[FIXED!] Pebble iOS App v2.1 from 31 March = Crashing

Comments

• Mark20Mark20 Posts: 90Member Regular
    With all the problems people are having looks like they've taken the update off the iOS App Store, so would imagine they know there is a problem and so will sort it soon.
    ·
    With all the problem people are having looks like they've taken the update off the iOS App Store, so would imagine they know there is a problem and so will sort it soon.
    ·
    With all the problem people are having looks like they've taken the update off the iOS App Store, so would imagine they know there is a problem and so will sort it soon.
    ·
  • George01George01 Posts: 379Member Regular
    Thanks for the heads up. Will someone post when the problem get fixed.

George

iPhone 6, iOS 8, unjailbroken

Pebble Plastic (KS edition) received 8/19/13

·
  • MarcAlexanderMarcAlexander Posts: 1Member
    Same
    ·
  • FelixGarciaFelixGarcia Posts: 43Member Pebbler
    They got me....SUCKS !!!!
    ·
  • MonzakGaborMonzakGabor Posts: 1Member
    Same
    ·
  • SimonCoxSimonCox Posts: 28Member
    Well I hope that:

a) This is sorted asap and...
    b) Lessons are learned in QA so you never publish another update that fails so spectacularly in the future!

Very disappointed - second time this month that apps I like have published an update that caused it to crash immediately on updating (the other being hullomail).  I like the auto update feature on iOS - please don't make me regret keeping it switched on again!
    ·
  • JoeyvanWilpenJoeyvanWilpen Posts: 5Member
    Steps i did to fix the problem

Delete Pebble App version 2.1 from your phone
    Go to Appstore - Purchased - Not on this phone
    And download Pebble App (should say v2.02)

I tested on my iPhone 5S and it worked.
    And it worked, GREAT :D , No thanks for Pebble, but thanks for Kyriakos Leivadas
    ·
  • GBenGBen Posts: 261Member Regular
    No problem here. 
    iPhone 5S - Always up to date IOS, App & Firmware  - Love my Jet Black Pebble!   Backed Apr 17, 2012. Arrived March 19,2013.  Waiting for my Time Steel.
    ·
  • Does anyone know why the official Pebble App is no longer available in the Spanish iOS App Store? There is no way I can set up the device unless I can download the App
    ·
  • PatrickBalestraPatrickBalestra Posts: 201Member, PDR14 Regular
    Pebble has removed the app from the App Store. You'll be now able to go under updates -> purchased and then find the Pebble app that will download the 2.0.2 version!
    17 years old - Switzerland - iOS Developer  - http://www.twitter.com/BalestraPatrickhttp://www.patrickbalestra.com
                Super Watchface                           Pebble Notes                                 Translator
    image  image  image
    ·
  • auriconisauriconis Posts: 373Member Regular
    There was an issue with the updated app.  They pulled it from the store.  A new app should be available soon.  
    ·
  • SuzanneSchillerSuzanneSchiller Posts: 1,627Moderator mod
    The Pebble App has been temporarily pulled due to crashing issues. 

Forum Moderator

Brushed Stainless Steel
    Kickstarter White
    Waiting on Time and Time Steel
    iPhone 6

·
  • ChrisBearcroftChrisBearcroft Posts: 2Member
    It has got me, each time I try to open the app it closes almost instantly and wont let me on to it.
    ·
  • BrianRellingerBrianRellinger Posts: 13Member
    The 2.0.2 trick worked for me, though I had to unload/load the apps again.
    ·
  • GBenGBen Posts: 261Member Regular
    edited March 2014
    I have no problem with opening the app, but, to get weather to work again I had to unpair, factory reset and repair etc.  Have you tried restarting your phone?
    OK, seems that I did not update as the version currently on the app store is ver 2.01.  See http://forums.getpebble.com/discussion/12296/issue-pebble-ios-app-v2-1-updated-31-mar-crashing#latest ;
    Post edited by GBen on
    iPhone 5S - Always up to date IOS, App & Firmware  - Love my Jet Black Pebble!   Backed Apr 17, 2012. Arrived March 19,2013.  Waiting for my Time Steel.
    ·
  • RobinHinterRobinHinter Posts: 2Member
    Steps i did to fix the problem

Delete Pebble App version 2.1 from your phone
    Go to Appstore - Purchased - Not on this phone
    And download Pebble App (should say v2.02)

I tested on my iPhone 5S and it worked.
    ***Do this before your iPhone completes its next sync so the older version is still in the iCloud***

Worked for me and I'm back up and running - no fear of the newer version updating as they've pulled it from the App store.
    ·
  • RufusDavisRufusDavis Posts: 3Member
    Had my auto update on.. Now, does not work.
    ·
  • BobPennBobPenn Posts: 121Member
    I got caught in the update. Crash, crash. Waiting for the "tested" update!
    ·
  • CurtisKenningtonCurtisKennington Posts: 9Member
    Apart from the issues with the app, what's actually new in 2.1?
    ·
  • PeterDixonPeterDixon Posts: 2Member
    I just bought this watch like 2 hours ago, completed charging it and then just installed the 2.1 IOS app.and as I see the posts here looks like I'm screwed. Peter from Toronto
    Joseph said:
    1615 ET: For an email notification when the Pebble app for iOS issues have been resolved, sign up here »
    1530 ET: We have temporarily hidden the Pebble iOS app from the iTunes Store while we take time to resolve the issues with the v2.1 update.

At this time, Pebble does not recommend updating to version 2.1 of the Pebble for iOS app, which was released today. A critical issue was detected in the application that prevents it from working. This will affect connecting, loading, and managing your Pebble from the application. Your Pebble will continue to work as usual, and in general existing notification settings should continue to operate.

This is a temporary issue, and the Pebble team is working diligently to make an update as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Many iOS users have their devices set to automatically update their apps in the background. If this setting is on, it will cause your Pebble iOS app to be updated to version 2.1, which is currently having issues. 

To prevent your iOS device from automatically updating apps:
    Navigate to Settings » iTunes & App Store » toggle Updates OFF in "Automatic Downloads.

We'll keep you posted with any news and fixes as they come.

·
  • PeterDixonPeterDixon Posts: 2Member
    Today's my first day with my watch. I can't do anything with it.
    ME TOO
    ·
  • Lisa02Lisa02 Posts: 1Member
    I was psyched to get my new pebble today, only to download the app, and then get booted off.  I did get the watch paired with my phone but now I cannot open the app at all.  I have killed the app and re-down loaded it a couple of times now with not luck.  What next?

·
    This discussion has been merged.
    ·
    So, i had an update for the Pebble App (2.1), in the App Store,
    And when i start the app its crashing....
    So i can't use my pebble now !

Already tried
    - Reinstalling
    - Rebooting
    - Remove bluetooth devices

I have iOS 7.1 on my iPhone 5S, and my pebble is up to date, now the app on my iPhone is crashing i can't use my pebble.

Please any help  ?!?!?
    Same thing here.  iOS 7.1, brand new pebble.  App crashing immediately.  I have killed the ap and re-loaded it to no affect.  
    ·
  • JosephJoseph Posts: 567Administrator admin
    Please review the original post in this thread about the unexpected issue affecting anyone who updated to Pebble app for iOS 2.1. We're aware of the problem and will announce a fix as soon as it's ready. Hang tight, we are on the case!

Joseph Kristoffer | Community Manager | getpebble.com | @Pebble
    •••
    Pebble Help and FAQs » | Suggestions and Ideas » | Contact Pebble »

·
  • SuzanneSchillerSuzanneSchiller Posts: 1,627Moderator mod
    Forum Moderator

Brushed Stainless Steel
    Kickstarter White
    Waiting on Time and Time Steel
    iPhone 6

·
  • HarryAlexisHarryAlexis Posts: 1Member
    edited March 2014
    Fix doesnt work for me as I'm in a non-american appstore where they didn't remove the new version :(.

And in the american appstore I cannot find the old version because I didn't buy it there...
    Post edited by HarryAlexis on
    ·
This discussion has been closed.