[Watch face] Roboto Weather [httpebble]

ZoneMRZoneMR Posts: 28Member
edited June 2013 in Pebble Watchapp Directory
Building on Katharine and Bobhwasatch's work, a mashup watchface showing the weather below an Android-style clock. Bonus feature: A phone link lost alert!

An installation of httpebble on iOS is required, currently limiting the availability of this watchface to developers.

Update 1.3:
 * Fix polling for weather
 * Automatically determine units (C/F) based on location

Update 1.4:
 * Never leave your phone behind again! Vibrates when phone link is lost, and displays a "No Phone" icon.

Update 1.5:
 * Refactored code for structure and reliability
 * Contains some debug codes which may appear occasionally, will be removed in next build
 * Short vibration on reconnection after link lost

Update 1.6:
 * Minor tweaks to visual appearance.
 * Hit my own server to offload Katharine. Working 15 minute refresh.
 * Debug codes should be rarer (still left some in for troubleshooting)

Update 1.7:
 * Reduced buffer sizes to 124 bytes (may fix Android crashes)
 * Changed vibration sequence on disconnect to the one used by Niknam's Futura-weather
 * Don't treat phone-side weather download problems as a watch link loss
Post edited by whacko on
BitCoin Donations: 16JtA7ovnGztKqbHJWkFTJiGqDGpxYDDBu

Comments

• DavidFishmanDavidFishman Posts: 60Member Pebbler
    I'd love to have the weather in Fahrenheit. Could you post the source so I can edit?
  • NicolasLetarteNicolasLetarte Posts: 5Member Pebbler
    Hi, thanks for your version, it is great to have time in 24hrs format...
    But, as with the Katharine's design, weather is showing "N/A". Why ?
    I don't understand why.
    Nicolas have you installed the accompanying iOS app?
  • MikeGuntherMikeGunther Posts: 31Member
    is there still an android app for?
  • NicolasLetarteNicolasLetarte Posts: 5Member Pebbler
    @ David, did you mean the "Pebble" app which is also the WatchFace manager ? Yes, of course.
  • kaplanfxkaplanfx Posts: 57Member Pebbler
    @ David, did you mean the "Pebble" app which is also the WatchFace manager ? Yes, of course.
    No there is another iOS app from Katherine that you need to install.  Currently this can only be done if you are a registered iOS developer.
  • MagnusKvevlanderMagnusKvevlander Posts: 9Member
    edited May 2013
    kaplanfx said:
    No there is another iOS app from Katherine that you need to install.  Currently this can only be done if you are a registered iOS developer.
    Compile and install this [ https://github.com/Katharine/httpebble-ios ] on your iPhone. You need to either have access to proper app provisioning for testing (i.e. be part of the official iOS developer program by paying $99/y; or being buddy with one who does) or jailbreak and fake-sign.
    Post edited by thightower on
  • EmmanuelSandersEmmanuelSanders Posts: 86Member Pebbler
    This looks great, I look forward to a non developer (and android) version.
    I wish there was a way you could make money off these, I would gladly pay a small amount for a watch-face like this !
  • magumagu Posts: 5Member
    Have had it running since yesterday, and the weather doesn't seem to update automatically. After switching to another face and back again, it reloaded properly from the Internet.
  • JoeSearleJoeSearle Posts: 14Member
    Where did you get the watchband in that picture?
  • ZoneMRZoneMR Posts: 28Member
    @David - I've updated the watchface now to automatically infer the temperature units based on location. Hopefully this will work for most people. I'll also be releasing the source soon.

@magu - there was indeed a bug upstream with the watchface not correctly polling for weather changes. This is fixed now.

@Joe - It's a leather strap originally for the Junghans Mega 1000. I think it fits the pebble perfectly, and makes it look a bit more high-end.
  • ironic6925ironic6925 Posts: 13Member
    Can't wait for the Androidversion of this app! Looks fantastic!!
  • Suzanne SchillerSuzanne Schiller Posts: 1,883Moderator mod
    Love the phone break icon, I know nothing about coding, but all this activity is making me think I need to pay that $99. Tell me, if I do so, can a novice like me simply download the .pbw file and install?
    Forum Moderator

Kickstarter OG Black and OG White
    Brushed Stainless Steel
    Kickstarter Time White
    Kickstarter Time Steel Gold
    Nero Time Round
    iPhone 6

• 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member Regular
    Looks great.
    Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
    Agreed this is awesome. Well done.
  • bartbart Posts: 22Member Pebbler
    Wow, the phone break icon is very nice. I hope there comes an Android version also.Thank you
  • AbelAbel Posts: 1Member
    please! step by step in jailbroken iphone! amazing whatchface! need install in my pebble!!
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member Regular
    Abel said:
    please! step by step in jailbroken iphone! amazing whatchface! need install in my pebble!!
    Is yet described :
    http://forums.getpebble.com/discussion/5386/weather-watch-httpebble-demo-watchface/p1

• mymymymy Posts: 44Member
    First time I'm jealous of iOS users.
  • dersiedersie Posts: 1,085Member Regular
    Pebble-Glance give yet the Weather with more feature for Android users ;)

• SylarSylar Posts: 253Member
    Can this be added to a jailbroken iPhone by any chance? If so, how? Thanks
    iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken on an iPhone 5, Android 4.1.1 on a Droid DNA, One Black Pebble and One Red Pebble.
  • 8a22a8a22a Posts: 449Member Regular
    mymy said:

First time I'm jealous of iOS users.

Majority of us iOS users can't have it either.
    Pebble Steel (Brushed Stainless Steel) PebbleOS v2.2  -  Pebble iOS App v2.2   -  iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.1
  • mymymymy Posts: 44Member
    dersie said:
    Pebble-Glance give yet the Weather with more feature for Android users ;)

Oh...thanks for the tip! My Pebble just got awesomer.
  • JerryRanalloJerryRanallo Posts: 17Member
    Zone-MR Where did you get that great watch band on our pebble?
  • Jason02Jason02 Posts: 16Member
    Check the other thread. If you are jailbroken on ios, you can install with AppSync. The ios app is posted in the other thread.
  • RonaldRonald Posts: 25Member
    edited May 2013
    New version of the ipa keeps giving me the "lost connection" symbol as above. Katharines watchface works.
    Post edited by Ronald on
  • VincentVincent Posts: 69Member Pebbler
    edited May 2013
    How often is this weather updated?  Is it possible to change the refresh rate?  Thanks
    Post edited by Vincent on
  • ZoneMRZoneMR Posts: 28Member
    @Vincent The refresh interval is 30 minutes, although the next version to be reduced soon reduces this to 15 and also fixes a few connection glitches.

@Jerry It's a leather strap originally for the Junghans Mega 1000 watch. Fits the Pebble perfectly.
  • JerryRanalloJerryRanallo Posts: 17Member
    Zone-MR. I really like your Roboto Weather watch face. When will your app be aviable to non- devlopers like me.