Pebble tasker w/ tasker... WTF?

LucAllmonLucAllmon Posts: 32Member
I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy, and I love my nerdwatch. I'm new to Pebble as a loyal Metawatch user (now convert), and I'm trying to figure out how the hell to use this (these) program(s) to do what I want my phone and watch to do.

I'd like to be able to incorporate Glance as well.

Can someone please break this down retard-style for me?
·

Comments

• ReinhardMitschangReinhardMitschang Posts: 461Member Regular
    to break things down for you, people first of all need to know, what OS you're running on (I assume Android, but Version would be helpful as well), what apps you have and especially: what do you want them to do?
    ·
  • LucAllmonLucAllmon Posts: 32Member
    Sorry, good point.

Android 4.1.2
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    ·
    ok, you left the most important point: do you have the Tasker for Android (NOT for Pebble) installed  and what do you want the apps to do?
    ·
    I have both installed. I'm just trying to incorporate it into the watch. Glance has a function where it pulls from Tasker. I'd like to be able to pull up Voice Search to the watch with the push of a button. 

I have the Pebble Tasker app installed on the watch. I'd like to be able to assign functions to the buttons. I simply don't understand how to incorporate Pebble Tasker with Tasker. 
    ·
    edited July 2013
    ok...I can't help you with the Pebble Tasker, because I'm using Tasker only with Glance for Pebble.
    Basically you have to set up two Profiles in Tasker. One is for Glance to get the Labels of your assigned Tasks and one is for the Tasks themselves.
    I assume, that you know the basics of the Android Tasker, so I'll keep that one short (detailed Instructions can be found here - I copied some passages out of there)
    Set up a profile for Glance-Initialization with Event => Intent recieved. Under Action type in "uk.co.finebyte.pebbleglance.TASKERINIT" without the quotation marks.  Leave everything else in this menu blank.
    Then create a new Task with "Send Intent". Under Action type in "uk.co.finebyte.pebbleglance.TASKERSEND"
    Under Extra type in "msg:" followed by the names of your three buttons split up by colons (the : symbol).  An example is "msg:VoiceSearch:Task2:Task3" where the top button is named "VoiceSearch" and the bottom button is named "Task3".
    So much for the labels, now comes the thing, that really does something:
    Create another pofile with Event => Intent Received.  Under Action type in "uk.co.finebyte.pebbleglance.TASKERKEY".
    Now you have to create a task with the actions of all three buttons in it, that have to look like this:
    1. If
                  %key ~ TASKERTOP
      2. here you have to set up the task (or number of tasks), you want to execute by pushing the top right button of your Pebble
    3. End If
    4. If
                  %key ~ TASKERMID
      5. Task you want to assign to the middle button
    6. End If
    7. If
                  %key ~ TASKERBOT
      8. I think You got the point ;-)
    9. End If

in your case, line 2 should look like this:

2. Load App
    App Voice Search

that should really do the job.
    For help with the Pebble Tasker I would recommend to look through this topic and / or ask your question there ;-)
    Post edited by ReinhardMitschang on
    ·
    Ok. I got it to work. But not your way. That is crazy complicated. Although I have gotten voice search to work, it only works if the phone screen is already on. I can't figure out how to turn the display on first. I have found the task to do it, I think, but my phone apparently doesn't have that option. Qould this be the right way?

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4ksh5ha7yl6wli7/fCpggakZl0
    ·
  • WilliamPerryWilliamPerry Posts: 12Member Pebbler
    edited July 2013
    LucAllmon,

My Google Voice Search Task consists of 3 Secure Setting items:
    1. Plugin - Secure Settings - Wake Device - Screen & Keyboard Lights On - 10 seconds
    2. Plugin - Secure Settings - Keyguard - Off - check Run in Background (No Notification)
    3. Plugin - Secure Settings - Launch Activity - Google Search - .VoiceSearchActivity

That should work. I'm using a Galaxy SIII and trying to tweak step 1. My screen will blank sometimes just after the search.
    Post edited by WilliamPerry on
    ·
    That works the exact same. It still didn't turn on the phone display and it was unable to record my voice because of it. It made the ding as if it were recording, but nothing. It doesn't want to do anything without the screen on. 
    ·
  • IraFuchsIraFuchs Posts: 363Member Regular
    Can someone please give me an example of how to have nested menus? I have Glance with Tasker working with the 3 buttons but I'd like to dynamically change the buttons.
    ·
    LucAllmon,

My Google Voice Search Task consists of 3 Secure Setting items:
    1. Plugin - Secure Settings - Wake Device - Screen & Keyboard Lights On - 10 seconds
    2. Plugin - Secure Settings - Keyguard - Off - check Run in Background (No Notification)
    3. Plugin - Secure Settings - Launch Activity - Google Search - .VoiceSearchActivity

That should work. I'm using a Galaxy SIII and trying to tweak step 1. My screen will blank sometimes just after the search.
    Great, I've gotten that to work great. Thanks for that. I have another task that I use that lets me call my wife but I can't figure out how to turn the speaker on at the same time. I know there is a task for it, but it simply doesn't work. Here is what I have:

TASK:
    1. secure settings --> Wake up --> Screen and Keyboard LIghts on  --> 10 seconds
    2. secure settings --> keyboard --> disabled
    3. Phone --> Call --> "input phone number" --> auto dial
    4. Audio --> speakerphone --> on

Still doesn't want to turn on speakerphone though. Any suggestions?
    ·
    maybe you have to put in a few sconds of waiting for the call to establish, before tasker can turn on the speaker?
    ·
    How to do that?
    ·
  • MannyManny Posts: 36Member
    Add a Wait in your task. Task->Wait-> add at least 3 sec.
    ·
  • MannyManny Posts: 36Member
    I have a Tasker question I posted here: http://forums.getpebble.com/discussion/6770/tasker-questions-support-here#latest

Can someone help me out?
    ·
  • @ReinhardMitschang YOU are a BLOODY genius. WORKED :)

Thank You man
    ·