[Renamed] The dead Pebble thread (Firmware 1.8.x - 1.9.0 bug)

metroidmenmetroidmen Posts: 310Member
edited April 2013 in Support
Turned it off yesterday to charge. Dead. Won't come on. Absolutely ridiculous. And of course support hasn't gotten back to me. And they probably won't for like 2 weeks. Then we have to wait for the whole RMA process. Had my pebble for 2 weeks. And now I'm looking at 2 months to use it again. And then how long til this happens again? I pray there's a fix for this so I don't have to RMA. And soon.
Post edited by CaffeineJunkie on
Huebble - Philips Hue control via Pebble Smartwatch!
  Huebble is available on the Pebble appstore

Comments

• GojulasGojulas Posts: 4Member
    edited February 2013
    Tried charging off the PC and off a USB charger, but nothing. For a while I would get the "Pebble" screen when I pressed a button,, then the low battery icon, then back to blank. Now, nothing.

Cable looks fine, it connects to the Pebble fine, just... nothing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ShoelerShoeler Posts: 25Member
    edited February 2013
    Did you charge yours with a computer or an adapter? I hooked mine to my PC last night and never saw the battery symbol with a lightning bolt through it, which it seems means it hasn't charged yet. Try using a different source to charge it.
  • GojulasGojulas Posts: 4Member
    edited February 2013
    Tried both. Never saw the lightning bolt ether.
  • ShoelerShoeler Posts: 25Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm guessing that's why it's dead. I doubt it's bricked - there's likely some issue with charging. Try other adapters maybe? Other computers?
  • deanputneydeanputney Posts: 5Member
    edited February 2013
    I had this exact problem. I've tried several methods of charging, but I cannot charge my Pebble. I've submitted a support request via the app, but haven't received a response yet. Maybe I'll try again.
  • cgrossmeiercgrossmeier Posts: 13Member
    edited February 2013
    When my battery went dead, it took 15 minutes on the charger before the watch could be started again. I held down the right side middle button and it started up. I then left it on the iPhone Charger adapter for 5 hours for a full charge. (The lightning bolt disappeared after 5 hours)
  • metroidmenmetroidmen Posts: 310Member
    And it's not the cord. As it had a charging indicator before I turned it off.
  • cloroxbbcloroxbb Posts: 104Member
    Man that sucks. Im sick of hearing about all the faulty Pebbles. I really hope mine is immaculate when it arrives. Im hoping the pre-orders will have fewer faulty watches.
  • ThomasshieldsThomasshields Posts: 10Member
    @metroidmen that's pretty unrealistic, there's quite a few people ahead of you awaiting support. They'll respond to you when it's your turn
    I don't mean me specifically, I mean we the people with dead pebbles.
  • jaydotjaydot Posts: 108Member
    maybe pebble can address this in this thread. tried it over at reddit but did get no response. what could be the problem here. is it a software problem or a  hardware problem. it only happens when you select shutdown on some pebbles. 
    is there a way to resurrect these pebbles? my case is now 9 days old and i have yet to hear anything. looking every day at the dead pebble at my desk makes me really sad. 
  • CraigReidCraigReid Posts: 16Member
    Pebble D71E howdythereneighbors@yahoo.com Case #23667 Sent Mar 16, 2013 01:44AM UTC I want a Pebble team member to respond to this issue immediately. This is ridiculous.
    Same situation as me, my Case is #23458, still had no reply, just an auto responder.
    jaydot said:

maybe pebble can address this in this thread. tried it over at reddit but did get no response. what could be the problem here. is it a software problem or a  hardware problem. it only happens when you select shutdown on some pebbles. 

is there a way to resurrect these pebbles? my case is now 9 days old and i have yet to hear anything. looking every day at the dead pebble at my desk makes me really sad. 
    Exactly! And I've contacted them on Twitter. Stating I don't want it to take weeks and they just said "It won't take weeks. We will pass your video to support."

And look here... I mean, they came out and announces an issue with the oily looking screen, with the garbled screen, but not a peep about this issue. I love this watch but we need this looked into and we need to be prioritized. And now that the color focus is switching, is this going to interfere? We haven't gotten a response, and when we do the RMA process of us sending the watch and them making us one and then it shipping to us is going to take god knows how long... This aid absolutely ridiculous.
    they shouldn't prioritize us anymore than other pebblers with hardware problems but they should investigate this issue and come back to us. our hardware seems to be fine, it looks like a software problem and maybe it can be solved without sending the hardware back. but if they don't react we will soon find many more threads about disappointed users with a "dead" pebble resulting in maybe unnecessary support requests. 
  • MicahHerstandMicahHerstand Posts: 4Member
    I've had contact with Pebble and they are aware of this issue and are looking into a fix. Given that they don't have a fleet of outsourced customer service agents it's hard for the handful of them to respond to the tens of thousands of us in a timely fashion (not that we all send them messages regularly, but you get the idea). Obviously it's frustrating to be one of the few users with such debilitating issues, but you just have to trust that they are working on a fix as fast as they can.

With respect to their mass-announcements, it seems like they generally only include issues that affect a large number of users. This isn't to say your issue isn't important; it is. But there's no reason to scare everyone about unresolved issues that are only experienced by a relatively few number of people.

Just to reiterate: they do take every support issue seriously and they are working on a fix for this issue.
    Any of us with unusable pebbles should be priority. They have a lot of support stuff stating bugs and things, they need to go through and find us unusables and weed us out first. This is just frustrating. I don't mean to come off as a dick. :/
    Got a response from support. Run of the mill stuff asking me to try recovery mode and to see if its the cord. Nothing more since. :/ Wish we could just start the inevitable RMA.
    Got a response from support. Run of the mill stuff asking me to try recovery mode and to see if its the cord. Nothing more since. :/ Wish we could just start the inevitable RMA.
    Well being loud about your problem obviously helped, my support reference number is an earlier one than yours by a couple of hundred and I didn't hear anything. So clearly not following a first come first served strategy.
  • RalphBRalphB Posts: 16Member
    Mine's dead too. Just the standard reply from support so far. Waiting for an RMA. :-(
    @ralph did you do a manual shutdown in the settings menu? 
  • FabianOffFabianOff Posts: 1Member
    @jaydot well I did and now my pebble is as dead as many others..

Guess we'll have to wait for the team to announce anything, too bad we can't use it until then.
    so is it still to early to call it a widespread problem?
  • CaffeineJunkieCaffeineJunkie Posts: 2,193Moderator
    jaydot said:
    so is it still to early to call it a widespread problem?
    Difficult to say.  I'm sure there are others with this issue who havent weighed in on this thread, but only 5 people have reported it here.  Don't misunderstand me, I'm not claiming it's not a serious issue for you, it clearly is.  I wouldn't want it happening to me.  I just don't see it as widespread from this post.
    Forum Moderator  iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0.3)
    edited March 2013
    Definitely not my charging cable... If Pebble do weigh in... no comments about charging cables as many people have verified their cable is fine.

Post edited by CraigReid on
    They told me they will RMA. Once support contacted me it was a straight up discussion with replies minutes appart. He said they'd contact me with an RMA label but has disappeared since. They said they won't said a new pebble to me until the receive my old one. So I'm looking at, with build time, probably about 3 weeks...
  • PixiePixie Posts: 12Member
    Same boat here guys sent error report to Pebble a week ago and still no reply.  Maybe the press would be interested in "Biggest Kickstarter FLOP"
    congratulations. my case id is #22183 and i haven't heard anything back from support since the automatic reply. where and how do you have to send the watch? i really really hope for another way since my first pebble nedded a month from singapore and in german customs plus i had to pay almost 20 euros.
This discussion has been closed.