On Pebble, Twitter

As someone who's waiting with some anticipation for my Pebble (yes it's a color Pebble and white to be specific), I probably spend more time than I should looking for information on when it might be made and shipped. I am approaching a year since I backed, was dissapointed but sort of understanding when the production and delivery slipped, but less so as more time passes and information remains scant. So my question here is: am I the only one that thinks Pebble is missing the boat with what they are doing on Twitter? The nature of Twitter is such that it seems perfect for them. They can offer up mini-updates on the nuances of perfecting colors, switching lenses, dealing wwith multiple shipping systems and many countries, identifying and squashing bugs and in general dealing with anxious people like myself who want their goodies and want them now. What I don't want and what seems to be prevalent on the current system is gifs from bad movies, links to updates that I've already read ad nauseum and the same old same old about pre-orders, etc. Occasionally there are people who need help and who seem to get it there but that doesn't seem to be a big part of what they are doing. 

I understand that PR for a new product is cool and don't begrudge them that. I still believe in the product and am looking forward to having it on my wrist. I do believe however that there is information out there that would appease people like me and (also) buy them a little time with their backers. I also believe that is our just due for getting on board early and supporting them in the process but that might be a subject for another day. Stopping now...

Comments

This discussion has been closed.