[iOS] Smartwatch Pro [available on the App Store!]

Max BaeumleMax Baeumle Posts: 70Member, PDR14 Regular
edited December 2014 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
Provides useful additional functionality with your Pebble watch including displaying upcoming calendar events, your Twitter timeline, step count and more.

Features:
  • Calendar events + alarms
  • Twitter timeline + retweet and favorite
  • Step counter (requires iPhone 5s or later)
  • Reminders
  • Location (address/coordinate, altitude, straight-line distance, speed)
  • HTTP Requests + Status codes (GET/POST/…, for home automation etc.)
  • Phone battery status
  • Watch battery status
  • Find My Phone
Screenshots:

image image

Download

Smartwatch Pro Watchface "Simplicity"

Features:
  • Date/Time
  • Current/next calendar appointment
  • Phone battery level
  • Phone battery low/charged alert
Screenshot:

(Thanks to the Dev Team at Pebble for whitelisting my application!)
Post edited by Max Baeumle on
·

Comments

• creativeguycreativeguy Posts: 24Member
    $2.99?!? I guess more power to 'ya, but the free apps I download for Pebble don't work half the time so not sure I want to risk $3 until the Pebble people stabilize their product.
    ·
  • ianian Posts: 1Member
    it works great!
    ·
  • SzergelySzergely Posts: 26Member
    Nice! Of course 2.99 its normal! Working hard about that :) Nice work!
    ·
  • BobPennBobPenn Posts: 121Member
    edited August 2013
    I just bought it. So far, it works perfectly! I only wish that the developer would add the next and previous tracks to the iphone volume portion of the app, and the song info too(!) ... then it would be a great music remote. Right now you have to jump from Music to this app to control the volume. But still, it's great to finally be able to control it remotely. I jog and use a headphone without remote volume buttons so this is great! Thanks and I look forward to more features added.

BTW: tried the Find My iPhone feature at work and scared everyone around me with the sound ...
    Post edited by BobPenn on
    ·
  • BradyLandgrenBradyLandgren Posts: 20Member Pebbler
    Bought instantly.

Hopefully Apple gets over this silly iOS only one 2-way app-at-a-time rule.
    ·
  • thightowerthightower Posts: 209Moderator mod
    Max,

I was not seeing any entries in my cal. I was thinking dues to iOS 7 Looks like in iOS 7 just quit the app after enableing calendars and relaunch. Of course it could just be end user error somewhere along the way. LOL

Events populate nicely after that for me. Nice app. I also had some fun with the find my phone feature. :D
    Forum Moderator | iPhone 5s, iOS 8 b2 | Pebble Black ~ Pebblebits v 2.02 | Pebble Steel ~ latest official

* Using GadgetWraps for scuff / screen protection. 

·
  • ErikErik Posts: 35Member Pebbler
    $2.99 is a bargain. Thanks for the hard work. This app is great under the current limitations; I'm excited to see what you can do when iOS 7 rolls out.
    ·
    edited August 2013
    One suggestion query ? I notice the calendar entires are day/month/year any chance for using the location specific calendar date format ?  For me mm/dd/yyyy or mm/dd/yy

Thanks
    Post edited by thightower on
    Forum Moderator | iPhone 5s, iOS 8 b2 | Pebble Black ~ Pebblebits v 2.02 | Pebble Steel ~ latest official

·
  • Andrew19Andrew19 Posts: 8Member
    Bought it and it works well. Thanks! This helps with my (slight) android & pebble envy. ;-)
    ·
  • 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member Regular
    Awesome. :)
    Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
    ·
  • copychiefcopychief Posts: 82Member
    This is amazing! Great job on the app. It works very well.

I do agree that it would be great if there were some way to incorporate play/next/back buttons in the music control. Then all we'd need is Pebble to allow us to reorder items in the menu so I could put Smartwatch Pro at the top!

Great job, and well worth the price. I look forward to seeing where all of this goes.
    ·
  • RickyErlingRickyErling Posts: 126Member
    Is there something that needs to be installed on the watch as well?
    ·
    edited August 2013
    @RickErling ;

Yes 

Open the app and click install. It should be one of the first things you see when you open it. It will open a page click open in Pebble app. It will launch the Pebble app and you will be prompted to install.
    *Sorry going a little from memory here as I am on iOS 7.

Just to note it is a app and not a face you access it via the preferences on the Pebble.
    Post edited by thightower on

·
  • RickyErlingRickyErling Posts: 126Member
    Awesome thanks. I assume from other posts you can't have this running and httppebble?
    ·
  • darwiniandudedarwiniandude Posts: 6Member
    This app is incredible. Any way for future version to integrate a time display and weather would be great... No other app needed then really.
    ·
  • MattBeckMattBeck Posts: 13Member
    My phone shows 82% battery while smartwatch pro displays 80%. (iPhone 5, iOS 7 Beta 5)
    ·
  • richardcoventryrichardcoventry Posts: 9Member
    this is good!! just installed and works great
    ·
    MattBeck: iOS apps only get the battery figure rounded down to the nearest 5%
    ·
  • TechDocTechDoc Posts: 66Member Pebbler
    Anyone else having the following issue? When I select Calendar, it shows "Loading..." and just gets stuck there. I never see any calendar events.
    ·
    Open the app and check its set to allow calendar access?
    ·
  • richardcoventryrichardcoventry Posts: 9Member
    i am getting same prob at the moment and have confirmed that calendar access allowed??
    ·
  • StuartBarnesStuartBarnes Posts: 26Member
    edited August 2013
    I love that this app exposes this functionality, but it's a kinda clunky pebble app. Can someone make a pebble app which queries your iOS app just like yours can? Also, some of my longer tweets are cut off :( Are you going to update your pebble app, or the iOS app to expose more functionality?
    Post edited by StuartBarnes on
    Pebble Firmware: 2.0 - Pebble iOS: 2.0 - iPhone 5 - iOS 7.0.4
    ·
  • kaplanfxkaplanfx Posts: 57Member Pebbler
    @Max Baeumle pretty cool app. a couple thoughts.  On calendar can there be an option to show american style dates (mm/dd/yy)?  Also any way you will add more detail for calendar entries, even the titles of events are getting cut off relatively easy.

How do the alarms work for calendar?  Do I need to keep the app open on the pebble?  If so have you considered adding a watchface somewhere?
    ·
  • HarryTeicherHarryTeicher Posts: 216Member Regular
    ~ Choosing alarm in the app updates my Outlook calendar - very nice function!

Personally, I would prefer to see the weekday instead of the date on the calendar: I can for example see I am going to a function on the 10/08/13 but am not 100% sure if this is Friday evening or Saturday evening - just something to suggest for a future update, perhaps a toggle in the iPhone app?

Otherwise great app, which shows the way 3rd party apps can take the ball from Pebble and run with it!
    Pebble Steel Matte Black; Pebble KickStarter Black; Pebblebits Firmware: 2.0.2; Pebble App version 2.1.3; iPhone 5; iOs: 7.1
    The Pebble BlogA users perspective on the Pebble Smartwatch. 
    SimplicityPro - for SMARTWATCH PRO. Fuzzy English Plus - fuzzy time watchface with exact time and date.      
    SimplicityPro is available on the Pebble appstore  Fuzzy English Plus is available on the Pebble appstore

·
  • kikoborricokikoborrico Posts: 1Member
    What can I do if don´t load any data?? 

I haven't connection
    ·
  • IceTeaIceTea Posts: 7Member
    Seems that it doesnt work with httpebble. If httpebble is connected it doesnt load data. If smartwatch pro is connected, it doesnt load the weather etc.
    ·
  • eyeiseyeis Posts: 487Member Regular
    @IceTea that is because only one app can pull data to pebble at a time
    iPhone 5s with iOS 8
    ·
  • Max BaeumleMax Baeumle Posts: 70Member, PDR14 Regular
    edited August 2013
    First off, thanks for the kind words everybody (and for helping each other)! I'd appreciate a review on the App Store if you don't mind.
    I'm busy working on exciting new features for the next free update. More on that later. I'm looking forward to implement some of your suggestions.

To answer your questions:
    TechDoc said:
    Anyone else having the following issue? When I select Calendar, it shows "Loading..." and just gets stuck there. I never see any calendar events.
    By default only events within the next 24 hours are loaded. If you're seeing "No Events", try enabling "Show next events" in the iOS app. If you're stuck at "Loading" click the Back button on Pebble and try again.
    If it is still not working, close all 2-way apps and launch SW Pro again. Remember: You can only use one 2-way app at a time!
    Can someone make a pebble app which queries your iOS app just like yours can?
    If someone is interested in building a custom watchapp/watchface I'd be glad to provide UUID, keys and even code-level assistance on request (please send me a PM).
    kaplanfx said:
    How do the alarms work for calendar?  Do I need to keep the app open on the pebble?
    These pop up on your phone and even on your watch if you properly set up notifications! The system posts the notifications so you are safe to close SW Pro.
    Post edited by Max Baeumle on
    ·
  • SuzanneSchillerSuzanneSchiller Posts: 1,687Moderator mod
    Before purchasing, I have a quick question - will this work with my Outlook exchange calendar dates, or only the iCloud calendar?
    Forum Moderator

Kickstarter OG Black and OG White
    Brushed Stainless Steel
    Time White
    Waiting on Time Steel
    iPhone 6

·
  • kaplanfxkaplanfx Posts: 57Member Pebbler
    One suggestion query ? I notice the calendar entires are day/month/year any chance for using the location specific calendar date format ?  For me mm/dd/yyyy or mm/dd/yy

Thanks
    I have been following Pebble's date format as in Settings => Date & Time. For me it is showing dd/mm/yyyy. Is it any different at your location?
    Settings => Dat & Time shows as mm/dd/yyyy for me but calendar in smartwatch pro events show as dd/mm/yyyy
    ·