it'll happen.
  • DavidTelescaDavidTelesca Posts: 75Member Pebbler
    I can't get any notifications except SMS and calls with beta 3. Am I missing something?
  • ChassonHigdonChassonHigdon Posts: 2Member
    I had the same issue, David. Once I shut off my iPhone, and the watch, I then powered them both back on and established the bluetooth connection. Once more I tried the finger dance, not expecting much, but to my surprise it worked. I'm getting every notification that appears on my iPhone, from CNN to Spotify. It's been pretty damn fantastic. 
  • moby323moby323 Posts: 20Member
    I can get system wide notifications to work, EXCEPT reminder alerts.

Is there a way to get reminder alerts pushed to the pebble?
    Are calendar notifications working? Cant get them to work for me
  • moby323moby323 Posts: 20Member

I found a work around which is to sync your calendar to your google calendar, so when you add an event on the iPhone calendar it automatically be added to your google calendar (this is done in your iPhone settings). Then you can get the IFTTT app and have it send you a text mesage whenever an event occurs on the google calendar.

It's not perfect, but it allows you go get a notification on your Pebble at the time of the event (albeit in the form of SMS)
    moby323 said:

I found a work around which is to sync your calendar to your google calendar, so when you add an event on the iPhone calendar it automatically be added to your google calendar (this is done in your iPhone settings). Then you can get the IFTTT app and have it send you a text mesage whenever an event occurs on the google calendar.

It's not perfect, but it allows you go get a notification on your Pebble at the time of the event (albeit in the form of SMS)
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing as well.  It works fine, except that my new job is in a place with spotty phone service, so I'm afraid I'll miss texts.  I just bought Pushover and figured I'd try that in place of SMS... building-wide wifi should make that more reliable.
  • DatalinkDatalink Posts: 61Member
    How are these inconsistent reports for iOS7 any different than 6? If I fingerdance the toggles in the morning and the watch never gets disconnected it generally works for notifications.

Unless the fingerdance goes away this issue isn't fixed.

Datalink said:
    How are these inconsistent reports for iOS7 any different than 6? If I fingerdance the toggles in the morning and the watch never gets disconnected it generally works for notifications. Unless the fingerdance goes away this issue isn't fixed.
    It's not any different... yet. The version of iOS won't make a difference until the folks at Pebble are able to push out a firmware update, and maybe an update to the App... and for most things, they won't be able to do that (or talk about it, due to the NDA with Apple) until the final release in the fall.
  • jonnojonno Posts: 135Member Pebbler
    edited July 2013
    The problem was that in earlier iOS 7 betas, not even the finger dance worked reliably for notifications. So beta 3 is an improvement in the same sense that it's not any worse than iOS 6 :P
    Post edited by jonno on