[iOS] [Watchapp] PeapodPlus is available for FREE in AppStore now!

BenzaminBasherBenzaminBasher Posts: 15Member
edited October 2013 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
Get iOS App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pebbleremote/id708299927?mt=8
Get WatchApp: http://www.mypebblefaces.com/apps/5953/5827/

This app adds some more 2 way communication functionality with Katharine's Peapod app. The original Peapod app is used to better music control, and now PeapodPlus has NotesViewer, Calendar view+RecentReminder+CalenderEvents, BatteryStatus+FindMyPhone+VolumeControl, CameraControl with Flash and Camera selection options. Here is some specifications...

* Peapod: Katharine's lovely music control app with album art, volume control and Library browsing.
* Notes: Supports 5 notes with 15charactesr title and 699 characters of each NoteText Length.
* Calendar: Shows normal calendar, up down goes to next previous month. Tapping the select button shows upcoming 7-10 calendar events and reminders together (picking from next 30 days)  sorted by date, long press will return the calendar to current month.
* Phone Status: Shows batter percentage (not always accurate), battery status (charging/using/charged). You can control phone volume using up/down key, and play a sound with Ping my Phone pressing the select button.
* Camera Control: Up key switches the Front/Rear camera, down key switch the flash to auto/on/off mode and the select button, obviously takes a shot. (For using this option your phone app need to be in foreground/open, NOT in background)

Thanks a ton to lots of guys for learning Pebble Development studying and using their code specially Katharine :) And for Calendar Watchapp code used: https://github.com/Jnmattern/pebble-cal , for Calendar iOS app code used: https://github.com/JaviSoto/JSPebbleReminders

Thanks @AbrahamWestfall for his endless help on hosting the app in the app store!
The original source can be found at http://github.com/benzamin/peapod

imageimage

Post edited by BenzaminBasher on

Comments

• DonaldBubbinsDonaldBubbins Posts: 59Member
    Oh my goodness this is fantastic! Have you thought about putting it on cydia for pay?
    r/pebble mod
  • PaulWhitePaulWhite Posts: 3Member
    Looks fantastic! 

Although I can't get the new ipa to upload to http://www.diawi.com/ or install though iTunes. Diawi displays the below error when attempting to upload:

• No provisioning profile found in the application bundle.
    • A technical error occured

The old ipa still works for Peapod functionality but not for any of the plus features.

Any ideas? Thanks
  • Suzanne SchillerSuzanne Schiller Posts: 1,316Moderator
    Wow, looks amazing. And wouldn't you know it, I'm only mobile this weekend and so can't test it out (unless someone wants to send me a Diwali link).
    Forum Moderator

Brushed Stainless Steel running custom pebblebits 2.3
    Kickstarter White running custom pebblebits 2.3
    Non-Jailbroken iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Non-tech-savvy early adopter who can't code, in awe of the devs

• Joe SchmidtknechtJoe Schmidtknecht Posts: 30Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm having the same issue as PaulWhite. I can upload the original pebble remote app, but diawi won't accept this one. I believe is has something to do with a provisioning profile. The original pebbleremote app installed the MBS-Helloapp-Provison profile on my iPhone when it was installed. Despite this still being on the iPhone, Diawi won't accept it because there is no provisioning profile in the app itself. I could be wrong but that's just my guess. I have also tried to install using iTunes, ifunbox, and the iPhone configuration utility. I tried changing the date on my phone and my computer prior to doing this in case it would help but it still didn't work. I will continue to try to find a way to install it on both windows and Mac, and if I find a way I will immediately post it here. I also ask that if anyone else finds a way, that they do the same.
    Post edited by Joe Schmidtknecht on
  • BenzaminBasherBenzaminBasher Posts: 15Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for your concern and feedback's. I actually confused also about this method on non-jailbroken phone using diawi, cause they clearly stated  "only devices that were added to the profile will be able to install the application" in their homepage.

Hoever, I'VE UPLOADED A NEW IPA in the same link above which seems to be accepted by http://www.diawi.com/ nicely, but the datetime and cellular data stuff may be not working as they were 'magically' working with original peapod ipa. Thats why now app is trying to install in the iOS device via the link of diawi, but at the last moment failing.

Please let me know if its working, anyhow. And also let me know if anyone have developer account in Apple store and interested to deploy this app for FREE in app store.
    edited September 2013
    While this .ipa is accepted by diawi, it will not install on the iPhone, regardless of the date. I did notice however that there is a different bundle identifier and possibly a different provisioning profile than the first. Perhaps there is a profile that needs to be installed first before we are able to install this new .ipa?

I removed the Helloapp profile and reinstalled the original pebbleremote and found that the profile did install. I'm only guessing, but the problem may be the installation of the profile. The Helloapp profile expired on July 16th, which is why the date on the iPhone needed to be changed in order for the app to install. When I tried to install both on the iPhone configuration utility, I got 2 different messages. The original one said that the provisioning profile is no longer valid, which I expected. The new one said there was no valid provisioning profile, which coincides with my guess. Unfortunatly this is only my hypothesis, and it may be wrong. Unfortunatly, I'm not at the level of knowledge to be able to help you any further with that. However I do, as well as many others, appreciate you taking the time to try, and to continue to try, to find a solution for us to be able to install and use this app.
  • ABLABL Posts: 95Member
    edited September 2013

Please let me know if its working, anyhow. And also let me know if anyone have developer account in Apple store and interested to deploy this app for FREE in app store.
    I'm building it right now; I'd be happy to deploy it to the app store as a free app (and I think I can add you to my developer account, too.) Let me know!
    Post edited by ABL on
  • Jose_LuisJose_Luis Posts: 257Member

Installed succesfully the IPA with iFunBox. Everything works great.

iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.6 Jailbreak)

• dezign999dezign999 Posts: 402Member
    Works fine except for calendars. iOS 7 latest beta. Installed via zeusmos. I've rebooted both devices, checked privacy settings and still stuck at "Loading..."
    Steam B. Willie watch face
    Rick Astley watch face
  • Ifunbox didn't work for me, did you do anything specific?
  • Jose_LuisJose_Luis Posts: 257Member
    No. Downloaded the (last) IPA to my dropbox account, and installed it with ifunbox with two clicks.

iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.6 Jailbreak)

edited September 2013
    I keep getting error e8008015 with install failed. I'm trying to do this with my Mac, but I may try my windows partition later. Is your device jailbroken?
  • PLEASE HELP: I'm trying to get the ipa running on my iphone, but I cannot get it to install over ifunbox or diawi.  I tried it using an iphone 5 on iOS 7 beta 6 and an iPad 4 using iOS 6.1.3.  nothing worked.  PLEASE someone explain how to do this, I could recompile with my dev account, but i dont have access to my dev computer for a few days at least.
    edited September 2013
    @ALL: Thanks for you concerns, please relax, this app will show up in the App store soon if everything goes well, until then please have patience and keep hacking :)

@JoeSchmidtknecht: Hey buddy, @Jose_Luis was able to install using iFunBox because he has a Jailbroken device, look just under his comments "iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.2 Jailbreak)", so he can install any app with or without any profile :)

@dezign999: Oh may be got you problem, You have somehow wrong calender selected, and there is no reminder in your reminders app :) check for Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calenders>Calenders section to set the Default Calendar. And let me know if it works, I'll add a error message instead of "Loading..." while there is no reminders or events.
    @Aleksandyr: Please check forum inbox.
  • I've been viewing the page on my phone so I didn't see see anything under his comments. I figured his device was jailbroken. Ill have to look for an alternative method since my device is running 6.1.4
  • rafasingerrafasinger Posts: 82Member
    I have tried to install it by diawi on mi iphone 5 non-jailbroken with iOS7 beta 6 and i couldn't, i think it doesn't work on iOs7, is it?
  • I don't believe it has been successfully installed on a non-jailbroken device yet on iOS 6 or 7. I have iOS 6.1.4 and I had the same problem. Hopefully it will be in the App Store soon in case we don't figure out an alternative install method. I'm trying a few ideas, and if I find one ill be sure to share it with you guys.
  • Ok, I will wait until this comes out on the app store unless anything changes here.
  • FabricioPatronFabricioPatron Posts: 45Member
    I was able to install it using iModSign. It works great! Congrats!
    Just a heads up, yes this does install and work on ios7 / iPhone 5. I used Zeusmos to install it. It's a premium package installer.

Also, checked my calendar settings, and it is set to default. I do not have anything scheduled for the day however. I thought this would perhaps show my upcoming events like the other watch apps rather than just today's. Could be why I was confused with the loading text.
    Rick Astley watch face
    @dezign999 : Yes, it does pick 7-10 events+reminders from next 30 days, that means if you have 5 today and 2 tomorrow, it will show that. But if you have 0 today and 5 in next week, app will show that also with date-time. Still didn't get a chance to check in iOS 7 device though, however I'll check it.
    edited September 2013
    How does zeusmos work? If I sign up for $14.99 and I don't have an apple dev account and am not jail broken, will this work for me?
    Post edited by Suzanne Schiller on
    Forum Moderator

• ricardo03ricardo03 Posts: 1Member
    This looks AMAZING! everything I've wanted from my pebble in one app. Has anyone had any luck getting to work without a Jailbreak yet? or an ETA on the app making it to the Store?
  • AbrahamWestfallAbrahamWestfall Posts: 416Member
    Awesomesauce!

Nice job.

I agree with @ricardo03 about being everything I'm wanting in a watch app right now, except for httpebble.
    Absolutely have to have httpebble for the watchface I use all the time.

But this serves everything else I want to do.
    Again, good job.
    And thanks!
  • NiclasNiclas Posts: 5Member
    edited September 2013
    Thats why now app is trying to install in the iOS device via the link of diawi, but at the last moment failing.

The same result for me. I got the app in Pebble alright, but the ipa install fails at the last moment in my iPhone 4, not jailbroken.

Fantastic work!
    Post edited by Niclas on
    edited September 2013
    The only way I know of so far to install on a non-jailbroken device would be to use zuesmos. If I had more use for zuesmos I would pay the $14.99, but since this is the only thing so far that I would use it for, ill probably wait for it to be in the App Store. Otherwise I would be paying $14.99 for one app, and if I pay anything for an app I would want the money going to the DEVELOPER, not a third party, especially for something as complex as this. Hopefully it will be in the App Store soon, but that too depends on Apple and how long it takes for them to approve the app, IF they approve it. I don't see why they wouldn't but they can be pretty strict sometimes. If the app doesn't make it to the App Store, then ill consider the zuesmos method.

Benzamin- While I haven't had the opportunity YET to use your app, from what I can see and read here it looks like you did an awesome job. To have something this complex work fully right out of the gates is pretty amazing. I personally know how hard it can be to write error-free code. Unfortunatly I haven't gotten a chance to install it yet, but Apple's stranglehold on our devices is not your fault. Unfortunatly my device is an insurance replacement that came with 6.1.4 pre-installed, so no jail break for me, YET. I look forward to using your app and seeing what else you come up with in the future.
    Can anyone confirm that Zuesmos works for non-jailbroken phones?  I did some online reading over the weekend and it seems that there are big differences in opinion as to whether it can.

Forum Moderator

I am on iOS 7, not jailbroken. Zuesmos installed this ipa just fine after I prompted it to sign the app for me. I am not a dev, but Uhelios includes a dev key with your purchase of zuesmos.
    Rick Astley watch face
  • installato su iphone 5 con ios7 funziona tutto tranne la fotocamera, perfetto.
    Before I plunk down my $14.99, anyone on 6.1 non-jailbreak who can confirm that Zeusmos will work?
    Forum Moderator