Color Backers Who Switched to Jet Black: Shipping Thread

Comments

• dstartdstart Posts: 4Member
    2 weeks gone by and no shipping notification, no update on manufacturing, we are left in the dark as usual.
  • MatthewLeeMatthewLee Posts: 35Member
    dstart said:
    2 weeks gone by and no shipping notification, no update on manufacturing, we are left in the dark as usual.
    Although I agree with you there, but to their credit, it is 4AM in the morning local time as I type this.
  • dstartdstart Posts: 4Member
    edited April 2013
    dstart said:
    Although I agree with you there, but to their credit, it is 4AM in the morning local time as I type this.
    I don't think the Pebble team live in China, Eric should have relayed SOME information over the last few days to the Pebble team.  How long does it take to construct a few sentences on the state of play? 

We've heard nothing since the 9th of April in terms of manufacturing with zero output according to ispebbleshipping.com. Why bother having a site at all where they know excited and anxious customers would most likely be checking daily? and no this isn't me saying remove it, because that's not what anyone wants.

Post edited by dstart on
  • JamesBrooksJamesBrooks Posts: 119Member
    They've missed the two week shipping then.
    They've missed the two week shipping then.
    Yup.  At less they will ultimately miss the 2 weeks shipping promise in 9.5 hrs according to PST.  It might be cheaper to ship out in large batch, but it's sure feels like a something is wrong with the "fulfillment centre" if they can't even sent out a single item in more then 2 weeks.  Assuming the Pebble team claims on already sent out all the black Pebble before switches happened.
  • RioRyanRioRyan Posts: 56Member
    edited April 2013
    Swantail said:
    A query regarding the refund. To those who have already received one via Paypal, did Paypal take fees since it wasn't purchased via Paypal?

The final amount that ended up being deposited into my bank account was $9.49. There was a $0.50 fee and I lost a penny in the USD - CAD conversion.
    Post edited by RioRyan on
  • rykkrykk Posts: 18Member
    I am still waiting too. At this point I feel like I should have just stuck with my white selection.
  • ShuLingLeeShuLingLee Posts: 11Member
    Just got my paypal refund as well.  I'm from Canada.  Still on good ol' #3 tho... processing...
  • TeoTianLyeTeoTianLye Posts: 58Member
    I agreed. Nothing was conveyed to us until now. What might have cause it and what is the timeline we are expecting? 
    A few days is very vauge. 

• JasminKawJasminKaw Posts: 20Member
    No confirmation here.

But I originally ordered two, one black and (changed from black to) gray, when I first got on step 3, I never got a tracking number for it, thus never checked my mail. 
    Several days later, I just happen to pass the mailbox one afternoon and decided to collect the mail, and my black (defected) pebble was sitting in there! Even when my account page was still on step 3! And I just thought it as since my gray one wasn't shipped, my account isn't technically on step 4.

So now I check my mail regularly even if it is STILL on step 3.
  • fpazfpaz Posts: 16Member Pebbler
    argh.. we might see red pebble shipping first before they figure out the issue with the black in stock. Too bad for those red pebble backers who last minute switch to black.
    Dear non-US Back-to-Black Backers,

We ran into a few issues while processing the non-US switch to black shipments. Email confirmations on these shipments should be sent out in a few more days.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Rahul + Pebble Team
    Dear Rahul,

Could you take a min to at least share what were some of those issues.
    Good faith in your team is dependent on open and transparent sharing, but it seems like there is always more questions leftover after a statement has been made. It would really help renew that belief in the team.

Thanks
    I agree with Justin here.  I appreciate that the Pebble team on letting us know there was a problem in the processing and you guys are working hard on fixing it.  However, as Kickstarter backers; we essentially did fund Pebble to get it off the ground.  In essence, we, Kickstarters, are unofficial shareholders per say.  So, if you guys are running into problems, we do have a right to know what it is.  I'm not bitching and swearing up and down the wall to get answers.  But just want to be informed on what the problem is and not be left in the dark.
  • RolfVenemaRolfVenema Posts: 15Member
    Finally! It would've been nice to hear that a few days ago though...
  • Dana_RobersonDana_Roberson Posts: 5Member
    I'm a US switcher that hasn't heard anything. No shipping info, still on step 3. Guess its not isolated to row.
  • OfirOfir Posts: 42Member
    just saw a refund on my bank from pebble..
    still at step 3 ...

hi Rahul,
    did the issues was only with the EMAILS? did the watches shipped already? 
    What kind of issues could you possibly face when the US switchers have been receiving their Pebble? You clearly stated that there were enough Pebbles for everybody to switch, so it's not that. And how hard is it to get them to the delivery centre? What's the hold up this week?
  • inbrissyinbrissy Posts: 39Member
    I would think shipping several thousand Pebbles from Hong Kong to Singapore will have a timeframe attached to it. Those several thousand Pebbles then need to be processed into SingPost which wouldn't happen in seconds. Those Pebbles then need to be shipped all over the world which in itself won't take THAT long. What each country's customs does with them however would have a substantial delay attached as we already know. There have been so many issues with German, English, Dutch, and Australian customs that we're aware of so far. This isn't Pebble's fault or problem. They can't change the Customs regulations.

We know that many US shipments have gone out without shipping notification so for all we know, they've already been shipped with SingPost and are awaiting clearance from the respective Customs offices. 

All this whinging and whining isn't going to make the customs offices and postal services move them any faster. They'll get there when they get there. 

Personally I'll be so glad when all backers have been processed and delivered so this forum can get back to productive posts that are actually worth reading. I've been spending most of my time reading posts in the development section as these at least are relevant and of interest.
  • SebastianDamm01SebastianDamm01 Posts: 16Member
    @Rahul Bhagat - are those issues related to the german (and propably european) import ban due to the CE conformity thing? Are you holding them back until this is solved so there won't be bunches of pebbles beeing sent back or destroyed by customs? that would be really nice to know. I would even appreciate to wait _some_ longer, as long as I can be sure to get my pebble then without issues with customs
    @Rahul Bhagat - are those issues related to the german (and propably european) import ban due to the CE conformity thing? Are you holding them back until this is solved so there won't be bunches of pebbles beeing sent back or destroyed by customs? that would be really nice to know. I would even appreciate to wait _some_ longer, as long as I can be sure to get my pebble then without issues with customs
    Somebody on Reddit said "My guess is that this is down to the European CE certification thng that's holding delivery up around Europe. I'd rather they sorted this out now and I have a wait a bit longer for my "grey-to-black" rather than having it rejected/destroyed at customs!" followed by:  "Wasn't a part of the problem that the serial number has to be somewhere on the watch/box/documents in order to comply with the certification, meaning someone probably has to sit there and manually put some stickers on things before they can be sent out." so if that's the case, then just say so, we'll wait patiently knowing manual work has to be done to accustom ROW backers.
  • pikingpiking Posts: 151Member

I'm a US switcher that hasn't heard anything. No shipping info, still on step 3. Guess its not isolated to row.

US shipment is processing. You may be just not the first batch.

For ROW, it is nice to hear something from Penble team but it would be nicer to have it few days before and tell people what the few issues are.
  • well after changing colour to get the watch "within the next two weeks" and the breach that was to hope I have asked for a refund. Really annoying experience for me
  • LeanneLeanne Posts: 2Member
    This company is a joke, they get 10mil and can't use some of it to employ more people to make sure that statements to their international kickstarter backers about shipments being made in 2 wks that it will happen!!! How many vague reasons can you come up with and why wasn't the problem posted to the kickstarter blog?
  • graycrowgraycrow Posts: 21Member
    All that CE certification issues would not exist if Pebble would select a reputable European company for CE certification, but they selected a Chinese company. It's definitely was cheaper, but for what cost?! When I seen that CE certification is made in China, I almost choked. 
  • RolfVenemaRolfVenema Posts: 15Member
    edited April 2013
    The rate this is going, I'll have my Pebble around Christmas. 2014. 

Seriously though, what a a complete screw-up this whole mess is. I don't even care about the watch being late (whatever, it's a little gadget that'll be fun for like a year), it's just the complete disdain this company has for the people that believed enough in it to pay $100+.  
    Post edited by RolfVenema on
  • FrankGrothusFrankGrothus Posts: 5Member
    The rate this is going, I'll have my Pebble around Christmas. 2014. 
    At least not before you could buy various smart-watches from your prefered company (like Sam*ng, Ap*e, So*y, Hu*ei ...). Maybe you are not interested in this watch anymore. Was there a single announcement in the last year that becomes true?